ACR 4mg/mmol - should I be medicating?

Sued24

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
So, I was diagnosed type 2 on November 28, HbA1C was 52, 51 a week later, my cholesterol is high at 6.6, but I immediately went on a low carb diet, and so far have lost 10lbs, having fallen off the wagon a bit over Xmas and New Year.
However, my ACR has come back at 4mg/mmol, and my GP surgery want to put me on medication.
The notes I have on the test results are saying this is only a moderate increase and the test should be repeated.
Anyone else on tablets with an ACR of 4?

KennyA

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi - I'm assuming that ACR is albumin to creatinine ratio. I have no experience of this myself, but I'm sure there will be others who have.

Attaching a link to the relevant NHS page:

ajbod

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I assume you mean Albumin Creatinine ratio, Mine has just come back at 6.8, and they now want me on Dapagliflozin, to help protect the kidneys. My Hba1c is actually in non diabetic numbers.
My results sheet show women should be less than 3.5, men less than 2.5.

• Hug
Reactions: saky

hannahbjm

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
No sorry although i think best to repeat before you go on medication as then 2 results will give a more accurate picture

Hopeful34

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I've always had a normal ACR apart from once when it was high, repeat test was normal, so hopefully yours will be too.