Forum nominations 2023

HSSS

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Sorry missed this @Pipp. No, we have had a pm message.
I would really like to @Brunneria as a mod, but I don't believe she would like not to return as a mod.

When does voting start?
There is no vote. There were enough spaces for all nominations to succeed.

The first post on the thread was updated but many of us (you and me at least obviously) don’t go back to the start of each thread when we revisit it so missed the update.

Pipp

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Sorry missed this @Pipp. No, we have had a pm message.
I would really like to @Brunneria as a mod, but I don't believe she would like not to return as a mod.

When does voting start?
No apology needed from you, @Lamont D . At the time of the earlier comments the thread was becoming somewhat frivolous, so I was bringing things to order, again. I do agree, @Brunneria was an excellent forum mod, and I had the great honour of working alongside her and learning a great deal from her, at an earlier mod stint. (But won’t derail this thread and turn it into the Brunneria appreciation society. It would only make her blush ;)).

For any members wondering, once nominations close, moderators have no part in the elections process. This is to prevent any perceived manipulation by the current mods, to get the people they prefer in place. Not that we would. :)

After nominations close, the rest of the election procedure is undertaken by the admin team. @Administrator, and @Carson_dcuk .

Reactions: Rachox and Antje77

Carson_DCUK

Staff Member
Administrator
Hi All, I am very sorry, I had only edited the main post which unfortunately hadn't notified anyone of the changes. I have posted the revised post below. My apologies again.

***ELECTION UPDATE***

Hi, thank you all for taking part in the nominations and this year's election process. As we only have a few new mods joining the team there is no need for an election, and we will be welcoming the new mods

lovinglife
TriciaWs
ianf0ster

Joining the returning members of

EllieM
VashtiB
KennyA
Pipp

We will be losing two mods as their terms have now finished, and we would like to thank them for all of their hard work and dedication.

Jaylee
Antje77

Lamont D

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Hope you two stick around.

And maybe @Carson_dcuk you could find the blogs that have been missing since the upgrade?

• Agree
Reactions: Antje77

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Just noticed that the new mods @lovinglife @TriciaWs and @ianf0ster have had their new position acknowledged on their avatars, so wanted to wish them good luck in their new roles.
I'm sure they'll do very well, and I'd like to echo @Lamont D : Good luck with the likes of myself once I'm retired as a mod!
Until then, I'll try my best to help them get settled into their new role of course. :)

Lamont D

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
I'm sure they'll do very well, and I'd like to echo @Lamont D : Good luck with the likes of myself once I'm retired as a mod!
Until then, I'll try my best to help them get settled into their new role of course. :)
There is, I feel, a bit of frustration, to be as playful, as is allowed in forum rules coming along quite soon!

Reactions: EllieM and Antje77

Lamont D

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
I didn't think there was any room for playfulness within the forum rules - outside of the Mods forum that is !
There are threads that most mods don't know exist and always the rpms!
Which no mod has found yet!I
Is always means to an end!