Yet another newbie...more and more every day!

garthrodgers

Hello all,
Just a brief intro, as I am new to this forum. Diagnosed T2 in June, on 1x500mg metformin daily, have improved diet and go to gym 2-3 times a week. Have lost 15+ lbs (since March) and hope that I'm making progress, but won't know until until 6 mth checkup and blood tests. Was offered statins, but want to wait and see if metformin+diet+exercise has maded a difference.

Feel better than I did a few months back, but still not "well" in the sense of say 5 years ago...still get aching limbs and tiredness (although, as I say, better than before)...suspect that my dosage is the lowest possible, and may need to be increased - any thoughts on different/better medication appreciated.

This forum really good, lots of supportive folk, just a bit concerned about the multiplicity of opinions some being completely contrary...guess it's whatever works for each person. If I come across any good advice or experience, will pass it on - but a bit early for me so far. Thanks all,

Garth

hanadr

Expert
Dislikes
soaps on telly and people talking about the characters as if they were real.
Hi Garth
do you have a blood glucose meter, to help you to see where you are going?
Hana

sugarless sue

Master
Dislikes
Rude people! Not being able to do the things I want to do.
Welcome to the forum,as you spotted ,a lot of different advice ,please have a good read and see if there is anything that suits your lifestyle.Ask us questions,there's always someone who can answer it.

Bluenosesol

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Dark mornings, intolerance any one with a superiority complex...
Hi Garth,

a couple of points..
I was advised that 2 x 500 Metformin is the minimal effective dose?
A 6 month review after diagnosis is way too long!!.
I would ask for a 3 month review and if they refuse, then I would ask at least for a 3 month HBA1C test!.
Ask your GP if 6 months of high BG is potentially injurious. If the answer is no - change your GP!!
If the answer is yes, then they agree that a 6 month review is insufficient!!.

Best Regards Steve.