Ypsopump

Dustydog

Type of diabetes
Type 1
I, like many people, have been using the Insight pump for 3 years now and quite frankly it hasn’t met my expectations. However, I have been offered the Ypsopump and I wanted a pump where I can use remotely, I.e. a bit like the old Combo pump used to work. I have heard that you can operate the Ypsopump remotely using the app.

May I ask, has anyone any information on firstly the Ypsopump and secondly their experiences using the App.

Thanks ever so.

Gemma2

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I, like many people, have been using the Insight pump for 3 years now and quite frankly it hasn’t met my expectations. However, I have been offered the Ypsopump and I wanted a pump where I can use remotely, I.e. a bit like the old Combo pump used to work. I have heard that you can operate the Ypsopump remotely using the app.

May I ask, has anyone any information on firstly the Ypsopump and secondly their experiences using the App.

Thanks ever so.

I also have been offered the Ypsopump after 7 years on Insight. My question is will I be able to use without a Smartphone or iPhone.

Dustydog

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Hopefully the following will be useful. I am now armed with the Ypsopump and it is 2 way Bluetooth but at the moment the app is not fully functional. I test using the Ypso blood sugar meter and it seems to transfer to my phone. However, I understand that the good thing about this pump is that it will be totally Bluetooth which for me will be absolutely fab. However, I probably think that minus a Smartphone it may not be for you as I believe it is app driven. I hope this helps.

Gemma2

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Many thanks for your reply. I made contact with Ysomo and the lady assured me that I would be able to use pump without Bluetooth and Smartphone. Very relieved and happy.

matchless

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Hopefully the following will be useful. I am now armed with the Ypsopump and it is 2 way Bluetooth but at the moment the app is not fully functional. I test using the Ypso blood sugar meter and it seems to transfer to my phone. However, I understand that the good thing about this pump is that it will be totally Bluetooth which for me will be absolutely fab. However, I probably think that minus a Smartphone it may not be for you as I believe it is app driven. I hope this helps.

Thanks ever so.
Hi dustydog i have been on the ypsomed for about a month now and am loving it i have had 3 differant pumps in the past now 4 and i think this is the best so far filling the cartridges so easy compared to my old medtronic no bubbles as you know also prefilled fiasp cartridges and the orbit cannulas are so easy to put on and take of ,

matchless

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Hi dustydog i have been on the ypsomed for about a month now and am loving it i have had 3 differant pumps in the past now 4 and i think this is the best so far filling the cartridges so easy compared to my old medtronic no bubbles as you know also prefilled fiasp cartridges and the orbit cannulas are so easy to put on and take of , i have tried the mylife app but does not bolus yet also i could not get insulin on board so will wait till they have fixed it allso hoping for FSL 3 closed loop

zepherine

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I too have just been started on the Ypsomed pump after using Insight for many years. As you know the new app is up and running now so can remotely bolus from a smartphone. Had a few teething troubles when new app installed but all sorted now. Been lots to get head around as need to be tech savvy but have managed ok for someone well into their 60's...
I haven't used the blood glucose meter yet as was using up my old test strips on my old meter but guessing this may be a mistake if the meter talks to the phone?
If anyone new to Ypso has any problems with theirs I have probably been there so may be able to help. Having said that the support team is pretty good.

Dustydog

Type of diabetes
Type 1
I have now been using the pump since August 2022 and also now on the remote blousing app. The only thing I would say is that I use the combination bolus feature and find it a little irritating that I have to tap it twice in order that the app understands what I want. I am now out and about and will find it so useful to remote bolus. The testing strips for the meter seem to be a bit of a mystery to my local pharmacy but I find the link between the meter and the app to be a. Bit on the slow side buy hey its doing the job. Hope this helps anyone who is interested

vic hill

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
YPSOMED PUMP HI ALL MANY THANKS TO YOU ALL AS I BEEN ON ACC-CHEK IN SOME FORM O SHAPE 15 YEARS and now have make a choice so may be for as i can use PRE FILLED NOVA RAPID 160 UNITS
I ASLO HOPE I CAN USE IT ON STAND ALONE OR WITH MOBILE SMATPHONE MANY THANKS VIC

ZGold

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Anyone using the Ypsomed pump (or associated with it) know which NHS Trusts will fund it, as I have been informed by mine that they categorically won't (without any reason given)?

ZGold

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
NHS pump types are a post code lottery atm i think.
I'm getting that impression - unfortunately we don't get the courtesy of gambling rules requiring them to reveal our odds :grumpy:
I've tried reaching out to the patient experience team, guess I'll see in a week or so if they can come back with anything useful - I know from the Ypsomed team that there are some people using it on the NHS in the northeast at least, just a matter of figuring out where, and then getting a referral.

Gemma2

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Been on Ypso Pump for a week very pleased with it but have two questions. How often do you change cannula and tubing. Previously on Insight Pump and did change every 2 days.
I don’t use smartphone so I can’t find out daily total of Bolus on the Pump. What is the procedure to find this on Pump.