Downton time

jay hay-char

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I much more enjoyed the real life adventures of the real owner - 6th Earl of Caernarvon who discovered the tomb of King Tutankhamen and was later apparently killed by the King's curse (but probably more prosaically in the form of an infected mosquito bite though...) I do quite enjoy some historical series and films though,

Have you read The Visitors by Sally Beauman? I think you might enjoy it.

Robbity

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Have you read The Visitors by Sally Beauman? I think you might enjoy it.
I'll go and ask Mr Amazon Kindle for a copy now! Thanks...

Done!

Robbity
PS As a young teenager I actually spent a year in Egypt with my soldier father and was lucky enough to see King Tut's death mask in Cairo museum, and again when he was on display in London. So to keep on topic that's probably good enough reason for me to prefer fact over Downton fiction.

Reactions: 4 people

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
Without giving anything away :rolleyes:
Next weeks quote ..." We are all on the same side" :)
I wonder how it will end .. Winter will never be the same again .. :(:bag: Lady k x

There a Christmas special to look forward to after the current series ends, but I've a feeling that it will come back at some point if only for a movie, we will have to wait and see :)

Reactions: 3 people
N

NicolaB70

You seem to have forgotten , just a light supper tonight ..
I have had lunch out with Lord Tom ..
The fire needs lighting in my room though , just going to relax for a while ..
I will take supper on a tray ..

In your own time :hilarious::wideyed::eek:
All ready for you Lady K. Fire is lit, well I flicked the switch on the heater, same thing and oh yeah while I remember, just turn on your iPad and there will be your roaring fire. Don't forget to turn heater off.
Your supper has been left on a tray as instructed. I hope the bag of nuts and bottle of water meet your satisfaction m'lady.
I will bid you goodnight

Reactions: 6 people
K

Kat100

There a Christmas special to look forward to after the current series ends, but I've a feeling that it will come back at some point if only for a movie, we will have to wait and see :)
Really , I love a Christmas day special you have made my day .. :bag:
Nigel , Lord noble .. Only for the series though :rolleyes::p:joyful:
A movie now there is a good idea , shall I tweet julian now .. A good friend :hilarious: I wish

K

Kat100

All ready for you Lady K. Fire is lit, well I flicked the switch on the heater, same thing and oh yeah while I remember, just turn on your iPad and there will be your roaring fire. Don't forget to turn heater off.
Your supper has been left on a tray as instructed. I hope the bag of nuts and bottle of water meet your satisfaction m'lady.
I will bid you goodnight
Well such a modern service @NicolaB70 ....
There seems to be a lot of instructions for me to follow ..
Flicking switches , opening my own bottle of water , whatever happened to the best crystal ...glass ...
And iPad rather than gramophone ....:singing::headphone:
A bag of nuts rather than sweet meats .....
Well I hope service improves it is only Monday after all .. :wideyed::playful::happy:

K

Kat100

I'll go and ask Mr Amazon Kindle for a copy now! Thanks...

Done!

Robbity
PS As a young teenager I actually spent a year in Egypt with my soldier father and was lucky enough to see King Tut's death mask in Cairo museum, and again when he was on display in London. So to keep on topic that's probably good enough reason for me to prefer fact over Downton fiction.
Going off topic , nooooo, always nice to have a chat , other topics always spring to mind ..what an interesting experience you had ..

N

NicolaB70

Well such a modern service @NicolaB70 ....
There seems to be a lot of instructions for me to follow ..
Flicking switches , opening my own bottle of water , whatever happened to the best crystal ...glass ...
And iPad rather than gramophone ....:singing::headphone:
A bag of nuts rather than sweet meats .....
Well I hope service improves it is only Monday after all .. :wideyed::playful::happy:
ah yeah your best crystal glass, well I'm still using that from the posh wine you left last night for us, I hid a bottle as it was so nice. Hic.
An iPad is more sophisticated than an old gramophone, just hit the shuffle and you can have continuous music without having to change the round thing you place on the gramophone. If you'd rather sweet meats I could leave you a bag of bacon frazzle crisps or pork scratching If you so wish.. Don't worry service should improve by the end of the week.

Reactions: 2 people
K

Kat100

ah yeah your best crystal glass, well I'm still using that from the posh wine you left last night for us, I hid a bottle as it was so nice. Hic.
An iPad is more sophisticated than an old gramophone, just hit the shuffle and you can have continuous music without having to change the round thing you place on the gramophone. If you'd rather sweet meats I could leave you a bag of bacon frazzle crisps or pork scratching If you so wish.. Don't worry service should improve by the end of the week.
So good to hear Nicola .. I must say for a ladies maid you are very well versed ... You may turn out to be a modern woman , such changes are happening .. Society today ..:wideyed:
I do rather like sophistication but a bit of good service as well .. I guess you did your best as cook as gone into town ..:watching:
I am so trying to grasp the concept of these news gadgets .. I mean the telly the telephone what ever next , in fact you did say in a hundred years I would not have to use a pen and ink .. And people everywhere will be able to read my own diary ..
Shudder .. Pass the sherry , ooooo Nooo you have Drunk it .. It was for the Christmas triffle .. But sometimes it's medicinal ...:happy:

poohtiggy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Getting old and diabetese
Same here, I watched some of the earlier shows ( nearly anything with Maggie Smith in it gets a thumbs up from me) but just couldn't get into it. Yet, I love Howard's End, Passage to India, Pride and Prejudice, Gosford park, Sense and sensibility and Little women :)
Wish they would do a re run of Passage to India, love love loved it

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
Wish they would do a re run of Passage to India, love love loved it

Ooohh you love A Passage to India too, it's what I call a haunting film in places especially in the caves, with wonderful actors and another E.M Forster classic, I love it :) upload_2015-9-21_21-13-1.jpeg
  1. A Passage to India
    1984 film
  2. Based on the renowned E.M. Forster novel, this expansive period drama centers on the changing dynamic between British colonials and native locals in India during the 1920s. When an outing to explore scenic caves ends in English tourist Adela Quested (Judy Davis) accusing Indian doctor Aziz Ahmed (Vi… More
  3. Initial release: December 14, 1984 (USA)

Reactions: 5 people
K

Kat100

Ooohh you love A Passage to India too, it's what I call a haunting film in places especially in the caves, with wonderful actors and another E.M Forster classic, I love it :) View attachment 15854
  1. A Passage to India
    1984 film
  2. Based on the renowned E.M. Forster novel, this expansive period drama centers on the changing dynamic between British colonials and native locals in India during the 1920s. When an outing to explore scenic caves ends in English tourist Adela Quested (Judy Davis) accusing Indian doctor Aziz Ahmed (Vi… More
  3. Initial release: December 14, 1984 (USA)
That's impressive Robs , I have only have a vague memory of this very good film , need to watch it again ..

K

Kat100

@NicolaB70
I keep ringing you ,because I am not yet versed with this new machine you call a mobile .. I preferred the bell ..
I do hope you succeed with your cooking .. The pie sounds nice .. Is it for a man ... :rolleyes:
Feel free to use the big kitchen :hilarious:

N

NicolaB70

Sorry Lady @Kat100, i had mine on mute for a bit of peace and quiet. All this running around after the gentry has worn me out and what with all the polishing of shoes, darning the clothes and you changing your clothes umpteen times a day, well, the poor old washer and drier has seemed to be constantly on today and I've still got to iron it all yet. I did manage to change your bedding today to a nice fresh duvet, just hope you don't complain as your used to sheets and blankets and your eiderdown . Pie is calling to be covered with pastry now, Would you like me to save you a slice of pie for your supper or something lighter?

C

chris lowe

Sorry Lady @Kat100, i had mine on mute for a bit of peace and quiet. All this running around after the gentry has worn me out and what with all the polishing of shoes, darning the clothes and you changing your clothes umpteen times a day, well, the poor old washer and drier has seemed to be constantly on today and I've still got to iron it all yet. I did manage to change your bedding today to a nice fresh duvet, just hope you don't complain as your used to sheets and blankets and your eiderdown . Pie is calling to be covered with pastry now, Would you like me to save you a slice of pie for your supper or something lighter?
Tut, didn't you black the grate and set the fire ready to light?

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
The times are a changin' at Downton, caught up last night :)

K

Kat100

The times are a changin' at Downton, caught up last night :)
Our titles may soon be going Lord Nigel... What will become of the abbey ...
We have a special guest arriving to day , guess I will have to go and let her in and welcome her myself .. It's grannie Lowe ..
Enjoy @noblehead , better tell cook to make the crumble :yuck: