1. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2021 »
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Guest, stay home, stay safe, save the NHS. Stay up to date with information about keeping yourself and people around you safe here and GOV.UK: Coronavirus (COVID-19). Think you have symptoms? NHS 111 service is available here.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

Zsweet GBP16.49 680gm is this a typo?

Discussion in 'Ask A Question' started by BaliRob, Jun 28, 2012.

1. BaliRob

BaliRob Type 2 · Well-Known Member

Is it me or is this too expensive? This is advertised on front page of this edition and boasts "rave reviews" and invites one to have a look at some but I could only find one fan. Many people have been disabled by Diabetes and are on low incomes - how can these folk (including pensioners) afford this product?

2. WhitbyJet

WhitbyJet · Well-Known Member

Hi Rob
    Yes that is outrageous, but I think you pay for the brand name. I use this sweetener for baking, esp for the chocolate cakes as it gives best results, Zsweet = erythritol, and I buy it from ebay, its much cheaper there.

3. Knightwatch

Knightwatch · Member

I have had type 2 diabetes since Nov.2007 and had a very sweetooth and infact still do. However I had to give up things like sugar and tried various sweetners without success. As I cannot take coffee without sugar and I now use "Slender" 100grms £3.45 and usually last about 2 wks - also keep "Slender Sweetner Tablets" to hand when out and about, and have no issues from my medical team regarding same. :D

4. Grazer

Grazer · Well-Known Member

Not sure it's that expensive? It's very light, so 680 grams is a lot. Knightwatch says he pays £3.45 for 100 grams of slender - that would be £23.46 for 680 grams.

5. Grazer

Grazer · Well-Known Member

Just looked on ebay, and it's from £20 to £30plus there for that amount!

6. WhitbyJet

WhitbyJet · Well-Known Member

Grazer - but if you buy it unbranded, erythritol its a bit cheaper.

7. BaliRob

BaliRob Type 2 · Well-Known Member

Thankyou WhitbyJet. To the others - perhaps it's my 'frozen' pension that makes me so sensitive lol

• Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook