Zsweet GBP16.49 680gm is this a typo?

BaliRob

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
Noisy dogs and loud music especially low-note drumming
Is it me or is this too expensive? This is advertised on front page of this edition and boasts "rave reviews" and invites one to have a look at some but I could only find one fan. Many people have been disabled by Diabetes and are on low incomes - how can these folk (including pensioners) afford this product?

WhitbyJet

Hi Rob
Yes that is outrageous, but I think you pay for the brand name. I use this sweetener for baking, esp for the chocolate cakes as it gives best results, Zsweet = erythritol, and I buy it from ebay, its much cheaper there.

Knightwatch

I have had type 2 diabetes since Nov.2007 and had a very sweetooth and infact still do. However I had to give up things like sugar and tried various sweetners without success. As I cannot take coffee without sugar and I now use "Slender" 100grms £3.45 and usually last about 2 wks - also keep "Slender Sweetner Tablets" to hand when out and about, and have no issues from my medical team regarding same. :D

Grazer

BaliRob said:
Is it me or is this too expensive? This is advertised on front page of this edition and boasts "rave reviews" and invites one to have a look at some but I could only find one fan. Many people have been disabled by Diabetes and are on low incomes - how can these folk (including pensioners) afford this product?

Not sure it's that expensive? It's very light, so 680 grams is a lot. Knightwatch says he pays £3.45 for 100 grams of slender - that would be £23.46 for 680 grams.

BaliRob

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
Noisy dogs and loud music especially low-note drumming
Thankyou WhitbyJet. To the others - perhaps it's my 'frozen' pension that makes me so sensitive lol