Room 101 (like the TV prog)

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I'll tell you why Pipp ... it's cos them blokes leave ALL the cleaning up to us ... one of my old retrievers did a massage 'dump' in front of the telly one morning (fortunately on tiled area) and all the kids and husband were going round 'ughing and ugh that stinks' so it was left to me. Wonder what would have happened if I'd walked away as well? Still be there I s'pose :(

Er... what is a massage dump? (My bold red).

I'm having trouble getting the thought out of my head...

Reactions: 3 people

MrsB

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Er... what is a massage dump? (My bold red).

I'm having trouble getting the thought out of my head...
I'm having these lovely visions of a pampered pooch getting a shoulder massage whilst going about his business with a cheesy spaced out grin on his face lol

Reactions: 4 people

Pipp

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Aw come on, nosher8355 already put predictive text in 101. But I think we should retrieve it if we get this sort of laugh.

Reactions: 2 people

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I'm having these lovely visions of a pampered pooch getting a shoulder massage whilst going about his business with a cheesy spaced out grin on his face lol

You have a MUCH cleaner mind than me.

julifriend

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Pre-dictive text on my phone should go in!

I am fed up of altering words that I haven't typed. I can't turn it off! Bloody iPhones!

[iPhone Support]

It's the Autocorrect field in Settings, General, Keyboard. You can turn it off there.

[/iPhone Support]

MrsB

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Can I put people who wee on toilet seats in? It's not nice living with 4 males. I mean how hard can it possibly be to aim lol

Reactions: 6 people

satindoll

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
How about said males who leave the seat up. early morning trips can end in a frozen bum, oooooooo

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
How about said males who leave the seat up. early morning trips can end in a frozen bum, oooooooo

We have an arrangement.

If I bumble into the bathroom at night (not turning light on out of consideration for dear Mr B), and sit down onto icy porcelain, then I get a flannel, run it under the cold tap, return to the bedroom, peel back the duvet, peel up the t shirt, and apply the flannel. Back or front, I have no preference.

It has happened twice in 8 years.

The first time he didn't believe it would happen.
The second, he genuinely forgot to put the seat down, and I really felt bad. But of course, I couldn't have backed down.

I realise some of you will think I deserve 101.
If so, so be it.

But I can assure you that all toilets in 101 will have their seats put down, after use.

Reactions: 7 people

satindoll

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
We have an arrangement.

If I bumble into the bathroom at night (not turning light on out of consideration for dear Mr B), and sit down onto icy porcelain, then I get a flannel, run it under the cold tap, return to the bedroom, peel back the duvet, peel up the t shirt, and apply the flannel. Back or front, I have no preference.

The second, he genuinely forgot to put the seat down, and I really felt bad. But of course, I couldn't have backed down.

If so, so be it.

But I can assure you that all toilets in 101 will have their seats put down, after use.

Actually Mr Satindoll and resident son do put the seat down and the lid too was just throwing it in for the unfortunate others.

C

chris lowe

Whilst I agree to the calls, I'd have to say that not all the RSPCA people are like their bosses, the ones I know personally are dedicated to their jobs and do everything in their power to make a difference in the lives of our unfortunate furry/feathered friends.
The staff on the ground are brilliant. It's just the bosses sitting on their backsides in their offices who get ridiculous salaries and when everything goes bottoms up get even more money by doing what they should have done in the first place - resign!

Aaaaaans breathe

C

chris lowe

We have an arrangement.

If so, so be it.

Oh, Thanks a long Brunneria. Now I have to get the mental picture of Mr B's exposed "bits" and you weilding a cold wet flannel before I get to bed tonight. Think I will have to pour another large Canadian Club and diet lemondade.

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Oh, Thanks a long Brunneria. Now I have to get the mental picture of Mr B's exposed "bits" and you weilding a cold wet flannel before I get to bed tonight. Think I will have to pour another large Canadian Club and diet lemondade.

Don't worry. You're safe. He wears shorts to sleep in.

Most of the time.

C

chris lowe

Aw come on, nosher8355 already put predictive text in 101. But I think we should retrieve it if we get this sort of laugh.
Yes, predictive/spell check text can be embarassing. I used to be secretary of the local scout/cubs group and would write up the minutes. I once forgot to check that the computer hadn't automaticaly spell checked . Unfortunately Mr Futcher had been corrected to Mr F****r. Took a long time to live that one down!

Reactions: 7 people

Lamont D

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Yes, predictive/spell check text can be embarassing. I used to be secretary of the local scout/cubs group and would write up the minutes. I once forgot to check that the computer hadn't automaticaly spell checked . Unfortunately Mr Futcher had been corrected to Mr F****r. Took a long time to live that one down!
That reminds me, can parents who give their offspring stupid names go in please? They don't realise the harm they are doing! A perfect example is a friend of mine named Wally, and his surname is Fuchs!
Also some of the hippy names that so called celebrities give their kids!

Rant over!

MrsB

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I don't mind predictive text too much. It's nice not to have to type the whole word in sometimes ;) do get annoyed when it doesn't correct my bad typing tho. The amount of times I put do instead of so due to misaiming on my phone and don't realise.

I actually miss it when I use my work laptop and it doesn't correct my laziness. I seem to have a real brain block about how to type be. On a PC I nearly always put eb. Drives me mad

MrsB

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
That reminds me, can parents who give their offspring stupid names go in please? They don't realise the harm they are doing! A perfect example is a friend of mine named Wally, and his surname is Fuchs!
Also some of the hippy names that so called celebrities give their kids!

Rant over!
Definitely!!!! It's not even necessarily just the name, it's the spelling. Daisy is not spelt Daysee, Emily is not spelt Emalee *** I am a pedant when it comes to grammar and spelling and it makes me want to kill when I read about people in the paper whose parents could not even figure out how to spell their children's names properly. Aaaaaaaaaagh *steam comes out of ears*

satindoll

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Definitely!!!! It's not even necessarily just the name, it's the spelling. Daisy is not spelt Daysee, Emily is not spelt Emalee *** I am a pedant when it comes to grammar and spelling and it makes me want to kill when I read about people in the paper whose parents could not even figure out how to spell their children's names properly. Aaaaaaaaaagh *steam comes out of ears*

Does that include me, I called one of my girls ........, she called her daughter .... and other daughter called her little ones ..........and ........

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: 3 people