Diabetic in denial

Tng1971

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Every small change you make will take you in the right direction. I was in a similar place to you and had a very big scare. My addiction was coke..... Would have 4 or 5 cans per week. I swapped that out with fizzy water. After a couple of weeks I revisited coke zero as a substitute and found it now tasted different. Still not coke but drinkable. I then tried other sugar swaps to find they were ok.

Hope you can work out what 1 single change you can make that will kick start you and give you the confidence and will power to make more positive changes

Reactions: 2 people

beatdise

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Gym workouts
Hello everyone,I don't think this is going to go down well here but I have to be honest. I have had type 2 diabetes for 4--5 yrs now and have never taken it seriously, I have a huge Addiction to sugar that I feel totally powerless over. I take metformin 500mg twice a day but apart from that I am basically in denial. my diet is rubbish and to be honest i dont even know what is good for me to eat. this is the last place i want to be saying this to people who probably struggle daily with this illness but i know i need to get real and i just dont know how to do it. i dont know what my Hba1c is but i will find out on wed when i go for my annual check. i know everytime i eat sugary things im just killing myself slowly but i cant seem to stop, i really need help. i thought for a long time i could eat all the sweet things and the tablets would take care of it but thats not the way they work apparently. i would really appreciate any advice,replies or reprimands. thank you in advance.
Welcome - REMGEM I know we are all different...but...I used to have marmalade, honey, or jam on toast, wheetabix with frosties crushed over them...danish pastries etc for breakfast.....a twix or kitkat or a cake with morning tea....a flapjack or similar with my lunches...a doughnut/twix/or iced danish or yum yums afternoon tea....along with office sweets and treats...you name it I could and would consume it....as soon as I was diagnosed I switched...didnt want to live a **** dependent sick life with all the horrible complications...I am now feeling 20 again..have the occassional treat...acquired a taste for one square of 70% coco dark chocolate...take on day a time and try to get control..."To succeed we must first believe that we can" My best wishes and support in your adventure...If I can anyone can :)

Reactions: 2 people