Type 2's: What was your fasting blood glucose in a morning?

Status
Not open for further replies.

BooJewels

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Much better today thank you :).....was really off the hooks yesterday...tummy ache and not much of an appetite but seems better so far today. I think my tummy doesn't always like what I eat now and is still getting used to the new regime....it howls like a wounded banshee at times (quite embarrassing when you're standing in a queue at the bank lol ) :)
Glad to hear it. My gizzards have certainly taken some time getting used to new foods and I too get a lot more internal sounds. Twice yesterday I stopped because I thought I heard someone talking, before I realised it was my own belly.

Your pain might have been trapped wind, I'm certainly finding that an issue (I think less so than it was at first) - I think carbs like brown bread helped it through, so without it, it stays put.

Reactions: 2 people

Merrylizard1314

Hi, again,
When I woke from my afternoon sleep( 2hours and 15 mins), my BGL was 4.4, but my blood pressure was astronomical.
I cannot really understand this- I thought that reducing my insulin resistance would have a beneficial effect on my BP, but it is actually much worse now than it has ever been before.
Had an investigation last week, but there is nothing physically wrong with the heart itself.
Was too busy for the rest of the afternoon and evening to worry about it, but now I am, a bit.
Sorry, folks, this is turning into a moan. I'll cheer up in a minute or two.

Reactions: 8 people

Merrylizard1314

Glad to hear it. My gizzards have certainly taken some time getting used to new foods and I too get a lot more internal sounds. Twice yesterday I stopped because I thought I heard someone talking, before I realised it was my own belly.

Your pain might have been trapped wind, I'm certainly finding that an issue (I think less so than it was at first) - I think carbs like brown bread helped it through, so without it, it stays put.

@BooJewels
When I had this problem, @Spiker said I should drink much more water. I did, and the problem fixed itself over a few days. Hope this helps

Reactions: 6 people

BooJewels

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
@BooJewels
When I had this problem, @Spiker said I should drink much more water. I did, and the problem fixed itself over a few days. Hope this helps
Thanks for the tip. I'm odd for a diabetic, in that even when my BG is high, I don't have a thirst and I have to force myself consciously to drink, but know that when I do, I'm better for it. I'll try that, thanks.

BooJewels

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi, again,
When I woke from my afternoon sleep( 2hours and 15 mins), my BGL was 4.4, but my blood pressure was astronomical.
I wonder if your raised BP was in direct response to the 4.4 - that for me would be uncomfortably low and if you're heading towards a hypo, it would possibly raise your BP as your body is stressed - my heart races like mad when going hypo - due to the release of adrenalin. Was it still high later when your BG was higher?

Reactions: 6 people

emptyplate

Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Other
7.7 mmol / L this morning!
6.3 mmol / L at bed time.

Better than yesterday morning but, still way too high for me.

I suspect I was cresting my morning Dawn Phenomenon wave as I had a lie in and 2 hours later my blood glucose was 7.1 mmol / L.

Reactions: 17 people

Gezzabelle

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
A rather shocking 18.7 mmol/l that I can't explain much. Tested heavy (dark green) on urine dipstick too. I'm usually 7-9 mmol/l. Maybe coming down with an infection. Took more insulin and will monitor. Did two retests and verified original reading with back up meter.
Wow a bit high...hope all is okay for you

Baruney

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi, again,
I cannot really understand this- I thought that reducing my insulin resistance would have a beneficial effect on my BP, but it is actually much worse now than it has ever been before.
Had an investigation last week, but there is nothing physically wrong with the heart itself.
Was too busy for the rest of the afternoon and evening to worry about it, but now I am, a bit.
Sorry, folks, this is turning into a moan. I'll cheer up in a minute or two.
Hola @Merrylizard1314

Sorry to hear - what has it risen to if you don't mind me asking?

emptyplate

Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Other
After 7 something this morning I'm now 8.9. Two bergen toast at 7.30 and nothing since.

What's that all about.

From 7 mmol / L pre prandial to 8.9 mmol / L post prandial on 2 Bergen toast is not bad at all especially if they were the big slices! Just a 1.9 mmol / L rise!

Perhaps more butter next time? ;)

Baruney

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Hola

5.3 fasting. Gave that bully a good biff on the old boat race. Now it's up to me to make sure he stays down.
"What's my name"
"What's my name"

Reactions: 18 people

Hiitsme

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Yes very pleased indeed considering no medication, just diet and exercise and now looking forward nervously to my lipid profile result next week. Hoping I will be the next in a long line of LCHFers to demonstrate improved cholesterol by being smart and choosing the right fats and eating much more of them instead of carbs.
I do hope you get good results next week. My total cholesterol went down from 5.4 to 3.8 and others all within range. The only one that is slightly out of range is ALT. I think that is to do with a fatty liver so I think I still need to lose a little bit of weight but my GP thinks I need to stabilise my weight now as I'm in the middle of BMI normal range. I'm not doing really low carb but normally fats are over 50% so was surprised. Do let us know.

vit90

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I do hope you get good results next week. My total cholesterol went down from 5.4 to 3.8 and others all within range. The only one that is slightly out of range is ALT. I think that is to do with a fatty liver so I think I still need to lose a little bit of weight but my GP thinks I need to stabilise my weight now as I'm in the middle of BMI normal range. I'm not doing really low carb but normally fats are over 50% so was surprised. Do let us know.
Interesting - and yes I certainly will. My total cholesterol was already a good 3.6 but one of the xDLs although OK could have been a bit better so will be comparing that.

daddys1

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hola Neil

Isn't 6.8 to 6.3 an acceptable variation according to the meter s manufacturers? Which one are you using?

Sorry, I'm actually not referring to the variance, it was a rhetorical question, co's I'm usually below 6.0

Reactions: 3 people

Robbity

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
A week's worth of fasting levels: 6.5, 6.7, 7.5, 7.8 (big oops!), 7.0, 6.7, 7.0
Bedtime readings between 5.8 and 6.4
7 day average: 7.0 fasting, 6.9 overall

Robbity

Reactions: 21 people

Merrylizard1314

Hola @Merrylizard1314

Sorry to hear - what has it risen to if you don't mind me asking?

Bonjour@Baruney, no, I don't mind you asking - it was 201/102 my pulse rate was 48. When I get up in the morning, these days, it is usually about 184/95 and my pulse rate is about 56.
Last year, and up to February, it was perfectly normal, 125/72 and my pulse was usually 64-70.
At first I thought it might be a consequence of weight loss, but now I don't know.
I do a fair bit of exercise, but even then, the BP is still what I consider to be high, at144/90

Status
Not open for further replies.