Blood Sugar in High 20's and GP not helping, please advise

Muggle71

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Not really, i feel like I have this horrible lump feeling in my throat, keep sipping on water but it isn't helping :(

Muggle71

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I think it's just tension, hopefully i will feel better in the morning

Muggle71

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Thanks. Going to put the little fella to bed now. Hope I get to speak to you tomorrow. Thanks for being there for me today, it means a lot xx

Reactions: 2 people

Janiept

Expert
Muggle, please don't feel we are nagging you or 'on your case', but we do care and are worried about you. I so wish, like Scottie, that there was something I could do to help. This is probably a daft suggestion, but if you want to really vent and get stuff off your chest please feel free to Pm me. Even if it is 'just tension', it's affecting you physically as demonstrated by the lump in your throat and your lack of appetite which isn't a good thing is it. Please look after yourself, you matter and we care x

Reactions: 5 people

scottie1

Muggle, please don't feel we are nagging you or 'on your case', but we do care and are worried about you. I so wish, like Scottie, that there was something I could do to help. This is probably a daft suggestion, but if you want to really vent and get stuff off your chest please feel free to Pm me. Even if it is 'just tension', it's affecting you physically as demonstrated by the lump in your throat and your lack of appetite which isn't a good thing is it. Please look after yourself, you matter and we care x

Janie said it much better than I can. (((Hugs))))

scottie1

Steak, salad & mayo. Fed up that it's not coming down, how long does it normally take? I know it's a big reduction since I started but I had hoped to see better results by now.

Janiept

Expert
I'm no expert but that seems like a very good meal with very little carb apart from possibly some in the mayo and some of the salad? I don't actually know what the usual time is for reductions to show, but yours are coming down aren't they so maybe it will take a bit longer for larger results to appear. It's horrible when you're being so disciplined with yourself not to see immediate results isn't it, but you're doing so well and hopefully will soon see lower readings. x

Reactions: 2 people

millysue

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Diet only
Steak, salad & mayo. Fed up that it's not coming down, how long does it normally take? I know it's a big reduction since I started but I had hoped to see better results by now.

Don't get despondent Scottie, it is going in the right direction.

scottie1

Thanks Janie, I am trying so hard and like you say, it's horrible not to see huge reductions in my BG. I suppose it will reduce some more but might take some time. I have to remember the state I was in when I first posted, I was really ill and now I am not so something is working and my BG has gone down over 10.0, so I really shouldn't complain.