You Did Not Eat Your Way to Diabetes

HSSS

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I've always been a bit confused on how things work to be honest. At one point a few years ago I had a summer of being really careful, or what I thought was really careful, eating salads and the like and was pretty confident at my HBA1c test and was mortified when it went up to 64. So annoyed I was that I fell of the wagon completely and ate a lot of what's perceived as junk food for the next three months and was in a pretty dark place mentally. Next HBA1c three months later and it had dropped to 46! I was baffled and so was my GP! I'm certainly not advocating junk food by the way. Maybe I was eating more meat and not loading salads with sugary dressings or maybe a more hearty chicken/shish kebab (more meat) was filling me up so I didn't pick and snack?! I'm still confused!!
Well considering the main stream food messages right now are pretty much back to front (with the exception of actual sugar and non starchy veg) maybe it’s not as strange as it first seems.

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
@vic's Just a minor point and slightly of topic if you are quoting from a source it would be helpful and it is usual here to give a link to that source if at all possible.

Reactions: lucylocket61