Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
My scales seem to have gone up 2lb this week -I’m not happy at 17 stone 8 :(

Keep going @Goacher55 - keep doing the right things and it will come down again. Do you keep a record of what you eat? If you stall for a while and you have a record, it can help to go back to the last week you lost and follow the same eating plan to see if that helps.

Reactions: Liam1955

Geordie_P

Type of diabetes
Type 2
A mixed week for me- I did a bit of binging and also put away a fair bit of alcohol. I remained the same weight as last Friday though- 179lbs. No progress made, but not as bad as it could have been: I'll try to be a bit more disciplined this week and see if I can get a couple lbs off for next Friday.

mo53

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
@Goacher55 just to say @Goonergal has made a really good point about keeping a food diary. I track my food on myfitnesspal. I track my calories, fat and carb intake. You can also plot your measurements and weight. This is good as some weeks you may lose inches but not weight. Are you drinking lots of water?

Fantastic weight loss from everybody this week.

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
I've started my food diary. It may help me. I haven't done one til now as if I think about food too much it distracts my focus.
I was losing week in, week out til I was sent on a well living nhs programme. Never lost the same since.
Some argue I was losing muscle more than fat. Weight loss is weight loss when you get to my size.

Reactions: rainbow79

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
I'm looking for my zest back for weight loss.
I've given myself the aim of getting to 114kgs before xmas. I really really want to do this.
I think I've put the family's needs before my weight loss, too much these past weeks.
I'm treating them on their week off then I'm insisting on my turn (in full). As xmas will be their turn again.
Maybe that's where I'm going wrong. Off and on isn't what I need. But all I can afford, right now.
Received an appointment to see dn late november. I'll be gutted if no real weight loss. (Just a few pounds not a stone).
It's coming off slowly then nothing for 2wks due to water retention then a larger loss. I wish my water balloon stomach would go and never come back!

mo53

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
@Contralto myfitnesspal is a website. I think you can get it as an app as well. It's worth having a look at.

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
Losing again. I think. See you all on friday weigh-in. I'm keeping my fingers crossed and weighing myself daily til then.
I'm determined to get this weight off. I have my eye on a lovely winter coat but I want it next size down so I can use it for a few years even after bariatric surgery. Thick jumpers will pad it out but this size would be too big and a nighmare for seamstress to adjust. I must get it uk18-20 or less.

Providence 62

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Not riding my bike
Losing again. I think. See you all on friday weigh-in. I'm keeping my fingers crossed and weighing myself daily til then.
I'm determined to get this weight off. I have my eye on a lovely winter coat but I want it next size down so I can use it for a few years even after bariatric surgery. Thick jumpers will pad it out but this size would be too big and a nighmare for seamstress to adjust. I must get it uk18-20 or less.
That's a really good idea @ickihun - having something to aim for (that isn't food related) keeps you on track. Got a picture of the coat?

Reactions: ickihun

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning all.

Decided to go with the format suggested by @ickihun

Started 101.1 kg (222.8 pounds) December 2016
Today 67.7 kg (149.2 pounds)
Lost 33.6 kg (73.6 pounds)

So an 0.4 kg loss this week. Weight loss definitely slowing as I get closer to my target of 63.5 kg (140 pounds).

Polgara

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Using @ickihuns new format (great idea BTW)

Started 115.3kg 5.4.17
Today 70.3kg
Lost 45.0kg (that's just over 7 stones)

That's another 1.0kg gone this week.

Have thought a lot about target weight etc over the last week. Have decided to aim for 68kg which gives me a bit of wriggle room with a healthy BMI - so just over 2kg to go. Going to add in a little extra fat/calories from this week to see if it slows down weight loss.

Reactions: Prem51

Robbieswan

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I like the idea of this thread. Just got on the scales. 18th September 2017 I was 19st 11lb, I am now 17st 3lb according to my scales this morning.

Reactions: Prem51 and Polgara