Exercise encouragement thread

Defren

tree-peony said:
my bits don't wobble, they sway! :crazy:

I am SOOOOOOO pleased I didn't have a drink when I read that! I confess, I swayed too. I am not so bad, I just wobble now.

I came in to say, it seems the shake weight I posted about the other day, that made me blush (thanks Lucy :lol: ) has become a celebrity fitness craze. See, they are reading here these celebs, to glean our information.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/artic ... g-300.html

claymic

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
put in 45 mins on Wii fit tonight...so quite pleased... now i need to do it as often as possible!!

Defren

claymic said:
put in 45 mins on Wii fit tonight...so quite pleased... now i need to do it as often as possible!!

YAY!!! Well done!! From looking at the treadmill, with a murderous glint, It's my friend now, and I love using it. I think I am getting rather sad. My partner is a fitness freak, works out almost every day, and even he likes it. He goes to the gym like you and I go to the bathroom, there is not a hope in hell I am going with him. He would coach me, but my self confidence is just not ready for that. I will go with my friend, as her and I are as unfit as each other.

claymic

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
gyms can be very intimidating. i used to go to a small one and it was not too bad....but when you are huffing and puffing just by walking and next to you is a size 8 girl running like there is no tomorrow...well yeah the gym does become not a nice place to be in.

Defren

tree-peony said:
I prefer to do my grunting in private as well ;)

I agree, a lady perspiring and half naked especially with wobbly bits is not an attractive sight. That said, I do want to start swimming soon, but my wobbly bits will only be on show for a very short while and then hidden under the water, and the perspiration also won't show. Until then I shall do my treadmill, in the deepest darkest corner of my dining room while watching Victoria Wood or Jo Brand. I laugh so much the time flies.

Defren

I'm going to buy a twist plate as my reward to myself when I finish the ND next Sunday. It looks fun, and has to be kinder than the evil stepper.

Defren

Out of curiosity, I have ordered a pedometer. I just want to how much I do actually walk in a typical day (exercise excluded). I mean just by going to the store, chasing the dogs, running to grab the phone/door. Just the average things we do in a day. Then things like walking round the shopping mall, the supermarket, how much 'hidden' exercise do I actually do?

Today for example, I had to go to the Post Office which is in the next village. Once I got to the Post Office, I did what I needed to do, then had a walk around the little shops, then just pottered around the village. I walked for just over an hour, then went into the village Co-op, and had a walk around there are well. Later, I realised It was quite a nice walk all in all, exercise wise, so have decided to see just how much addition exercise I do.

I am also hoping it will encourage me to do even a little bit more, and get me to a level of fitness I would like to be at.

didie

Dislikes
People who think they are always right and ram their opinions down your throat. No-one knows everything. Those who shout loudest are usually the ones who actually know the least.
You should get a Fitbit. It is a magic little thing that records all your activity, steps and all the calories you burn during the day. It can even log your sleep.

Defren

didie said:
You should get a Fitbit. It is a magic little thing that records all your activity, steps and all the calories you burn during the day. It can even log your sleep.

Really? Now that is interesting - thank you. I did read somewhere, we burn a phenomenal amount of energy/calories in our sleep, just keeping us alive. So, to actually know 24 hours a day would be more intriguing.

Since diagnosis, I have become fascinated in how my body uses the fuel I give it, and where and how I could perhaps tweak things to help my BG.

I like the sound of a Fitbit, off to investigate :lol:

[edit to add] Looks like a Fitbit is going to be winging it's way here soon. :lol:

Defren

Pedometer arrived today, and I am :shock: at how much I actually walk and never give it a second thought. The calories you burn just going about daily activities. I really am quite surprised. I took it off when I went out, as my walk is not what I want to add to my usual daily walking, and with it just recording me as I usually am, I am very surprised. I do a lot more steps/miles than I ever realised.

borofergie

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Racism, Sexism, Homophobia
Defren said:
I agree, a lady perspiring and half naked especially with wobbly bits is not an attractive sight.

That, my dear, is a matter of opinion.

That said, I do want to start swimming soon, but my wobbly bits will only be on show for a very short while and then hidden under the water
And it was for this reason, that God gaveth us goggles.

Defren

borofergie said:
Defren said:
I agree, a lady perspiring and half naked especially with wobbly bits is not an attractive sight.

That, my dear, is a matter of opinion.

That said, I do want to start swimming soon, but my wobbly bits will only be on show for a very short while and then hidden under the water
And it was for this reason, that God gaveth us goggles.

You my dear Stephen are incorrigible - go sit on the naughty step!! :lol: