Forgive me...I have sinned. On fat!!

marathonmona

Type of diabetes
Type 2
I've done well over the past 3 months, losing 2 stone with LCHF but I have massively overdone it on the fat today. 283 grams to be precise *gulp*.
The culprit? Macadamia nuts. 160 grams to be precise. I think I need to leave those babies on the shelf next time.
Had them throughout the day after cheese and olives but still felt hungry-ish (!) at teatime and had sausage, avocado and tomato/onion salad with some mayo and a sugar free jelly WITH thick cream.
So my lesson? I needed more protein than I had today and can still clearly binge on food, even though it wasn't that carby... Anyone else ever had that much fat and still carried on sailing smoothly?

Xx

Freema

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
283 grams fat all in all..... ... ? is that like 2500 calories ...? ..you must have felt totally filled after that didn´t you ...
I think the most I´ve eaten is about 100 grams of fat 1 day

marathonmona

Type of diabetes
Type 2
283 grams fat all in all..... ... ? is that like 2500 calories ...? ..you must have felt totally filled after that didn´t you ...
I think the most I´ve eaten is about 100 grams of fat 1 day

Just short of 3000 calories after my tea! I feel absolutely satiated (not stuffed believe it or not)!!

Snapsy

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I ate 200g Brazil nuts in one afternoon earlier this year. Never again - the texture of Brazils is so harsh that it wrecked my tummy for days.

I now only buy small packets of nuts as I clearly have an issue with portion control where it comes to nuts. Oh, and no Brazils at all any more. Nooooooooooooo sireeeeeeeeeeee.........

Reactions: Serena51

marathonmona

Type of diabetes
Type 2
I ate 200g Brazil nuts in one afternoon earlier this year. Never again - the texture of Brazils is so harsh that it wrecked my tummy for days.

I now only buy small packets of nuts as I clearly have an issue with portion control where it comes to nuts. Oh, and no Brazils at all any more. Nooooooooooooo sireeeeeeeeeeee.........

A small packet is the way to go I think...

I love all nuts and cannot stop at 'a small handful'

ChrisSamsDad

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
UKIP, royalty, football, gin, goat's cheese.
I've had one of those 150g packets in a single day before now, which is just about 100g fat, They're lush and more-ish the evil buggers. You think 'just one more'....

But I don't care, my BG is fine and I've given up carbs that's all, I've not become a monk or a vegan or some other kind of masochist who denies myself pleasure for no good reason. The odd over-indulgence - especially a carb-free one should be OK.

I'm still on a downward trend weight-wise, but don't think I should lose much more, so I know what I have to do if it's gone too far though.

Kristin251

Expert
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
I have gorged on nuts multiple times. If I eat to many they create huge cravings for more. They also raise my bs a bit but I don't come down for a long time. I need to moderate. I usually have one mac and a pecan as desert. Stupid but it works. I too love nuts.

Reactions: Serena51

Doriand

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Political Correctness
I've done well over the past 3 months, losing 2 stone with LCHF but I have massively overdone it on the fat today. 283 grams to be precise *gulp*.
The culprit? Macadamia nuts. 160 grams to be precise. I think I need to leave those babies on the shelf next time.
Had them throughout the day after cheese and olives but still felt hungry-ish (!) at teatime and had sausage, avocado and tomato/onion salad with some mayo and a sugar free jelly WITH thick cream.
So my lesson? I needed more protein than I had today and can still clearly binge on food, even though it wasn't that carby... Anyone else ever had that much fat and still carried on sailing smoothly?

Xx
The funny thing is, your body can NOT store fat (unlike carbs) and fat will NOT increase you blood sugar (unlike carbs) so you should be okay. I binged on roasts one day eating all the fatty skin and my blood sugars remained normal (6.3) and STILL lost weight. It's just further proof that LCHF is the way to go:)

marathonmona

Type of diabetes
Type 2
I've had one of those 150g packets in a single day before now, which is just about 100g fat, They're lush and more-ish the evil buggers. You think 'just one more'....

But I don't care, my BG is fine and I've given up carbs that's all, I've not become a monk or a vegan or some other kind of masochist who denies myself pleasure for no good reason. The odd over-indulgence - especially a carb-free one should be OK.

I'm still on a downward trend weight-wise, but don't think I should lose much more, so I know what I have to do if it's gone too far though.

I am pleased it was a carb free binge. I would have been very ill had it been a carby one.

I have a horrible cold and actually feel quite good after those Macs!

marathonmona

Type of diabetes
Type 2
The funny thing is, your body can NOT store fat (unlike carbs) and fat will NOT increase you blood sugar (unlike carbs) so you should be okay. I binged on roasts one day eating all the fatty skin and my blood sugars remained normal (6.3) and STILL lost weight. It's just further proof that LCHF is the way to go:)

This is all music to my ears. Lovely!

I couldn't test at school however I'm now a 6.3 and feel goood.

chalup

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
If you are gonna have a blowout macadamias is the way to do it. If you have been careful with your calories you may find the high calorie day will jolt your body into dropping a pound or two as well. Just make sure it is a very occasional thing or it will backfire. I had a bit of a blowout yesterday on low carb sugar free pumpkin cheesecake yummmmmm

ChrisSamsDad

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
UKIP, royalty, football, gin, goat's cheese.
Er....This isn't actually true. Your body CAN and DOES store fat - I assume you mean from dietary fat. Actually easier than it does carbs. However, it won't in the short term increase your blood sugar.

marathonmona

Type of diabetes
Type 2
If you are gonna have a blowout macadamias is the way to do it. If you have been careful with your calories you may find the high calorie day will jolt your body into dropping a pound or two as well. Just make sure it is a very occasional thing or it will backfire. I had a bit of a blowout yesterday on low carb sugar free pumpkin cheesecake yummmmmm

That's what I thought Chalup! Could have been a lot worse.

Pumpkin cheesecake sounds devine...

Reactions: chalup

Freema

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Maybe you need something in these nuts . I often eat brazilnuts for breakfast like 30 gram now when low calorie But later when I have lost What I want I'll eat more They are filled with vitamin b's and selenium