Fascinating! How to reduce the spike in starchy carbs :)

Wurst

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Narcissistic forum members
I'm going to give this a try on the weekend.

zand

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I just posted this on another thread....

Do you think maybe 'they' are trying to sell more ready meals by promoting reheating of carbs? It would make sense since the carbs are the cheapest bit of the ready meal, very few ready meals don't contain carbs and very many contain pasta. All this talk in the media about healthy eating and diabetes is probably hitting sales.

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
Forgot to watch this programme last night, so will try and watch it on Catch-Up over the weekend.

Reactions: 2 people

lizdeluz

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I just posted this on another thread....

Do you think maybe 'they' are trying to sell more ready meals by promoting reheating of carbs? It would make sense since the carbs are the cheapest bit of the ready meal, very few ready meals don't contain carbs and very many contain pasta. All this talk in the media about healthy eating and diabetes is probably hitting sales.

I feel fairly sceptical about this, but the idea is going to appeal to everyone, and, like you suggest, maybe it's a plot. :cool:
I don't much like the sound of all that pasta, never mind the sound of all that pasta hanging around getting cold and sweaty like a hypo.

Janiept

Expert
Well I,for one, am certainly not going to dismiss this without giving it a try.
Oh a plate of mashed potatoes.........Yummmmmmm