Essential info for choosing a pump

CheeseSeaker

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
People arguing over silly stuff
This is the list of gadgets currently on offer from the NHS approved list (this changes quite a bit over time).

https://abcd.care/dtn/virtual-showroom

I was told in March the Medtrum and Roche weren't available and the Dana-i might come on the list September 2022 by my pump renewal team at Derby.

Hopeful34

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Some clinics only offer 1 pump, whilst others offer more @CheeseSeaker. Roche stopped production of their tubed pumps last year, and won't be restarting. Anyone looking to get a pump needs to check with their own clinic which pumps their area offers.

Reactions: dioscuri

glenmoray

I've been busy trawling through the mass of NHS sites to find some clear info on what pumps are available. I know this question has been asked, and answered before, but I wanted to see some definitive info.

On my travels I came across the Centre for Evidence-based Purchasing (CEP), which is the department of the NHS which publishes recommendations on the use of medical devices. They have produced 'buyers guides' for a number of devices, including insulin pumps.

The guide covers all the aspects of choosing a pump, and also includes ratings based on the opinions of diabetics using the devices. I have provided a direct link to the guide as I feel it would be invaluable to anyone deciding on what they need from a pump.

This is publicly available information, so I hope that there is no issue with posting it here.

http://www.pasa.nhs.uk/pasa/Doc.aspx?Pa ... P08004.pdf
Hi my Diabetic Consultant put in for a NICE forms so I could have a Diabetic Pump and Glucose Sensor. The one I decided on was the Medtronic 780G And The Medtronic Guardian 4 Sensor. Since Getting the devices my H1BC fell from 79 down to the latest one of 54. My Diabetic control went down to between 6.5 mmol to 8 mmol now. You have to order through your Hospital a 3 Months Supply of Giving Sets, Tranducers and battery’s which is so easy to do now. My pump is around half the size of a mobile phone and.around 25mm thick . I just simply clip mine too my clothes. You do have to recharge your sensor usually once a week with a supplied charger mine uses AAA battery’s, My Pumps giving set has to be changed every 3 days which is way better than the 8 injections I use to have a day. My Medtronic pump runs with a AA battery the power with one battery lasts between 7 and 10 days. I think having a pump makes my life much easier now and all I do when having a shower is put the pump into standby mode and disconnect from giving set. You can buy water proof cases should you wasn’t to go swimming with it left on. Changing the giving set takes me around 2 minutes now and the sensor including the charging around 25 minutes. The sensor can take up to 2 hours to warm up and get back into your Smart Guard monitoring again. My opinion is the Medtronic MiniMed 780G and the Medtronic Guardian 4 glucose sensor are the best monitors are the best of the pumps today.

Reactions: Prancy and dioscuri

vic hill

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
ACCU -CHEK SPIRIT COMBO
THE VERY BEST OF PUMPS GOING but sad to say no more
finished i think last year
not the very best of software for downloading but works also the very best of support few years back had reports problem as a ROCHE COMPANY
high tech person came on via team leader so he could gain access to my COMPUTER one and half hours later SORTED FROM GERMANY brillant VIC 64 years insulin

Reactions: ChuckJones
D

Deleted member 574368

I travel a lot and undoubtebly will end up having to buy an infusion set somewhere! Its not so much the cost more of a question of avai;lbility. Next stop will be Cambodia.

Prancy

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Hi my Diabetic Consultant put in for a NICE forms so I could have a Diabetic Pump and Glucose Sensor. The one I decided on was the Medtronic 780G And The Medtronic Guardian 4 Sensor. Since Getting the devices my H1BC fell from 79 down to the latest one of 54. My Diabetic control went down to between 6.5 mmol to 8 mmol now. You have to order through your Hospital a 3 Months Supply of Giving Sets, Tranducers and battery’s which is so easy to do now. My pump is around half the size of a mobile phone and.around 25mm thick . I just simply clip mine too my clothes. You do have to recharge your sensor usually once a week with a supplied charger mine uses AAA battery’s, My Pumps giving set has to be changed every 3 days which is way better than the 8 injections I use to have a day. My Medtronic pump runs with a AA battery the power with one battery lasts between 7 and 10 days. I think having a pump makes my life much easier now and all I do when having a shower is put the pump into standby mode and disconnect from giving set. You can buy water proof cases should you wasn’t to go swimming with it left on. Changing the giving set takes me around 2 minutes now and the sensor including the charging around 25 minutes. The sensor can take up to 2 hours to warm up and get back into your Smart Guard monitoring again. My opinion is the Medtronic MiniMed 780G and the Medtronic Guardian 4 glucose sensor are the best monitors are the best of the pumps today.
Just wondering how things are going with the 780G.

Heathero

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Huh due a pump review but won’t tell me in advance what type they have. Have had to wait years for a pump review. Currently using Omnipod and Libre 2.In Suffolk does anyone on here know please? I do like to research before I make a decision.