yogurt

teddybear74

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
hi I was wandering if anyone could help me please I like to have a yogurt or two after lunch and evening meal but I just checked the sugars in it and they are high and so is natural fromage frais and natural yogurt is there anything I can have that is lower

luceeloo

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
is the 0% greek yogurt total ok sugar per 100g is 5g

The 0% fat is fine, but they also do a full fat version which is great too. I use it for breakfast, for snacks, and use it where other people use mayonnaise. It's versatile and great.
If you prefer it a bit sweeter, throw some berries in it, or throw a bit of sweetener in it. (I find that the packaged sweeteners from places like Costa coffee are excellent for keeping in bag for when I fancy a small pot of sweeter yoghurt).

DonnaC-T

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I have the Lidl creamy Greek full fat, 3.2 in a 100 and it is gorgeous. £1.58 for a huge 1 kg tub. X

A

AnnieC

I do low fat so I have low or nil fat greek or plain yogurt and have it with berries but I have to check the labels to see what the sugar content is as others here say some low fat can have more sugar than full fat. I often get it in the asian or eastern european shops and can usually find a low sugar one and more variety there than the supermarkets

totsy

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
liars, animal cruelty
i have a longley farm yoghurt, theyre about 13g carbs but do have fruit pieces in

douglas99

Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Added sugar to low fat yoghurt is mainly a thing of the past now.
Most low fat are near enough the same in sugar as high fat, but there are exceptions, so always read the label, as you've unfortunately found one there.
I make my own, from skimmed milk or alpro, and I know it's low fat and low sugar. Cost me under a tenner for the machine.

Alpro also do a good low fat low sugar soya yoghurt.

Daibell

Master
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Most branded yogurts are loaded with sugar and some starch. If you want a ready-to-use fruit yogurt you could try Irish Yogurts Diet yogurt which has no added sugar just sweeteners and the natural sugar from the fruit. I only have one a day and wouldn't go beyond that

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
Onken Natural Set yogurt is delicious.

Riri

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
The conservative party, people who are cruel to animals and aggressive people
I like the Activa yogurts - the lemon and vanilla flavours are all under 10g carbs per pot. I also the the soya alpro yogurts which are again below 10g carbs per pot. I have to be honest I don't look at the sugar content just the total carbohydrate content.

sagarg

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
hi I was wandering if anyone could help me please I like to have a yogurt or two after lunch and evening meal but I just checked the sugars in it and they are high and so is natural from age fries and natural yogurt is there anything I can have that is lower
Hello,
yogurts is very good for body it makes body cool from inside...