Fry or use George Forman

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
They are sold as a "Fat Reducing Grill" .If you are trying to up your fat intake then that's not good... unless you collect the fat for your coffee of course... also eggs will most likely slip off ?

Reactions: Jaylee

Pinkorchid

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Matter of personal choice I would say. I use one to cook sausages bacon and steak because we are not fans of fried stuff

douglas99

Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Other
The good thing about the Foreman grill is you can press the food as you're cooking, so it's quite healthy if you are trying to cut out saturated fat.
The gunk that comes out can be easily disposed of, (and there is normally a lot of it)

James1968

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Well BG done b4 breakfast 6.1 will be interesting to see what it is in a couple of hours
2 bacon 1 sausage scrambled eggs 1 black pudding 2 tomatoes in grill 1 slice white bread
omg It's a lot when you write it all down

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Well BG done b4 breakfast 6.1 will be interesting to see what it is in a couple of hours
2 bacon 1 sausage scrambled eggs 1 black pudding 2 tomatoes in grill 1 slice white bread

I hope your 2 hour result is OK. There are a lot of carbs in that meal.

James1968

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Yeah just had a wee look
Carbs 39% - 69g
Fat 42% - 32g
Protein 19% - 33g
Will be interesting I think

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Ok so maybe tomorrow try the same without the tomatoes and bread and do a before an 2 hour after see if there is a difference.
Also maybe try 3 and 4 hour reading today as the fat content of the meal may slow the BG spike..

douglas99

Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Other

It should keep you feeling full until your evening meal though, so not bad if you look at it that way.

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Ok so maybe tomorrow try the same without the tomatoes and bread and do a before an 2 hour after see if there is a difference.
Also maybe try 3 and 4 hour reading today as the fat content of the meal may slow the BG spike..

I'd kill the black pudding well before the tomatoes, unless it was a low carb variety, and the sausage unless it was a high meat content one. The white bread slice is obvious.

James1968

Type of diabetes
Type 2
I know mate but just trying to this to see how it goes
9.1 after an hour
Is this good or bad?

daisyduck

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I fry. I like my streaky bacon really crispy, so I just smear the pan with olive oil and let it cook, The bacon releases a lot of fat and I carry on and fry my egg in that :)

Reactions: Liam1955