Type 2's: What was your fasting blood glucose in a morning?

Status
Not open for further replies.

eddie1968

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Pasta, sorry to me it's vile, yeuch lol (and full of nasty carbs)
A rather shocking 18.7 mmol/l that I can't explain much. Tested heavy (dark green) on urine dipstick too. I'm usually 7-9 mmol/l. Maybe coming down with an infection. Took more insulin and will monitor. Did two retests and verified original reading with back up meter.

Reactions: 15 people

orchid5

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
7.3 :( this am, was 5.7 before bed and under 50g of carbs all day, last ate something at 7:30pm! However after havung two cups of herbal tea and my babybels for brekkie now at 5.6!!!! Either dehydrated or dawn dumping grrrrr.

Reactions: 15 people

Pasha

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
A rather shocking 18.7 mmol/l that I can't explain much. Tested heavy (dark green) on urine dipstick too. I'm usually 7-9 mmol/l. Maybe coming down with an infection. Took more insulin and will monitor. Did two retests and verified original reading with back up meter.

Hope that results will be less scocking tomorrow morning, be well.

Reactions: 6 people

eddie1968

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Pasta, sorry to me it's vile, yeuch lol (and full of nasty carbs)
Thanks Pasha. Not spoke to you in ages. Yes I have a wound on my hand that is a bit septic, needs treated and is probably the cause of the high reading.

Reactions: 2 people

itchyfeet

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Good Morning all
6.8 for me on this bright sunny day , had a nice lay in as well :)

Reactions: 17 people

Clivethedrive

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Jogging
Thanks Pasha. Not spoke to you in ages. Yes I have a wound on my hand that is a bit septic, needs treated and is probably the cause of the high reading.
If its sunny...get some sun on it great at killing bacteria, get well soon edie

Reactions: 10 people

BooJewels

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
7.1 this morning. Was out of sorts food-wise yesterday with appointments out affecting the times I ate etc.

I've changed the site I inject and this seems to be working better for me, slightly lower readings when everything else is the same. Annual review yesterday and all the results were better than I was expecting - lipid profile was much improved. DN's eyebrows went up, she looked at me, back at the screen "I don't know what you're doing, but it's working". I'm really happy now that this regime will work for me, I was worried about the full fat aspect. Increased insulin by 2 units per dose and I hope this will be the last increase and I can start reducing again as I drop weight and improve fitness.

Reactions: 20 people

Hiitsme

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Back on track after 7s, 5.5 this morning after 5.4 yesterday and there was some self-indulgent cerebration after my HbA1c of 33/5.2 so wasn't optimistic about this morning's reading :)
Well done that's a great improvement to HbA1c. That's well out of the diabetic range.

Reactions: 8 people

Tim55

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Rap and hip - hop
Morning all

5.6 this morning.

Reactions: 23 people

vit90

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
7.3 :( this am, was 5.7 before bed and under 50g of carbs all day, last ate something at 7:30pm! However after havung two cups of herbal tea and my babybels for brekkie now at 5.6!!!! Either dehydrated or dawn dumping grrrrr.

If you are trying for ketosis you need to aim for 30g or less carbs and less than 85g protein. I wonder if you are close to these but not quite low enough the body is in limbo between ketosis mode and carb burning mode?

Reactions: 2 people

vit90

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only

Yup, have a boil on my finger which was inflamed earlier in the week. It's calmed down and is clearly healing now and my BG has noticeably improved by coincidence.

Gezzabelle

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Well done, are you feeling better today?
Much better today thank you :).....was really off the hooks yesterday...tummy ache and not much of an appetite but seems better so far today. I think my tummy doesn't always like what I eat now and is still getting used to the new regime....it howls like a wounded banshee at times (quite embarrassing when you're standing in a queue at the bank lol ) BG has improved after introducing new foods without any reaction which has boosted my confidence a lot too.....thanks to you for your encouraging words :)

Reactions: 6 people

Rog

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
If you are trying for ketosis you need to aim for 30g or less carbs and less than 85g protein. I wonder if you are close to these but not quite low enough the body is in limbo between ketosis mode and carb burning mode?
What roughly makes up 85g of protein Vit?

vit90

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Well done that's a great improvement to HbA1c. That's well out of the diabetic range.
Yes very pleased indeed considering no medication, just diet and exercise and now looking forward nervously to my lipid profile result next week. Hoping I will be the next in a long line of LCHFers to demonstrate improved cholesterol by being smart and choosing the right fats and eating much more of them instead of carbs.

Status
Not open for further replies.