To sleep, perchance to dream...?

Foxie

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi RRB,
I was in total shock the following day. It was if my sister was saying goodbye to me, but on the other hand I was thinking was it meant to me that should of died instead? As I was totally paralysed with the pins and needles through my body, and once I felt it reaching my throat I knew I had to wake up and I grasped for air on doing so.
In my dream I kept saying to her what are you doing here who are you with?
She said nothing just carried on walking on the other side of the embankment walking in the same direction as me.
I ended up sadly on depression tablets to help me through it all.
This was Christmas 2013.
I still have vivid dreams but not as sad and as bad as this one. ( I'm glad to say)
I did read on one of the forums here that metformin can cause vivid dreams and I can well believe it too.
Thank you Pam x

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
@Foxie Oh my goodness.
I'm not surprised you needed help through that.

I came on here to post the latest in my surreal tv celebrity present during frantic search for the car keys kind of dream - but compared with your dream, I'm not even going to bother.

Can I ask, looking back, are you left with a sense that it was good she had a chance to wave goodbye? I can imagine that might be something you had to hold onto during the worst of the grief.

Foxie

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi Brunneria,

When I was in my dream state waving goodbye to my sister on that long walk along the embankment, it was as vivid as I am sitting here in my lounge typing this.

Normally when you dream you are the one watching it as if you are watching a movie on a large screen, but my dream was that I was the actual person walking/waving. Everything was so lifelike.
Yes, in answer to your question I am at peace that she said goodbye to me, but I still can not understand in my head how something so vivid as my dream become so true.
I was heartbroken to hear the shattering news from my sisters neighbour the following day.
But saying that I am happy she took the time out to say her goodbyes to me before she went on her journey.

I haven't mentioned to anyone in my family about this experience.

I felt I needed to share this. It helps me to put closure to the experience I had.

Thank you for letting me take the time to share this, it's been inside me for too long now and it's been longing to come out.

Thank you.
Foxie x

Reactions: 4 people

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Bad one last night.

Log holiday cabin as a hideout
Hard mattress
Discovered by locals
Welcomed and invited home for tea
But it turns out they are aliens who experiment on humans
Unpleasant lab experiences in large spaceship

Woke up thinking that the X Files has a lot to answer for!

Reactions: 2 people

Foxie

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
It's amazing how life like dreams can be.

I had another one the other evening that we were in for a flood, and we all knew that it was on it's way.
Even felt the spray on my face :)

tim2000s

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
My sleep sounds reassuringly comfortable. I don't remember my last dream!

Foxie

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi Tim,

You must be one of the lucky ones. It's been known that if you're taking metformin you can have some vivid dreams. Some are good and some not so good. :)

tim2000s

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
Ah, as I'm not taking it, that might be why. Head hits the pillow and out like a light! One of the benefits of spending a lot of time at the gym I think.

douglas99

Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Other
I used to have real 'out of body experiences'
Good and bad really.

I always dreamt I could fly, (I'm normally scared of heights), but I used to leave through the window, and sore away, it was brilliant.
Flying around the night sky for hours.

The bad bit was I could never get back into my body again, as it always felt something had taken it over and was pushing me back out.

After a great struggle, and fighting for control of my body, and not being able to move, or wake up, I eventually won, and with the feeling of a presence leaving the room, I and woke up.

I knew I'd always win though, so I quite used to look forward to them.
Haven't had one for years though.
I found out years later it was probably sleep paralysis.

Kind of miss it really.

zand

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I used to have real 'out of body experiences'
Good and bad really.

I always dreamt I could fly, (I'm normally scared of heights), but I used to leave through the window, and sore away, it was brilliant.
Flying around the night sky for hours.

The bad bit was I could never get back into my body again, as it always felt something had taken it over and was pushing me back out.

After a great struggle, and fighting for control of my body, and not being able to move, or wake up, I eventually won, and with the feeling of a presence leaving the room, I and woke up.

I knew I'd always win though, so I quite used to look forward to them.
Haven't had one for years though.
I found out years later it was probably sleep paralysis.

Kind of miss it really.
Really sleep paralysis ....what's that? I've had similar experiences of flying too and I miss them as well. It was brilliant flying around for hours, I could always get back into my body OK though. Mine was caused by trauma.

douglas99

Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Last edited by a moderator:

munday1932

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
cold weather.People who criticize my town but don't help to make it better.Please can I go back to me user name which is Kentish maid
my best friend was in hospital having a valve replacement,i had a dream that I visited her but there was a swan laying in front of the doorway the sister said it;alright that is her guardian I was pleased to see my friend looking so well,the dream was so vivid I went to the library and looked in a dream book to see what it ment it was a death dream and she had died.

bookmite

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
A dream that has stayed with me for over 15 years, was when I was in intensive care following major surgery.

My dad and best friend came to visit me, I remember so vividly what my dad was wearing, he told me I would be fine now, and said I had to put £2 in the box for him, then left. My bezzy mate was wearing a bright red V neck jumper, and stayed to chat about what was happening at a club we both belong.

Fact..my dad had passed away 7 years previous to my op. My mate didn't come to visit me until I was back on the ward, and yes when he visited he was wearing a bright red V neck jumper. I thanked him for his previous visit and he denied ever visiting me.

Freaky....and what's more I can never walk past a charity box even now without dropping a couple of quid in...I bet he's laughing his head off up there :) he's cost me a fortune the old ****** :)

As for these days...a good nights sleep elude me...4 hours at the very max, and often less.

K

Kat100

Do people dream in colour or black and White ?

I always have vivid dreams in colour ..colour dreams are said to be the most pyhsic of dreams ...many of my dreams have come true ...
I always hear myself talking and laughing in my dreams ...so does my husband .... :eek:

Reactions: 3 people

douglas99

Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Other

I always have vivid dreams in colour ..colour dreams are said to be the most pyhsic of dreams ...many of my dreams have come true ...
I always hear myself talking and laughing in my dreams ...so does my husband .... :eek:

I dream in colour, with surround sound.
I don't think I've ever had a black and white dream I remember.

K

Kat100

Hi Tim,

You must be one of the lucky ones. It's been known that if you're taking metformin you can have some vivid dreams. Some are good and some not so good. :)
hi foxie so sorry to hear your sad news ...it is amazing what we are in tune with when we are asleep , I was touched by your dream ...
And yes the Metformin causes more vivid dreams I believe ...
Take care ..kat

Alanp35

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Cricket, golf

Always in full glorious technicolor and I, too, talk in my dreams. I actually take part in whatever i am dreaming, little wonder I wake up knackered.