Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
Thanks Catherine,

I can certainly relate to what this lady has wrote!

The alcohol swabs brings back memories. They were quick and easy, came in boxes of about 100, and were expensive to buy as I had to pay for them then. The advice back then was to cleanse the skin prior to injecting, and this would normally be done by soaking cotton wool in surgical spirit and wiping the skin. Made you stink of surgical spirit, hence why I paid for the alcohol swabs.

Times change, and thankfully the advice is to just inject, provided the skin is clean. I did often wonder why I did not get a girlfriend back then, every other man smelt fragrant whilst I smelt like a hospital theatre! :(

Nigel

Debloubed

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
When people say 'Pacific' instead of 'Specific' :-)
fab article! I like number 10 the best :D I did my DAFNE course with a lady who had been type 1 for almost 50 years, pretty much all her life and she had lost and then restored the sight in one of her eyes, had kidney complications but had managed to halt the progress and was about to start pump therapy - a total inspiration! She told me she had to use a wheelbarrow to take all her gear to school with her for testing urine and weighing food - reminds me how far even I have come with my meagre 23 years experience! :lol: