Zero Carbs

NoCrbs4Me

Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
Vegetables
In a nutshell, the term "zero carb" was coined as a term of art as the name of a diet of an all animal derived food diet, with a few exceptions, and not a literal description. It probably should have been called "zero plant", but that also would not have been literally accurate since tea/coffee, spices and the small amount of sugar in bacon is considered ok in a zero carb diet. Here are the basic rules:
  • Eat only from the animal kingdom.
  • Eat nothing from the plant kingdom.

Reactions: jonbvn

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Eggs.bacon, cream and cheese have carbs. Better is coffee with grassfed unsalted butter blended with coconut oil/mct oil.
As has been said by @NoCrbs4Me there is a widely accepted definition of what a "zero carb" diet consists of.. no plant food all animal.. if you don't want to follow that then fine but please don't try and tell me what I should do.
Thanks

Reactions: Pasha

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Zero apparently doesn't mean Zero on this thread

Yes, but human existence is full of these little alternate meanings, isn't it? :)

- honey, i would love your parents to come and stay
- the Eatwell Plate is a healthy diet
- Darts is a Real Man's sport
- most T1s eat 'moderate' carbs
- T2s don't need to test
- pigs can fly
- the Newcastle Diet is a miracle cure if you believe in it enough
- it is possible to live without ingesting a single carb. Ever.

Language is a wonderful thing, isn't it? Just so long as no one actually believes that the words mean what their meanings say they do...

Last edited:

davidzerocarber49

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
In a nutshell, the term "zero carb" was coined as a term of art as the name of a diet of an all animal derived food diet, with a few exceptions, and not a literal description. It probably should have been called "zero plant", but that also would not have been literally accurate since tea/coffee, spices and the small amount of sugar in bacon is considered ok in a zero carb diet. Here are the basic rules:
I did ask you where on the internet is the original zerocarb diet, and who decided the rules? I guess you believe in fad diets, because olive oil is carbfree and has so many benefits such as polyphenols. It's ridiculous that extra virgin olive oil is shunned by people like yourself, you have zero science behind your Zerocarb theory, this reminds me of Chinese Whispers, zerocarb became zero plant kingdom, show me the science behind this mysterious rule.

davidzerocarber49

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Reading H L Newbold now...interesting stuff.

Pasha

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
I really cant understand all the background bickering going on here re semantics, The issues are pretty clear. What really counts is ,do you want to make a serious effort to improve you situation. Blood glucose , even trying lose newly gained weight from, for example. hormone therapy for cancer. Everybody will have their own goals and if serious will make a determined effort to see if they can reap some benefits from this WOE.I have been trying this WOE for only about 8 days and can already see some good results, obviously I need further time to see that they can be reproduced, time and again .One thing is already very clear to me and that is the no carb system [ or approaching as near as possible zero carbs ] suits me fine. I feel better and am already seeing improvement in BG readings. I dont expect any problems with food variety or other such limitations imagined or otherwise.I have done VLCHF for over 5 years and more or less know what to expect. Clearly its a bit like getting old ie not for sissies.

Reactions: Indy51

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I really cant understand all the background bickering going on here re semantics, The issues are pretty clear. What really counts is ,do you want to make a serious effort to improve you situation. Blood glucose , even trying lose newly gained weight from, for example. hormone therapy for cancer. Everybody will have their own goals and if serious will make a determined effort to see if they can reap some benefits from this WOE.I have been trying this WOE for only about 8 days and can already see some good results, obviously I need further time to see that they can be reproduced, time and again .One thing is already very clear to me and that is the no carb system [ or approaching as near as possible zero carbs ] suits me fine. I feel better and am already seeing improvement in BG readings. I dont expect any problems with food variety or other such limitations imagined or otherwise.I have done VLCHF for over 5 years and more or less know what to expect. Clearly its a bit like getting old ie not for sissies.
Great to hear.. I'm back on it again since that start of June although slipped slightly whilst on hols in France.
The original thread is now a bit old (how times flies) .. animated discussions can be quite informative as opinions get expanded upon more than by making blanket statements.

Pasha

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Question to the zero carbers here. Assuming that you check or have checked /tracked your BG values, do you find yourself to be in a state physiological insulin resistance. I have now completed a month with this WOE, so far its very straight forward and not at all difficult.

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Question to the zero carbers here. Assuming that you check or have checked /tracked your BG values, do you find yourself to be in a state physiological insulin resistance. I have now completed a month with this WOE, so far its very straight forward and not at all difficult.

My blood glucose levels are incredibly steady. usually less than a 1.25 mmol/l variation through the day, and sometimes a 2mmol/l variation during the night, because I tend to go low at around 2.30 am and then bounce back up afterwards.

Overall, my HbA1c has dropped about 4 mmol/mol, and now sits below Pre-D whichever side of the pond you live.

Re the physiological insulin resistance... can't really answer that one. I have been keto for so long that I may have been experienceing PIR for years. Doesn't seem to have done me any harm. :D and it appears to be my normal state nowadays. :)
Certainly, if I come off keto/carnivory (e.g. for a holiday), my lowest readings drop, and my highest readings rise, and I feel pretty awful. So I am happy to return to my PIR when I get back to what is now my preferred and normal carnivorous eating.

Last edited:
Reactions: Pasha