Yummy Egg plant/ Aubergines

Larissima

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
HI Gezzabelle, I'm sure you can do this with courgette (zucchini) but eggplant is aubergine :)

I usually brush aubergine slices with olive oil then griddle them, as they soak up a lot of oil if pan-frying.

Reactions: 2 people

Gezzabelle

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
HI Gezzabelle, I'm sure you can do this with courgette (zucchini) but eggplant is aubergine :)

I usually brush aubergine slices with olive oil then griddle them, as they soak up a lot of oil if pan-frying.
Correct lol...I actually had a courgette in my hand as I put the thread up....confused my courgettes with my aubergines but it would work with either I think ;)

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I try every so often to like aubergines but only like the little tiny unripe ones used in Thai cooking.

Gezzabelle

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I try every so often to like aubergines but only like the little tiny unripe ones used in Thai cooking.
I actually hate them but am willing to try and change that if I can smother them with enough flavour to disguise them completely lol

Larissima

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Oh, I lurve aubergines! I could eat loads of soft, fragrant griddled slices just sprinkled with coarse sea salt, crushed garlic and parsley. Or crumble some feta cheese on top. Or layer them with mozzarella and either fresh sliced tomato or tom sauce, and bake covered with grated parmesan. Or use them instead of lasagne sheets with bolognese and cream cheese "bechamel". Or layered with fried mince then smothered in a mixture of eggs and yoghurt and baked as a moussaka. The simplest way is to just cut them in half, slice through the flesh a couple of times then glug some olive oil on top, add salt and garlic, and bake for 30-45 minutes. Yum! :)

Safi

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Oh, I lurve aubergines! I could eat loads of soft, fragrant griddled slices just sprinkled with coarse sea salt, crushed garlic and parsley. Or crumble some feta cheese on top. Or layer them with mozzarella and either fresh sliced tomato or tom sauce, and bake covered with grated parmesan. Or use them instead of lasagne sheets with bolognese and cream cheese "bechamel". Or layered with fried mince then smothered in a mixture of eggs and yoghurt and baked as a moussaka. The simplest way is to just cut them in half, slice through the flesh a couple of times then glug some olive oil on top, add salt and garlic, and bake for 30-45 minutes. Yum! :)

And baba ghanouj :D