BS readings

alliebee

Excellent numbers. Better than me
Before lunch 6.1.
After 7.7. I made a bit of a mistake with my sausages. I had them in the freezer and by my readings they obviously had a bit too much carb filler

Reactions: 2 people

alliebee

So chuffed tonight. I just took my pre supper reading and its. 4.2. Lowest ever reading. God all the hard work is worth it. I also did 20 mins in front of the telly on my excersise bike...I can't do much as I have ms and it affects my balance. What a difference to the person I was 10 weeks ago :)

Reactions: 11 people

alliebee

Thankyou both. I think with the weight loss my insulin resistance has improved. I've noticed after meals my levels drop really quickly now. They used to take about 4 hours to properly drop...

Reactions: 4 people

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Thankyou both. I think with the weight loss my insulin resistance has improved. I've noticed after meals my levels drop really quickly now. They used to take about 4 hours to properly drop...

I noticed the same with mine. My peaks are now all at 1 hour. By 2 hours they have dropped nicely. Same food.

alliebee

Yes that's it exactly Bluetit. Thankyou. God it feels so good. I'm just so happy. Thankyou so very much for all the fantastic advice and support :)

ally1

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
liver
pre tea 6 post 8
the 8 i was surprised at as i only ate a small amount of mince thou i did eat lots of cauli, brocolli and cabbage

alliebee

Its the hidden carbs Ally in the tin of mince. If you look at the label you will see. They put thickeners and a load of sugar in..you don't think so because its savoury. But honestly its high carb and not good that's why even with a little it sent you high. The veggies are all great though. If I were you id cook mince fresh and not touch tins

alliebee

I've just had a look at sainsbury:s tinned savoury mince amd onions online. Its got 18g of carbs in and that's just half the tin!! Wow. Even I was shocked

kimbo1962

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Morning Ally. Back well on track now! I've got a small roast chicken today. It will easily last me 3 days meals and then I have the lovely stock to make from the carcass for chicken and leek soup :)
I did the very same last week alliebee- chicken and leek soup! Was fab! Roast chicken tomorrow so soup in the slow cooker again Tuesday !!

alliebee

Oh I bet that's lovely done in the slow cooker. And the house will smell lovely while is cooking. I adore leeks. Love chicken and leek soup. Got to be my favourite

kimbo1962

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
It does, I put the carcass in with a couple of Knorr stock cubes, lots of Leeks, lots of black pepper and a splash of Worcestershire sauce, had two bowls that day and then took the snazzy container I got from poundland (designed for protein shakes!) to work the next two days, totally yummy!!

Kezzer4321

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Well done Ally,

You are all so good with your cooking - I wish I could cook :( - I find cooking so stressful... especially now I cant have my M&S ready meals :(

alliebee

Some of them are ok Kezza. Just look on the back for carbs. There are quite a few that are ok. M and S meals are great. I love their veggie pot with layers of veg and butter. Pop in microwave. And done.