Blood Sugar in High 20's and GP not helping, please advise

Muggle71

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi Muggle,
Yes we will keep one another company. My husband is at home with me, but, I don't feel he is helping me at all. Sunday morning he went out with a friend, then he popped into Asda and bought 2 bags of donuts, he did offer me one. Yes I know I don't have to eat them, but if they weren't in the house it would be easyer.
When temptation is shoved right under your nose it makes resisting and being "good" all the harder. As im the only adult in my house that buys groceries, ive just cut out buying the junk i used to, apart from crisps for the kids. No biscuits, sweets, chocolate, cakes etc so I do have that advantage. I know I wouldn't sit and drink infront of a recovering alcoholic, and I think we deserve the same courtesy! :)

Reactions: 3 people

millysue

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Diet only
I will be with the children tonight, my daughter does her reading and I will try to get her to do practice her spellings, though I am sure she will carry on. My mum is coming tonight for a little bit as it's her birthday today. My mouth will be numb as dental appointment is at 3.40pm so wouldn't imagine I would be doing much eating.

BG before lunch was 21.2, so hoping it will come down at 3pm. Had some Ryvitas with a slice of ham and have made some sugar free jelly.

Good luck with dentist,

Reactions: 2 people

scottie1

You've come so far from when I read your first ever post. I hope I can muster just a fraction of your determination and dedication. You truly are inspirational! :)

I really don't think I am Muggle, but thank you anyway. You can do it and I will always be here for you.

Muggle71

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Trust me you are, and im not the only person on here who thinks so, we can't both Be wrong! If it wasn't for reading your posts i probably wouldn't have even stayed on here! ;)

scottie1

Scottie, would just like you to know that although you may feel you are struggling, your actually being really inspiring. I don't fully low carb as I have been lucky and managed to get away with just reduced card. Although I have even fallen of that wagon recently and have been going though a stuff it phase and have been eating pretty much what I want. BUT after reading your post today instead of getting the bread out of the freezer at work to make toast and pate for lunch (this has been my staple for a good few weeks now) I went to the shop and brought, carrott, cucumber and pepper to eat with humus. so much better for me. So thank you, for putting me back on track :)

Thank you Lyn, if I can help just one person then I know I am doing something right.

Well done you on not eating the bread, I must admit that I do miss it and would love some brown bread, even with just butter.

scottie1

Have you a friend who could go with you. I have just been told I need to go over to insulin, as my readings are nearly as high as yours/

I don't need to go to the hospital now, if I did hubby would come with me but thank you for your concern. Are your readings as high as mine when I first posted or what they are now? I dread the thought of going on insulin so am tring my best not to get there. How do you feel about it? Do you think you will be able to manage?

scottie1

Good luck with dentist,

Thank you Milly.

I don't suppose it's helpful at all that you don't feel supported. Have you tried to talk to your husband about how you feel? He really needs to understand. My hubby had porridge this morning and when I could smell it, I just thought, Oo, I could just eat some of that, but resisted. I know if I were to ask him, he wouldn't eat it in front of me. How long have you being LCHF, do you think maybe that it's just a matter of time before he will help? I do hope so. If not, you have us :)

Lynmi

Type of diabetes
Type 1.5
Treatment type
Insulin
I also found a naughty carb free snack - The real pork cracking co. park scratchings per 100g 0.1g Carbs 0.1 gram Sugar and they was lovely

scottie1

Bloods are high today, 19.4 post 2 hours food. Will have to try harder. Just having an omelette for tea so that should help,.

1020 calories left and 39g carbs.

scottie1

I also found a naughty carb free snack - The real pork cracking co. park scratchings per 100g 0.1g Carbs 0.1 gram Sugar and they was lovely

What do they taste like? I have seen them mentioned a few times. Are they really salty as I tend to find things that are salty make me drink too much.

Lynmi

Type of diabetes
Type 1.5
Treatment type
Insulin
What do they taste like? I have seen them mentioned a few times. Are they really salty as I tend to find things that are salty make me drink too much.

They are salty, but really tasty and they do taste reasonably like the cracking you would get from roast pork

millysue

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Diet only
Thank you Milly.

I don't suppose it's helpful at all that you don't feel supported. Have you tried to talk to your husband about how you feel? He really needs to understand. My hubby had porridge this morning and when I could smell it, I just thought, Oo, I could just eat some of that, but resisted. I know if I were to ask him, he wouldn't eat it in front of me. How long have you being LCHF, do you think maybe that it's just a matter of time before he will help? I do hope so. If not, you have us :)

I started arround 2nd Feb. I didn't cut bread out straight away, I went on a seeded bread.
Husband, his attitude is, you don't have to eat them.

About 18 months ago, I thought I had developed a peanut allergy. Was having bad reactions, doctor said it could be worse each time, and that if my throat felt sore I should phone 999.

I had to go to Salford hospital for tests. It wasn't peanuts. I love peanuts, so that was good.
Blood test as doctor thought I had lupus.
The next test was one of the antibiotics, all clear.
A month later the other antibiotic, after being given only 15mm The reaction started, big red burning patches, the nurse was amazed how quickly it was coming up. I was given steroids and antihistamines.
Husband had not taken it seriously until he heared the doctor on the phone saying, standby we may have an emergency on our hands. I only had to stay a few hours then was ok to go home. The burning lasted for about four days, it took weeks for the marks to go.

Husband thinks of others more than me.

Reactions: 3 people

Muggle71

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I started arround 2nd Feb. I didn't cut bread out straight away, I went on a seeded bread.
Husband, his attitude is, you don't have to eat them.

About 18 months ago, I thought I had developed a peanut allergy. Was having bad reactions, doctor said it could be worse each time, and that if my throat felt sore I should phone 999.

I had to go to Salford hospital for tests. It wasn't peanuts. I love peanuts, so that was good.
Blood test as doctor thought I had lupus.
The next test was one of the antibiotics, all clear.
A month later the other antibiotic, after being given only 15mm The reaction started, big red burning patches, the nurse was amazed how quickly it was coming up. I was given steroids and antihistamines.
Husband had not taken it seriously until he heared the doctor on the phone saying, standby we may have an emergency on our hands. I only had to stay a few hours then was ok to go home. The burning lasted for about four days, it took weeks for the marks to go.

Husband thinks of others more than me.
Isn't it horrible being/feeling second best? My ex had so many affairs, drank every day, smoked cannabis and really couldn't give a hoot about me and his kids. Im happier on my own but the loneliness is crippling at times. After all ive been through I could never trust another man though. I really feel for you millysue, you will have to put yourself first if hubby won't!

scottie1

I'm so sorry that you both have been through so much. I wish I could change that, with all my heart.

I have no words, speechless for once! Sending love and hugs to both of you xx