your body

hellboy

i am stephanie and i am insulin dependant diabetic and have been for the past 16 years and over the past 4 years i have had a bit of a problem with my stomache i look 6 or 7 months pregant and some days i look bigger than others and no matter what i have done it will not go away the only thing ai have not tried is surgary and that is a bit dramatic and when i spoke to my diabetic doctor they told me that it was because of me injecting insulin in to my stomache and i have not for just over a year and nothing has this happened to any one else for i now ware baggy clothes and at work and nearly every where i go i get asked when is it due or my personal fave 'should you be carrying that tray in your condition' any advise or just to talk

odd username i no but it my fave film a bit like me the odd one out

sugarless sue

Master
Dislikes
Rude people! Not being able to do the things I want to do.
I'm not type 1 steph but I wonder just how much insulin you take per day.Perhaps the stomach is due to the amount of insulin you take.

totsy

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
liars, animal cruelty
hya and welcome,
im not sure about your problem, i inject insulin but so far havent had the lumps, i suggest asking your health care provider, sorry i couldnt be more helpful :)

lilibet

Hi hellboy

Is skin lumps that are the problem or does your stomach get bloated/distended.
If so maybe check what you are eating? Any other symptoms for example ie wind, pain etc, weight loss. Could it be related to bowels or stomach or internal problem. IBS, coeliac etc.

Just thoughts

L

sean

:?

hi helboy i am type 2 and have the same problem, the latest consultant told me it was ibs and took blood test for celiac, but it is very uncomfortatable and you feel very conscious in other peoples company. good luck

hellboy

hi all that replied thank you for ever thing and eddie all go to the gym twice a week on my days off from work a carbahydate count on my insulin and i have a very balanced diet my mum makes sure of that and been diabetic is may be all that bad to every body but when you lived most of your life fearing what will happen next you fear every thing for every thing i went through in primary school and even high school it was scary not because of my candition but because of what people did and said to me i was left to one side and stayed in the shadows. i was lonely even the guys i have dated have turned against me and i have not lost weight since i was diagnosed 16 years ago

iHs

Hello Stephenie :)

Reading your message I have a feeling that you are suffering from lypodystrophy caused by repeated injections of insulin over the years.

If it is very bad and really bothers you, you could ask for a referal to see a plastic surgeon who will most likely suggest liposuction. I had a fat deposit on my left leg for many years caused by Lente insulin. I was able to have liposuction done and the lump vanished.

http://www.bddiabetes.co.uk/cgi-bin/bd/ ... o%3D&show=