Best Ketosis Meter

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Just to check (still about to order) did you get a lancing device and lancet in the kit?
The website is not clear at first look as to what is included.

Also, do you need their lancets?
I already have my lancets and finger prick device with my current meter.
I use my SD Codefree finger pricker as the Caresens one is very light on the trigger so I ended up setting it off before it got anywhere near my finger. Also it seemed to hurt more. But yes one did come with the Caresens meter.
I already had 300 lancets from when first diagnosed and as I use about 1 per month then I think I have enough for life!

Reactions: LittleGreyCat

LittleGreyCat

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Diet drinks - the artificial sweeteners taste vile.
Having to forswear foods I have loved all my life.
Trying to find low carb meals when eating out.
Looking at the software on phone or PC it seems to only record the BG figures, not the ketones.

Has anyone got the software running and can confirm/deny?

Oldvatr

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Looking at the software on phone or PC it seems to only record the BG figures, not the ketones.

Has anyone got the software running and can confirm/deny?
If you are talking Smart Log then No, it is not so smart. can record and display bgl, exercise, carbohydrate intake, and insulin doses. along with times. Ring Customer Care for advice. May be able to manually annotate readings with a note but not sure how sw will display readings. Hopefully it will ignore ketone readings, otherwise this will put the averges out.

LittleGreyCat

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Diet drinks - the artificial sweeteners taste vile.
Having to forswear foods I have loved all my life.
Trying to find low carb meals when eating out.
If you are talking Smart Log then No, it is not so smart. can record and display bgl, exercise, carbohydrate intake, and insulin doses. along with times. Ring Customer Care for advice. May be able to manually annotate readings with a note but not sure how sw will display readings. Hopefully it will ignore ketone readings, otherwise this will put the averges out.
Thanks.
As I'm only planning to use it for ketones I won't bother with the software.