Blood Sugar in High 20's and GP not helping, please advise

donnellysdogs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
People that can't listen to other people's opinions.
People that can't say sorry.
My HbA1c is down from 125 to 115 but I am not sure exactly what HbA1ct is? And what should I be aiming for?

Looks like you're unintentionally, not your fault aiming in the direction of insulin.....

Someone will come along in a moment for the figures... Good to see it down a little but sad to be honest that you've been left for so long with such high levels....
Hopefully your DSN and Community Team and GP will now raise your priority to get better meds.....

Any contact from anybody Scottie?

Reactions: 2 people

psychicsal

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
My HbA1c is down from 125 to 115 but I am not sure exactly what HbA1ct is? And what should I be aiming for?
Hey Scottie, I've been told they would like it to be below 40 my highest has also been 120 .
Do you get migraine when your sugars are up?
X

scottie1

Looks like you're unintentionally, not your fault aiming in the direction of insulin.....

Someone will come along in a moment for the figures... Good to see it down a little but sad to be honest that you've been left for so long with such high levels....
Hopefully your DSN and Community Team and GP will now raise your priority to get better meds.....

Any contact from anybody Scottie?

No, not yet. Called the doctors for my blood results and the HbA1c is what they told me. The receptionist just said 'it's coming down so is better'., no mention of a doctor or anything like that.

scottie1

Hey Scottie, I've been told they would like it to be below 40 my highest has also been 120 .
Do you get migraine when your sugars are up?
X

Hi Sal, sorry to hear yours has been so high too. Haven't had a migrane or any sort of headache really, think I may just be strange.

psychicsal

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi Sal, sorry to hear yours has been so high too. Haven't had a migrane or any sort of headache really, think I may just be strange.
Aha nah don't think your strange
Have got to phone my surgery back on Thursday morning and hopefully will be able to get in.
Oh glad your not suffering with migraines, I've been suffering an attack now for over a week
X

donnellysdogs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Scottie..
So your community diabetic team are meant to be contacting you aren't they?

I would try getting hold of an administrator tomorrow... And ask state just that you're feeling dreadful and ask that a referral has been made because you haven't heard anything.
The hospital in your area should be able to give you the community team
Phone number (as should your gp's). Then phone them..

Reactions: 3 people

scottie1

Aha nah don't think your strange
Have got to phone my surgery back on Thursday morning and hopefully will be able to get in.
Oh glad your not suffering with migraines, I've been suffering an attack now for over a week
X

Oh, that's good Sal. Fingers crossed they will see you. Not so good about the migraines though, ouch.

scottie1

Scottie..
So your community diabetic team are meant to be contacting you aren't they?

I would try getting hold of an administrator tomorrow... And ask state just that you're feeling dreadful and ask that a referral has been made because you haven't heard anything.
The hospital in your area should be able to give you the community team
Phone number (as should your gp's). Then phone them..

I had to phone the community team Donnelly,I was given a booking reference and a password. I called them last Monday and they said they would be in touch soon with an appointment. After not hearing I called yesterday and they said it could be anything from 7-10 working days before they contacted me. I will call again tomorrow.

Clivethedrive

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Jogging
I'm literally dying for better figures Clive. But I shall hope I am seen soon.
Keep eating though scottie and try hard( i know you do) to eat portion controlled meals ,that way your liver knows whats coming and hopefully will start to settle down and not dump so much glucophage.

donnellysdogs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Good, just say you are feeling extremely ill and may have to have an unplanned admission to A&E... They wouldn't like that.. As they have to avoid them......

Reactions: 4 people

psychicsal

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Oh, that's good Sal. Fingers crossed they will see you. Not so good about the migraines though, ouch.
Ah thanks Scottie
No tell me about it I've only started suffering from then since being diabetic and they are really painful.
Done my blood sugar levels before my dinner and they were 28.4 three hours later and they are over 30 arghh

psychicsal

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Just a quick response.. Still totally dry... Is that thirst wise? Only that will not go away whilst your levels are so high...
No tell me about it so wish it would lol.
Have been through so much water my lips are chapped my throat is sore all through being dry

scottie1

Will do both, thanks Clive & Donnelly.

That's really high Sal, am worried about you. What did you have for dinner? Anything that could have caused them to rise? I am really hoping the Doctor will see you on Thursday. My BG is currently at 19.4, so not good either even though I've eaten well all day. I do feel sick though.

donnellysdogs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Ah thanks Scottie
No tell me about it I've only started suffering from then since being diabetic and they are really painful.
Done my blood sugar levels before my dinner and they were 28.4 three hours later and they are over 30 arghh

You are unlikely to be having actual migraines to be honest.. With levels as high as yours you are very close to DKA and more likely to be symptoms of very high levels.

To be honest with levels as high as yours I would be hoing to A&E and taking your meter and explaining your bad head. I would not be waiting to see a GP.

psychicsal

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Do u know what I was wondering about the head tbh with you as my migraine medications not working
As for A + E. No thank you lol I really can't face sitting up there for many hours my anxiety won't take it x