Type 2's: What was your fasting blood glucose in a morning?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Susikav

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Diabetes and ulcerative colitis.... :) Rude people... Violence.... and the amount of time I spend away from my beautiful family in the UK...
0.00, totally forgot this morning in the rush to get to work and try to sort a multitude or problems. Usual day for me.

However on averages I will record a 5.5 which is my norm.

Be back with it tomorrow.

Keep well & wrap up tight it's cold out there.
The wonder is, with all the rush and the problems, that you don't read higher - credit to you... I hope your day calms down a bit... :)

Reactions: 4 people

Susikav

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Diabetes and ulcerative colitis.... :) Rude people... Violence.... and the amount of time I spend away from my beautiful family in the UK...
All meters have to comply with the 15% rule, so I doubt there is a great deal of difference between any of them. Our problem lies with a particular batch of strips rather than the meter. I've had very little trouble with the other batches other than a few silly rogue readings that may or may not have been the strips. They have at least been consistent if not entirely accurate. This batch is anything but consistent.
I forgot my meter on one of my many travels and my husband found me one named FreeStyle? It showed me as 7.5 fasting and 9.8 later after my two hour test... I have never, ever recorded those numbers, so I threw the whole thing in the bin... obviously the brand is not adhering to any 15% rule... Now I have my AccuChek and my numbers are normal again... :)

Susikav

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Reactions: 5 people

Susikav

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Vis-a-vis remembering to order stuff when in UK; we run a shared spreadsheet (stored in a shared folder in Dropbox), with a few tabs on. Tabs include UK shopping list, Overseas shopping list, Home jobs and Paradise jobs. When we're in one place and think of something, we bang it onto the speadsheet for action or prioritisation.

The UK shopping list always has certain stuff on, like water filters and some essential oils we use as insect repellents, but it saves a lot of frustration, and works for us.
Thank you!! I am often a techno-bimbo, even though I'm not really.... I never seem to have time to explore all the wonderful things that my computers can do... I bet my husband knows though, and didn't tell me... I use DropBox all the time - but not for anything really useful like that... :) I will definitely sort it out... I tend to put things in Reminders and never remember to check it till it's too late... :facepalm:

Reactions: 2 people

killerkaz

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
How strange... it will be interesting to see what the next one is... at the risk of mixing the threads again (crikey, I'll be knitting a blooming sweater next), what are you eating for breakfast?
Morning, well yesterday it was bacon, egg, tomato and mushrooms. Just got up done my fasting blood today which is 5.0 and have just had full fat Greek yoghurt with strawberries. But yesterday I also realised I had a pot of 44 strips.

Susikav

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Morning, well yesterday it was bacon, egg, tomato and mushrooms. Just got up done my fasting blood today which is 5.0 and have just had full fat Greek yoghurt with strawberries. But yesterday I also realised I had a pot of 44 strips.
Interesting... they seem to be a bit erratic these 44's...

killerkaz

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Are the manufacturer aware of batch 44? If so why haven't they been recalled?

Susikav

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes

Susikav

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Not maybe as much as you expect ;). May surprise you.....
You're right.... I stole two thrice-cooked chips from my husband's plate last night - having heard everyone rave ad nauseam - and they were sooo boring... really... not that I have ever been much of a carb-lover... but such a disappointment... I really enjoyed all the buttered veg and the creamed spinach though... :)

Susikav

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
How strange... it will be interesting to see what the next one is... at the risk of mixing the threads again (crikey, I'll be knitting a blooming sweater next), what are you eating for breakfast?
Could it be the flaming 44's though?

loulou99782

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
6.9 this morning up early going to doctors for my first check since coming home and to update them on new meds. Bit chest with the cold weather

Reactions: 9 people

PatsyB

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Diabetes
8.6 today and go for my blood results today.....

Reactions: 8 people

JohnD54

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Rice
5.3 I remembered, lol as usual in the 5s that even though I had a snack of 100grams of nuts last night.

Another day another dollar work beckons, the filming season is commencing again in Europe so early starts
And late finishes for a while.

Keep warm for those in our climes and keep cool for those in warmer.

Have a good day everyone.

Reactions: 10 people

Mandingo

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Ooh what bread did you make? I made some Swedish breakfast rolls today, um they didn't' quite look like the nice bread roll on the picture, more of a splat really.............

I bought this bag of Wholewheat flour from my local health shop.
I modified the recipe a little, I used Splenda instead of sugar, also only used 1/2 tsp of low salt and used Olive oil.

The recipe and method is on the pack.

I tolerate one slice at breakfast
With no noticeable spike at 2 or 3 hrs.

Attachments

• 1423037403433.jpg
    1423037403433.jpg
    19.9 KB · Views: 160
Reactions: 8 people

cold ethyl

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
6.3 after very late dinner. Let's see if my 44 batch behaves today. Same fasting as another batch which is annoying as sometimes it's spot on and other times it's miles out.
@killerkaz I suspect that the outcome of contacting would be the standard " they are within tolerance"

Reactions: 12 people

Mandingo

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
@Pasha

I enjoyed the testing more than the eating.

This morning for breakfast I had:
I slice of my homemade Bread, 1 egg, 2 rashes of bacon, cup of coffee and a slice of my steamed apple pudding with cream.
2 hrs post 5.3, 3 hrs post 5.2.

Admittedly I take 40mg Gliclazide daily, and I take it as soon as I get out of bed about 15 minutes before breakfast.

Reactions: 15 people

badbrogs21

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
My morning bloods were 4.2 bit on the lower side but last night it was 25.3 gonna close monitor today

Reactions: 10 people
Status
Not open for further replies.