Yogurts

SlimLizzy

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
football, both the game and the culture.
Hi i live in the UK shop at tesgo and sainsbury s thanks
Sainsburys do a full fat, live, greek style yoghurt at a very reasonable price. great with berries, the mixed frozen ones are useful as you can have exactly the portion you want with no waste. Again reasonabely priced, esp compared to fresh berries.

Reactions: Viv19

SlimLizzy

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
I’ve just tried plain yoghurt and it’s revolting compared to flavoured ones!!
plain or Natural yoghurt vary widely in taste and texture, some can be thin and acidic. Try looking for greek, or greek style yoghurt. These are usually much creamier, maybe add half a teaspoon of honey, at first, until you can do without? or some strawberries chopped up? You are probably used to the sugary ones and yes, natural is different. Your palate will change in time. Good luck on your journey to better health

Reactions: Viv19

Hooty

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I have found Lidl’s own brand Greek yoghurt (actual “Greek” not the one labelled “Greek style”) is really good. It’s thick and has a rich, creamy taste so I find it quite filling. I think it is £1.49 for a 500g pot. I add some mixed seeds to it for breakfast to add some texture and extra protein. Sometimes I have some chopped strawberries or flaked almonds too.

Hooty

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Ha! I’ve just looked at the nutritional info on the Lidl Greek yoghurt and see it is actually 75% yoghurt, 25% cream.... no wonder it tastes rich and creamy!

TriciaWs

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Ha! I’ve just looked at the nutritional info on the Lidl Greek yoghurt and see it is actually 75% yoghurt, 25% cream.... no wonder it tastes rich and creamy!

Not come across this one - but i sometimes stir double cream into (real) greek yogurt and semi freeze it before mashing in berries.

Reactions: Hooty

SlimLizzy

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Will be looking for this next time at lidl. Have found Lyons greek yoghurt made in greece, but that was in Carrefours.

Reactions: Hooty