2016/17 Football Season

zand

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Gutted, I'm so down, I can't post!
I'm genuinely sorry and feel for you. (((HUGS)))

I really don't like the play-offs. Never have. If two teams are to be promoted then I would prefer it to be the top two, this would be straightforward and fair. It's lovely having a day out at Wembley with all the build up, but it's dreadful when your team goes home empty handed, after all the hype and expectation. Not even a runner up medal for the squad like in the Cup Finals. Nothing. I don't like the fact that both this season and last season the winner of the National League play-off final had as many as 9 points less than the loser. To my mind, if it's about league promotion then it should be about league performance. But then that's just me and the world just doesn't make sense to me sometimes.

I am glad FGR are finally up, but am gutted that it is at the expense of Tranmere. Sorry @Lamont D :sorry:

Cumberland

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Foodwise Nuts & Mushrooms (Vomit)

I really don't like the play-offs. Never have. If two teams are to be promoted then I would prefer it to be the top two, this would be straightforward and fair. It's lovely having a day out at Wembley with all the build up, but it's dreadful when your team goes home empty handed, after all the hype and expectation. Not even a runner up medal for the squad like in the Cup Finals. Nothing. I don't like the fact that both this season and last season the winner of the National League play-off final had as many as 9 points less than the loser. To my mind, if it's about league promotion then it should be about league performance. But then that's just me and the world just doesn't make sense to me sometimes.

I am glad FGR are finally up, but am gutted that it is at the expense of Tranmere. Sorry @Lamont D :sorry:

Credit to you for a very good post

Lamont D

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes

After seventeen years from our last appearance at Wemberley, and losing again, only won once when I was there, we keep getting the wrong end. All credit to FGR for their performance, did deserve the win but I still can't accept the fact that we are stuck in this very poor league, with the resources and fanatical support we have.
We will come back bigger and better.
The determination was there to see.
Fantastic turnout from the superwhites army!

I will right a blog about my weekend down that there Wemberley!
As soon as I get time!
Big weekend at Prenton Park with concerts on all weekend!
Madness and little minx to name a couple, so it could be next week!
Hope hudders and Carlisle can get through their respective games.

Best wishes

I'm still in mourning!

zand

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
All credit to FGR for their performance, did deserve the win but I still can't accept the fact that we are stuck in this very poor league, with the resources and fanatical support we have.
We will come back bigger and better.
The determination was there to see.
Fantastic turnout from the superwhites army!

Yes FGR deserved the win, on the day, but Tranmere deserved the promotion. :( Like I said I hate the concept of the play-offs. :(Yep you will come back bigger and better. :)

johnboy412000

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Arrogant and ignorant people.
Reading won through to Wembley last night. Its our turn tonight to try and conquer Sheff Weds. :):watching:

Reactions: Cumberland

jay hay-char

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Man U at St Mary's tonight, then Stoke, also at home, to finish the season. I'd like to see at least 4 points out of those two, but am not holding my breath. We're currently ahead of Bournemouth and West Brom, but only on goal difference although we do have a game in hand (tonight's fixture should have taken place several weeks ago). Everton, one place above us in the Prem, are 16 points ahead, so 8th is the best that we will get. The gap kind of underlines the fact that there are Chelski, Spurs, Citeh, Liverpool, Arsenal, Man U, Everton ..... and then there's the rest of us, trailing behind.

There's been talk of a European Super-league in the past; this does rather demonstrate why it might come to pass, some time.

Massive congratulations to FGR, but equally massive commiserations to Tranmere. Not a happy or fair way to miss out on promotion, though it does add new things into the mix.

Cumberland

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Your team deserved it Johnboy well done
Now just make sure you beat those southern softies

johnboy412000

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Your team deserved it Johnboy well done
Now just make sure you beat those southern softies

Cheers mate. I'm still in shock I don't mind telling you. When the Owls scored I'd almost given up on us. That goal of ours was well came from nowhere. Its going to be a good day for our fans on I think Monday 29th May. :cool::singing::D

Its Carlisle's turn tonight come on lads you can do it and join us at Wembley next weekend. :)
Bradford play on Saturday for a place in the Championship. :)

zand

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
@johnboy412000 As an Arsenal fan I really hope you get promoted, OK albeit for a silly reason, but I mean it all the same. We have never been to Huddersfield for footie and now that some of our trips to the NE have been taken away for next season, a trip somewhere different would be good. :) Good luck. :)

Cumberland

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Cheers mate. I'm still in shock I don't mind telling you. When the Owls scored I'd almost given up on us. That goal of ours was well came from nowhere. Its going to be a good day for our fans on I think Monday 29th May. :cool::singing::D

Its Carlisle's turn tonight come on lads you can do it and join us at Wembley next weekend. :)

I'll be watching on telly tonight

Fingernails will be bitten to the bone

Cumberland

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes

I'll be watching on telly tonight

Fingernails will be bitten to the bone

johnboy412000

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
@johnboy412000 As an Arsenal fan I really hope you get promoted, OK albeit for a silly reason, but I mean it all the same. We have never been to Huddersfield for footie and now that some of our trips to the NE have been taken away for next season, a trip somewhere different would be good. :) Good luck. :)

Thank you that's very kind of you :)

Lamont D

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Watched hudders win last night, gonna watch the cumbrians batter the grecians tonight! Wouldn't it be weird if all clubs visited Wemberley this season?
Sorry Jay!
Blog is wrote and please don't slap me down!

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
No complaints
Well done Exeter

Carlisle did so well to level it at 2-2, the winning goal in the 95th minute was cruel. Equally cruel was the own goal by Luton to send Blackpool on their way to the final.

johnboy412000

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Commiserations Carlisle :( You did so well and can be proud that you got to the play offs and had a go.
Looks like its down to us the only one of our teams left in the play offs unless you count Bradford whom I'm getting behind tomorrow. I want em to beat Millwall and come up to the Championship.