Downton time

K

Kat100

@chris lowe ... Aka the grannie of Downton visits for the weekend ... She only comes for cooks crumble :woot:
image.jpeg

Reactions: 2 people
N

NicolaB70

Tut, didn't you black the grate and set the fire ready to light?
Sorry only just saw this
No there's no grate here to black, it's only ornamental. All mod cons here electric fires, radiators and an iPad on the mantle piece with a pace open with a roaring fire!

C

chris lowe

Sorry only just saw this
No there's no grate here to black, it's only ornamental. All mod cons here electric fires, radiators and an iPad on the mantle piece with a pace open with a roaring fire!
Things are really going downhill in this place never mind Downton !

Reactions: 3 people
K

Kat100

The last crumble was a bit too much topping not enough fruit so she'd better get it right this time or it's the boot for her
I will inform cook , grannie aka @chris lowe , thought you might find fault , but these days cook just has her head in the clouds ..:arghh:
So nice to see you grannie , do try not to make so much noise these days .. That old gramophone really has good acoustics , what on earth are you doing in your room , goodness it all goes on behind closed doors these days ..:wideyed:
Glad you bought your own maid !!!! :rolleyes: What's her name again :joyful:
Because Nicola seems to have a mind of her own these days .. Very dedicated though .. ;) The modern world changes us all

Reactions: 3 people
K

Kat100

Sorry only just saw this
A www that roaring fire , so nice on a chilly afternoon , just had to put my own rug over my knees though ..:rolleyes::rolleyes:
Well I thought the fire was roaring ,,now it's another of those modern gadgets .. Lol :eek:

N

NicolaB70

Loved it as always. I agree with Mrs Hughes about her wedding and where she wants the wedding and reception, I hope Carson backs down and grants her her wishes. I think Edith should come clean to Mary about Marigold being her daughter but can also see why she doesn't. Fingers crossed for Anna. The only character I've never taken to is Cora, I don't know why, maybe it's her voice, it bugs me for some reason. Roll on next week :)

K

Kat100

Loved it as always. I agree with Mrs Hughes about her wedding and where she wants the wedding and reception, I hope Carson backs down and grants her her wishes. I think Edith should come clean to Mary about Marigold being her daughter but can also see why she doesn't. Fingers crossed for Anna. The only character I've never taken to is Cora, I don't know why, maybe it's her voice, it bugs me for some reason. Roll on next week :)
Cora .. Well she is trouble ! but don't tell the others .. Not to be trusted at all ..
OOps yes the the kitchen maid.. Well Nicola :wideyed: we were just so short staffed yesterday :joyful: great of you to step into the role ...
You look very fine in your ladies maid attire .. Infact by the end of the series I fear that uniforms will go , we will all be the same , not that I mind , but some will find equality very difficult ..:bag::bag::bag:
Now back to my hair , think I would like it put up for tonight's dinner :D:hilarious::wideyed:

N

NicolaB70

Cora .. Well she is trouble ! but don't tell the others .. Not to be trusted at all ..
OOps yes the the kitchen maid.. Well Nicola :wideyed: we were just so short staffed yesterday :joyful: great of you to step into the role ...
You look very fine in your ladies maid attire .. Infact by the end of the series I fear that uniforms will go , we will all be the same , not that I mind , but some will find equality very difficult ..:bag::bag::bag:
Now back to my hair , think I would like it put up for tonight's dinner :D:hilarious::wideyed:
A bun, ponytail, bunches. I could try a chignon but you'll probably look like you've been dragged through the hedge backwards! Tonight's dinner is spaghetti bolognese with garlic bread followed by yesterday's crumble.
Cor, look at me, no bolshiness today ;)

K

Kat100

A bun, ponytail, bunches. I could try a chignon but you'll probably look like you've been dragged through the hedge backwards! Tonight's dinner is spaghetti bolognese with garlic bread followed by yesterday's crumble.
Cor, look at me, no bolshiness today ;)
lol , hedges backward , we are not in a jilly cooper novel ... :hilarious:
What on earth are we having for dinner .. Well I guess I will try it ..

I would like the silver service breakfast though .. :hungry: :arghh: :***:

N

NicolaB70

I've left your silver service breakfast on your dresser, you were purring like a good-un when I brought it up so I didn't wake you!!! Lol