Yellow eyes

kellie lees

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hello, this may seem somewhat of a depressing post but I am just after some advice. My husband is 31 years, fit and well but recently diagnosed with type 1 in January. Despite coming to terms with it and honeymooning he is coping well and now he's on insulin actually says he feels better than he has done for a while. Recently I've thought his eyes look a little blood shot and yellow - I'm freaking out could this be pancreatic cancer (I know people can't diagnose) but as diabetes is the pancreas i wonder if there's a link? We've recently had a baby so my husband is suffering from a lack of sleep and getting up and going to work so I know he's tired a lot could it be something as simple as this? I know people can't say but I'd just like some views? Thanks

AM1874

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Not much
Hi @kellie lees ..
Sorry to hear about your husband's symptoms and your concerns .. it must be difficult for you, particularly with a new baby. However, you do state in your post that you understand people here can't diagnose, so my advice is see your doctor as soon as possible (or 111 as an alternative) .. that's the only way that you will be able to put your minds at rest

Reactions: Brunneria

GrantGam

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hello, this may seem somewhat of a depressing post but I am just after some advice. My husband is 31 years, fit and well but recently diagnosed with type 1 in January. Despite coming to terms with it and honeymooning he is coping well and now he's on insulin actually says he feels better than he has done for a while. Recently I've thought his eyes look a little blood shot and yellow - I'm freaking out could this be pancreatic cancer (I know people can't diagnose) but as diabetes is the pancreas i wonder if there's a link? We've recently had a baby so my husband is suffering from a lack of sleep and getting up and going to work so I know he's tired a lot could it be something as simple as this? I know people can't say but I'd just like some views? Thanks
There are many, many issues that can lead to yellow eyes. For example, a friend of mine had an issue with his gallbladder, and that was one of the symptoms.

If that were me, I'd be taking a trip to my GP just to err on the side of caution. I'm sure tiredness could be a factor, but it's always best to be safe than sorry.

Please let us know how he gets on:)

Reactions: ickihun

catapillar

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I'm freaking out could this be pancreatic cancer (I know people can't diagnose) but as diabetes is the pancreas i wonder if there's a link?

There isn't a link between type 1 diabetes and pancreatic cancer. Type 1 diabetes is caused by your immune system getting a little bored/confused/over enthusiastic and killing off the insulin producing beta cells in the pancreas.

Pancreatic cancer can cause islet of langerhans (where the beta cells live) to be destroyed, but it's pretty unusual for pancreatic cancer to destroy enough of them to significantly impact on insulin production. Type 3c diabetes is when you stop being able to produce insulin due to pancreatitis or pancreatic cancer - but that's usually caused by actually having the pancreas wholly or partly removed in order to treat the cancer.

There is a hypothetical link between type 2 diabetes and pancreatic cancer, but that's basically because they don't know what causes type 2 it's possible that in some cases in may be caused by something sinister in the pancreas, equally it's possible that the hyperinsulimia required by an insulin resistant type 2 diabetic's pancreas does something to cause pancreatic cancer, in rare cases. They just don't know. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC149418/#!po=45.2381

Enclave

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
As others have said before me, please do get your husband to see his doctor.

kellie lees

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Thank you I hope I haven't offended posting this as I know it sounds bit hypochondria!! My husband says he will go to the doctors just to ease my mind. I just want some advice if at all possible

Enclave

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Thank you I hope I haven't offended posting this as I know it sounds bit hypochondria!! My husband says he will go to the doctors just to ease my mind. I just want some advice if at all possible
No offence taken, but sometimes worrying about what things might be is just going to cause more stress and until we know via the doctor as to what his problem is, it's not going to help you or him. Yellowish eyes could be caused by so many different things.