Type 2's: What was your fasting blood glucose in a morning?

Status
Not open for further replies.

cold ethyl

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Hope it soon resolves. Drink plenty and don't go mad. You might be brewing something xx

Reactions: 3 people

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi @alliebee

sorry to hear about your unexpected blip.

The only comparison I have was when I had the-night-of-the-fox-fight in the front garden, and I was out there breaking up the fight at 3am
poss the worst night of sleep EVER and so fight-flight that I didn't sleep a wink after. I think it was being woken up by the screaming and hitting the ground running that did it. I had a shockingly high fasting bg after that.

Anyway - long way of saying that stress/pain/sleep deprivation has astonishing effects on BG.

Also, can anyone remember when @MrsB broke her leg and was hospitalised with terribly high bg and ketoacidosis, with pain a huge contributor? shes a type 1.

So hopefully, allie, when you get to chill, and the pain eases, and you catch up on sleep, things will just go back to normal.

wishing you the best.

Last edited by a moderator:

alliebee

Thankyou so much. You are right it was a bad night...hoping things settle now. I really didn't fancy the insulin. But dr said it would help to stop the rise and maybe stabilise things. So I'll just monitor it all today..your post is very reassuring thankyou x

AndBreathe

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
@alliebee - have you set yourself a testing programme for the rest of the day, to ensure you don't drop quickly?

Reactions: 6 people

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Thankyou so much. You are right it was a bad night...hoping things settle now. I really didn't fancy the insulin. But dr said it would help to stop the rise and maybe stabilise things. So I'll just monitor it all today..your post is very reassuring thankyou x

just ahd a thought - you are going to be at a higher risk of hypos than usual after that shot... could you have something to eat that won't affect your bg, but will release slowly, to avoid that hypo? something like bacon and eggs?

I know that when my fasting is too high, the best solution is a protein breakfast, and my bg settles down quickly after that.

AndBreathe

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
just ahd a thought - you are going to be at a higher risk of hypos than usual after that shot... could you have something to eat that won't affect your bg, but will release slowly, to avoid that hypo? something like bacon and eggs?

I know that when my fasting is too high, the best solution is a protein breakfast, and my bg settles down quickly after that.

Oh gawd,................. We're not sharing a brain again, are we? ;)

alliebee

You are so right. I've had scrambled eggs with some cream and mushrooms. I'm being very careful

Reactions: 4 people

emptyplate

Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Other
@AndBreath & @Brunneria

You're not alone - I'm concerned @alliebee is at increased risk of a hypo after the insulin.

Great minds think alike ...
... fools seldom differ. ;P

Glad to see @alliebee is on top of things - stay on the ball there! :)

Reactions: 2 people

AndBreathe

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
@AndBreath & @Brunneria

You're not alone - I'm concerned @alliebee is at increased risk of a hypo after the insulin.

OK. Enough already. A three-way split on the brains not leaving much for me to function with!!

;)

@Brunneria - I always put those little voices down to my invisible friends........

Reactions: 5 people

alliebee

@AndBreath & @Brunneria

Lol. I'm touched by the concern. I've got jelly babies and honey at the ready upstairs and down next to 2 meters. Have my neighbour at home if I'm struggling. But I think I've gauged the dosage as far as I can to the right amount. The drop is nice and steady and I've had a good if late breakfast. I'm drinking lots too...I feel fine...not sickening for anything. It most likely is what @ Brunnaria said. A bad night with pain. And a blip...will keep you all posted. I'm at 6.7 right now and testing every 15 mins

Reactions: 10 people

alliebee

Oooh I've become a legend?? Where did that come from lol. On my profile. Is that a polite way of saying I post too much :)

Reactions: 2 people
Status
Not open for further replies.