Yippee (I think)

ixi1429

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I was diagnosed last June with T2. My HbA1c was 52. I was not put on medication

I cut out all the “c**p”, well OK not all the c**p – I still ate limited amount of crisps an the occasional high cocoa chocolate. I had a test in Oct and it was down to 48. I attended the X Pert course and switched to a LCHF diet.

Just had the results in form my test last week and my HbA1c is Haemoglobin A1c level - IFCC standardised 44 mmol/mol [20 – 42].

It has not quite sunk in yet.

Edited for language by moderator.

Last edited by a moderator:

ixi1429

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I know. I was not expecting it to drop to that level. I was hoping it would drop to 46/47. and this was with Christmas in the way when I was mostly good but not all good. I didn;t count the carbds and had a few small sausage rolls etc.

Just goes to show (and I know most of us on here know it) that the LCHF works.

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Well done! Keep up the good work!

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Well done, that is an excellent achievement. Keep it up and maybe next test will be even lower. :)

Guzzler

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Poor grammar, bullying and drunks.
Well done that man! Onwards and upwards, well, downwards in our case.

Reactions: david1968

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Well done! Love it when a plan comes together. :D

ixi1429

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Thanks everyone.

Now I go out mad anf have steak and chips of Fish and chips :) Only joking,
Now comes the harder part - getting it below 40 and keeping it there. Onwards and downwards as Guzzler said.

One of the other benefits has been a reduciton in my chloreesterol. My total is now below 5 (it was 5.7 in Oct) but my LDL is still high - 3.5 but it is dropping (4 in Oct).

ixi1429

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Thanks for the kind words and the support.

So the good news has final sunk in. To be honest I couldn’t believe my numbers dropped so low. I was kind of expecting it to remain at 48 (my HbA1c in Oct), so I as a little shocked to see that all my efforts had paid off. Even though I knew I was doing the right thing – Low Carb diet, I don’t think sub consciously I believed it would help me reduce my numbers.

I will admit to a celebratory curry – Mixed grill, sag point and a chapatti – with the resultant impact on my BG – it jumped by 3 (4.7 to 7.7) but it was worth it J and it was a one off. Average numbers this week (including my 7.7 spike after my curry) are still 5.7 so I am OK with the one off spike this week.

According to the NHS BMI checker I am still marginally overweight by about 1½ kilos so that’s my next target weight wise. I also want to see if I can my HbA1c under 42.