1. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2020 »
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Guest, stay home, stay safe, save the NHS. Stay up to date with information about keeping yourself and people around you safe here and GOV.UK: Coronavirus (COVID-19). Think you have symptoms? NHS 111 service is available here.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

Yoo Hoo! I'm starting Newcastle tomorrow CAN'T WAIT!

Discussion in 'Low Calorie Diets' started by diadieter, Mar 31, 2016.

1. Osidge

Osidge Type 2 · Well-Known Member
    Retired Moderator

2. diadieter

diadieter Type 2 · Member

HI Carb guy, I know you said it's 800 but I want to do it at 600. I just posted my menu for today. I think I did a good job! Please comment! WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

3. diadieter

OK to AND BREATHE----
    I was diagnosed in the hospital.
    My numbers were like 170, 190, I don't think they were above 200.
    They did an A1C test.
    AT the time I weighed about the same as I do now, about 225. (POUNDS, not kilos. I'm American. We don't know how to do kilos WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!)
    Regarding binging then taking metformin, for me, it works. I don't know why but it does.
    I said earlier that I'm a TYPE2 diabetic, but really for me this is due to obesity.
    If I'm not overweight, I don't have it, HOWEVER, from what I know now, when I lose weight again, I am NOT going to binge because since I'm 55 now, I don't think it's a good idea, even though I do exercise every day (90 minute/12 minute bike ride), I think after a while your body just can't take it, so why abuse your body, you know? Am I right?
    Also, to Carb guy, I want to lose weight fast because it gives me a boost, morally, mentally, whatever, it makes me feel better in my head, you know?
    Like I said in an earlier post, of course I will raise my calories, like probably ultimately to about 1100 or 1200 per day because that has worked fine for me in the past with all my exercise.
    Also, the older we are, the less calories we are supposed to eat. Right?

4. NoCrbs4Me

NoCrbs4Me I reversed my Type 2 · Well-Known Member

I didn't see your day's menu. I wish you well, but...in my opinion, the meal replacement shakes are horrific. Just sugar and powdered, processed and artificial chemicals, not food. I know it's only for 8 weeks and they won't kill you, but personally I wouldn't even ingest one of those things. If I were to do a very low calorie diet, I would eat real, nutritionally dense food, like fresh beef.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. ladybird64

ladybird64 Type 2 · Well-Known Member

In total agreement with this, they're just plain nasty. The shakes that is..:D

6. fene48

fene48 · Well-Known Member

The point of the shakes is to have a balanced intake of nutrients. Protein shakes do not fit the bill, but you may be told by your doctor to have extra protein ( to limit lean muscle tissue loss). Please listen to Prof Taylor's lecture before you start/modify the diet.. It was designed and studied by people who know their stuff. Best of luck.

• Agree Agree x 2
  7. zand

zand Type 2 · Expert

8. diadieter

Hello everyone, I am now on day 2 and doing fine!
    I do have access to the shakes, Optifast? Medifast? Slimfast? etc., I may get some, but I want to use the food I already have first. I have chicken, frozen veg, whole grain bread, grapefruits (I gotmore at the orchard yesterday and I may go pick some oranges later today), bananas, sardines, tuna, etc.
    People here on this post have REPEATEDLY told me that ND is 800 cal per day, 600 w/ the shakes and 200 in vegetables.
    OK! I UNDERSTAND THAT!!!
    I do not see harm in eating 600 a day if there is no hunger and letting the FAT burn off in exercise, because that's what will happen for someone like me.
    I am 5-6 weigh 225 (yesterday, did not weigh myself today) and I exercise/bike ride every day.
    Clearing out the overflowing stomach is GOOD not bad, and keeping it to just enough NOT OVERFED is what people with diabetes are supposed to do. When my stomach is full is when I have a lot of weird symptoms.

• Winner Winner x 1
  9. ladybird64

ladybird64 Type 2 · Well-Known Member

Ok, but you were the one that said you were starting the Newcastle Diet, so people have mentioned that what you are doing isn't the ND - that's all. Would you expect them not to comment? I wish you success, with what you hope to achieve.

10. NoCrbs4Me

NoCrbs4Me I reversed my Type 2 · Well-Known Member

Perhaps this should be called the diadieter diet.

11. diadieter

I am HAPPY people commented on my post.
    I have NO PROBLEM with people commenting on my post.
    That's what this is for, for people to comment and help eachother.
    I AM HAPPY PEOPLE COMMENTED ON MY POST AND CORRECTED ME ABOUT THE ND CALORIES!
    WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    I
    AM
    HAPPY!!!!!!!!
    I really am!!

12. diadieter

The diadieter diet??? LOL I LIKE THAT!!! THAT'S CUTE!!!!! WOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

13. Belzedar

Belzedar Type 2 · Well-Known Member

And statins, too. Worth mentioning that because you're probably on those, too.

14. Wildrover

Wildrover Type 2 · Well-Known Member

I too am very confused, either one is Diabetic or not, maybe IMHO @diadieter might get more information by having a look at last years thread started by Norman, "Newcastle diet starting Monday, Done it once Who gonna join me on my journey??"

• Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook