Type 2's: What was your fasting blood glucose in a morning?

Status
Not open for further replies.

beatdise

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Gym workouts
Thanks @daddys1 very interesting! I found the explanation of the chart, which says:

Basically, the 20 meters were all tested 10 times against a laboratory verified sample of 6.5mmol/l. The results above show that only 3 meters achieved a more accurate result (shown by the "bias" column) over the 10 tests but of these 3, only 1 meter achieved a more consistently accurate result (shown by the variance figures in the "VK%" column). In other words, of the 3 meters that had a more accurate result over the 10 tests, 2 of them had much greater variation of results (i.e. less consistency).

What these results essentially show is that the only meter that achieved more consistently accurate results than the SD Codefree Blood Glucose Meter was the Finetest system - a unit which, as far as we are aware, is not available to the general public and is only available to medical professionals.

These results also show that whilst the SD Codefree Meter will consistently give you an accurate result, some better known brands such as the Freestyle Lite and the Bayer Contour will consistently give you readings which are much lower than your true blood glucose level.

So it seems the Codefree is very good, accurate and consistent. I bet they didn't use batch 44 strips during the experiment! LOL ;)
Very Very VEry Good!

Reactions: 5 people

AndBreathe

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
@daddys1 - Do you have a link to the study you cited earlier, please? I have read it before, but didn't bookmark it. Thanks.

Reactions: 2 people

brettsza

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Just came home to see my test kit in the bathroom. Out of curosity took a reading and it was 5.7 which is what i was getting last few days. Left the kit in a warm room for 15 mins and retested and came at 4.8 which is what i am usually on when i am back home.
Still using batch 44. So thats a massive drop of .9

Reactions: 9 people

daddys1

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)

AndBreathe

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Reactions: 8 people

Susikav

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Diabetes and ulcerative colitis.... :) Rude people... Violence.... and the amount of time I spend away from my beautiful family in the UK...
7.3 this morning Dad treated me to a Chinese was very naughty had some rice noodles AND prawns toast. I can get away with 1 or the other but not both. The meal was yummy :):):) yy Chan in Sidcup
It's nice to see that number without a sad face and hospital food attached to it though... :) You have to have a treat sometimes - especially after the couple of weeks you went through...

Reactions: 6 people

Susikav

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Diabetes and ulcerative colitis.... :) Rude people... Violence.... and the amount of time I spend away from my beautiful family in the UK...
5.1 before dinner
5.6 after 1 hour of carb heavy dinner as I only ate a max of 15g each day in last few days so decided to treat myself with few spoons of rice with red kidney beans
5.2 after 2 hours
5.4 fasting
Stayed in 5's all day but did keep the test kit in room
Hopefully those readings on 6 and 7 were a blip
I had my a1c done in november
Haven't seen the doc since but should I book an appointment and ask them to give me a1c test form again and will they do it?
Having really bad pain I think I am developing a frost bite on a finger on my feet.
Oh no... such good numbers for the day and such bad news with the pain... you need to go straight to the surgery with an emergency appointment... try and keep warm... :inpain:

Susikav

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
5.2 on this balmy February morning (-3.5oC when taking the dogs out!)
Blimey... :coldfeet: I'd love to be able to walk the dogs in it though - I miss that... But it's 19 here and balmy with it... I wish I could send some sun over there...

Reactions: 4 people

Susikav

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Fasting blood 4.9 at 06.15 today, then 6.1 at 08.00 just as I was about to have breakfast. Don't know what is going on there I'm sure :confused:
How strange... it will be interesting to see what the next one is... at the risk of mixing the threads again (crikey, I'll be knitting a blooming sweater next), what are you eating for breakfast?

Susikav

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
5.2 at 6.30 and 5.4 after almond bread with soft cheese and a piece with butter and a tsp jam... It made me happy today - fasting has been too high for me recently... I think my sinuses affect the early morning reading though... I've made a note in my diary that I keep every day... I have to write everything down because I suffer from MikeD's STML... :)

Reactions: 11 people

Susikav

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
6.7 for me this morning... my fault I consumed too many nuts and too many breakfast balls. Ho hum at least I know why and what not to do. Thinking of buying a straight jacket to wear in the evening... as I am developing a munchie habit I didn't used to have.
A muzzle? :)

Susikav

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
London has joined most of the UK we have snow :):):) i am a big kid at heart. That's why i work with teenagers
My friends left here this morning to re-patriate to Canada after 15 years for her and 40 for him... they were hitting London for a couple of weeks first to sort of 'ease' them into the Canadian winter.. :) They might not be as happy as you to see the snow, but I love it and am missing it... :( Enjoy but put your warm gloves and boots on... :)

Reactions: 4 people

Susikav

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Bedtime - 6.8
Fasting - 6.3

It seems my request to my GP for Forxiga last year may not have fallen on deaf ears afterall. Yesterday I had a phonecall from a private dietician who explained I had been referred to her by my GP. She has offered me an appointment for this Thursday morning and also asked me to bring my bs diary and my food diary, and followed it by saying she would like me to take my bs at least 4 times a day between now and the appointment. She wants to know my fasting, bedtime and before and 2 hours after meals bs.

Hurrah! - a dietician who encourages the same testing as we are advised here :)
6.1 this morning grrrr (average of 2), after 5.6 at dinner +2.

Stress, tiredness, erratic sleep, cold weather?
So frustrating - know exactly what you mean...

Status
Not open for further replies.