Can't understand numbers

sally and james

Type of diabetes
Family member
Treatment type
Diet only
Sometimes I'm on 8 when start meal so if I have a meal and it is over 8.5 does that mean meal no good or can it go up to 9.5
To our way of thinking STARTING at 8 is not a good thing. You should have a think about what you ate earlier on and why this hasn't been dealt with by your body. Going up to 8.5, after a meal, which started at 8, shows that that meal was fine.
Sally

terrier

Type of diabetes
Type 2
To our way of thinking STARTING at 8 is not a good thing. You should have a think about what you ate earlier on and why this hasn't been dealt with by your body. Going up to 8.5, after a meal, which started at 8, shows that that meal was fine.
Sally
Yes I know but I'm obese and trying to lose weight and numbers are lower but when I start at 8 as long as it doesn't ho over 2 mmol that's what I'm sticking with as well as trying to get it lower It is morning usually when on 8 and haven't had anything somebody said whole meal nimble bread is good

terrier

Type of diabetes
Type 2
I also wanted to know I have had two new meters which have been checked but sometimes had crazy numbers how do you know meters are accurate

terrier

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Can anyone suggest a good low carb breakfast other than eggs and lunch and tea other than salad I don't eat meat except for bacon now and then and also on low fat as trying to lose weight I can't just live on salad and eggs

andcol

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Sometimes I'm on 8 when start meal so if I have a meal and it is over 8.5 does that mean meal no good or can it go up to 9.5
You can eat what you like and go to whatever level you feel comfortable. There are recommended guidelines which you have been given so the decisions and choices are yours from this point on.

Can anyone suggest a good low carb breakfast other than eggs and lunch and tea other than salad I don't eat meat except for bacon now and then and also on low fat as trying to lose weight I can't just live on salad and eggs
Nothing wrong with salad and eggs. Nutritional and you would lose weight unless you ate lots and you would find you would stay in the guidelines even starting at an 8. Remember you can have then scrambled, poached, boiled, fried, as an omelette (with or without bacon), as pancakes made with almond flour... Off you go and I bet in a week you have a starting value of less than 7. Give it a try and come back and report.

Reactions: 2 people

Dizz

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)

sally and james

Type of diabetes
Family member
Treatment type
Diet only
somebody said whole meal nimble bread is good
"Somebody" was wrong. As a general rule, bread is not good, though there are some which are described as low-carb.
how do you know meters are accurate
You don't, you just assume that they are broadly accurate most of the time.
Can anyone suggest a good low carb breakfast other than eggs
Fried mushrooms, bacon and a tomato, plain full fat Greek yoghurt and a few berries, cheese and salami.
Sally

Reactions: 2 people

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
As has been said earlier, you can have anything you like. The consequences are your responsibility entirely, and your meter(s) will give you the answer..

Reactions: 5 people

terrier

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Thanks Sally I will try bread and see by meter any suggestions for good low carb crackers

DeejayR

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Can you have pancakes made with almond flour for breakfast
Yes you can, provided the other ingredients are ok (almond milk or cream instead of cow's milk, for instance) Gram flour (chickpea) is also good for pancakey things and wraps I think.
If you have pancakes for breakfast add some ham, cream cheese and basil. Make them interesting.
Can get expensive though!

Daphne917

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Thanks Sally I will try bread and see by meter any suggestions for good low carb crackers
Hi @terrier not ness a cracker but if you like crackerbread Ryvita make a crackerbread which has 3.5g carbs each. I often have them as a snack spread with peanut butter or Philadelphia cheese. They do plain or cheesy ones.

sally and james

Type of diabetes
Family member
Treatment type
Diet only
My number thus morning was 7 dropped to 6 after eating eggs does that mean they are ok
Now, come on @terrier what do you think? We are all looking for lower numbers and a lower number is what you got.
Does anybody know if cracker bread is ok
Off hand, no, but if you go to your favourite grocer's web site, all the crackers will be listed there, along with their nutrition content. As with all things, ultimately it's about how much of it you eat and what your meter says.
Sally

Reactions: 5 people