Freestyle Librelink logbook

Ants W

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I'm using the Librelink app on Samsung phone (ie Android) with Libre 2 sensors. The app is the latest version available from Play Store.

The app works well with the exception of the Logbook feature. When selected this takes a long time (around 60 seconds) to display the day's logbook entries.

Is this a "feature" of the app waiting for a fix, or a problem with my installation.

I'm reluctant to reinstall the app because all of my glucose, food, exercise and insulin data will probably be lost. Also, the only sensible time to reinstall would be between sensors.

RTI

Hi, I am using also a Samsung with librelink and had only some "slow response problems" with my older Samsung (M21). Have you just tried simply to restart your mobile ? In case you want to reinstall you may loose the previous stored data (librelink), you will loose automatic 1mn auto Glucose update until the next Sensor or loose current sensor (depending on type of reinstallation).

Glenanenn

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi
I also have a samsung s22 ultra with same problem. I've contact abbott and was told to clear cache and restart phone this did nothing . they also said to try to clear data uninstall app reinstall app ..... buy loose all data on phone I've emailed them back and asked for a better solution
would be OK with iphone as I've been told they reinstall and get all there data back!

Ants W

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Thanks for the comments about the Freestyle app. It would be useful to hear if anyone tries the reinstall option.

The long wait for the logbook to appear is annoying. I'll probably try the reinstall solution if Abbot don't provide a better one.

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Strange.

I’ve heard about this mine is fast to load on my Samsung with the latest librelink app, but I’m still running Android 12…

Glenanenn

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi
I'm running android 13 . it was fine b4 sensor was turned into a proper cgm .as a flash sensor everything in app was lightning quick. now everything still is quick except for the log book. I've tried everything except completely removing and restarting. except that when we went from flash to cgm I had corrupted the app so then b4 I started with my first cgm I total removed app and started again , loosing over a years worth of data (well 3 months ) but it had been on my phone working perfectly for a year.
don't know if it's app or android as a whole as every version of android even on same manufacturer can be a bit different. As you are samsung same as me bit one is on 12 and one is on 13 ... soon to be 14 hopefully. So I can understand that Abbotts developers might be struggling a bit.

Glenanenn

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Update
Fed up with no log book . it was new sensor day so cleared all data uninstall app reinstall app .
and log book now works. currently only 2 things in it though. it opens instantly. Will wait and see what its like over next week or so and report back.
Shouldn't have to do this though

Reactions: Assimilator1

barrym

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Update
Fed up with no log book . it was new sensor day so cleared all data uninstall app reinstall app .
and log book now works. currently only 2 things in it though. it opens instantly. Will wait and see what its like over next week or so and report back.
You are right, you shouldn't have to do it.

I was talking to an Abbott support guy the other week, and I exposed him to the wait for the logbook to open to answer one of his questions, and he quite convincingly said there is a fix in the 'works' for it (pinch of salt).

Ants W

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Update
Thanks for the update. The app only lets you view the last 3 months of data. That doesn't mean older data isn't there. It will be interesting to see how your reinstalled app behaves after a month or two.

Glenanenn

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
already a week in and starting to get the swirling thing as I have to start to wait so far only a second or so but now not instant as it was when I cleared all data and reinstalled the app. I dont currently hold much hope in it being quick to open when I have 3 months of data as cos of my job on stupid shifts my log book has a lot of entries. but I will keep both an open mind and my fingers crossed

• Informative
Reactions: barrym

Grandadfatboy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
arrogant, abusive, greedy people
Up until last November, my S20+ was absolutely fine with the L2 app, including alarms working in silent and Do Not disturb modes. My phone updated to Android 13 and no alarms at all, silent or otherwise. I updated my phone to S23 Ultra (updated to Android 14 last week) and like my S20+ no alarms at all. Abbott could not solve this issue and their solution was to send me a reader. Not the solution I wanted, but at least I'd have alarms, especially at night.

Abbott sent me, by mistake, a L3 sensor, which I decided to test. I fitted the sensor last Friday the 17th November. The L3 app still requires the 60 minute "warm up", but once done BG readings are displayed instantly in the app and constantly updates. The main difference is scanning the sensor has no effect whatsoever, so you simply click the add a note button and makes notes just like in the L2 app.

On to the L3 app. I made no settings changes to my phone before or after installing the L3 app. The first thing I see when I open the app, is No warning to alert me to that alarms aren't working. I deliberately set the alarm levels in the app so the alarms would raise with my current BG reading. They worked a treat. The real test was to put my phone into Do Not Disturb mode, allowing the L3 to override the Do Not Disturb, and low and behold the alarm worked. Peace of mind at night.

In conclusion, I find the L3 app to be perfect for my particular needs and application. The sensor is easier to apply, no marrying up the 2 halves like the L2 sensor (which with my hands is becoming increasingly more difficult), and I don't know if it's smaller size, but less uncomfortable to affix. I know there is zero chance of my being prescribed the L3, but with all the different problems many Android users are having with the L2 app, I sincerely hope that Abbott iron out the glitches in the L2 app.

Glenanenn

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
So sorry you have had problems with alarms. I have the s22 ultra on android 14 and (touch wood) Have never had problems with alarms . If I had I definitely would have jumped ship to dexcom 1 and seen what the differences are I know there are problems with it but would have been worth checking out. my gp had already offered me that chance b4 libre changed from flash to cgm....
If Log book isn't fixed with the wipe I have done then I will be going back down that route.
I don't think many people will get libre 3 unfortunately

Glenanenn

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi All
Latest come back from abbott about freestyle libre has made me a little mad so I thought I'd share with you all.
I was asked the standard questions after emailing them ie phone os app version etc
And they have come back with " Please be kindly informed that it’s always recommended to use a compatible device based on the compatibility guide. Since your device is not listed on the guide, this means that your phone or operating system’s compatibility with the app has not been confirmed or has not passed testing. You can continue to use the app, please be aware that some features may not be fully supported. "

I've been to Abbotts Web site and the only compatability list I can find is for app versions 2.7 and 2.8 not 2.10. And my phone (samsung s22 ultra) is on those lists but now with an os update and app update it's not compatible!
I've emailed them back and asked the question about being previously compatible but not now?
It does feel like they really don't care.
This log book issue had only been on my phone since they turned it into a cgm. That was great but I do need the log book as I work really bad shifts and need to look back at what I was doing on previous times on shifts

Glenanenn

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
attached should hopefully be a screen shot of part of a compatibility pdf abbott kindly sent me. if you look at it for Android it doesn't list latest os 14 and the phones it does list an awful lot of them are out of support from their manufacturers. To me this list tells me abbott want everyone to have an iPhone.
even google pixels are only covered up to 6 that is 2 years old now they are upto 8?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20231204_173714_Microsoft 365 (Office).jpg
    Screenshot_20231204_173714_Microsoft 365 (Office).jpg
    1,017.6 KB · Views: 152

Ants W

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi All
Latest come back from abbott about freestyle libre has made me a little mad so I thought I'd share with you all.
I was asked the standard questions after emailing them ie phone os app version etc
And they have come back with " Please be kindly informed that it’s always recommended to use a compatible device based on the compatibility guide. Since your device is not listed on the guide, this means that your phone or operating system’s compatibility with the app has not been confirmed or has not passed testing. You can continue to use the app, please be aware that some features may not be fully supported. "

I've been to Abbotts Web site and the only compatability list I can find is for app versions 2.7 and 2.8 not 2.10. And my phone (samsung s22 ultra) is on those lists but now with an os update and app update it's not compatible!
I've emailed them back and asked the question about being previously compatible but not now?
It does feel like they really don't care.
This log book issue had only been on my phone since they turned it into a cgm. That was great but I do need the log book as I work really bad shifts and need to look back at what I was doing on previous times on shifts
Hi, I checked device compatibility on the Abbott website (see attached). Both of our phones (A32 and S22) are compatible with the app version 2.10.1.

Attachments

• ART39109-001_rev-AN-pub.pdf
    1.5 MB · Views: 82

Glenanenn

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi
unfortunately I have had a few emails from abbott the last saying
"It appears that the root cause of the issue you’re experiencing with the logbook feature being slow, particularly in showing your continuous glucose monitoring (CGM) data, is related to the compatibility of the LibreLink app with the operating system on your device. Our app currently does not support OS 14 on Android phones, and this lack of compatibility can lead to certain features not functioning as smoothly as they should. I understand that this is a bit frustrating, especially when you rely on the app for your health monitoring.

We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused. Your health and ease of managing your diabetes are of utmost importance to us. Hence, our digital team are continually working to improve the app, testing newer operating systems, to ensure broader compatibility"
dont really know what to say to that other than they should be involved in every os beta test with there apps for both android and apples os and they aren't! as not compatabile with android 14 or apple after 16.1 from Oct 2022!!!

Ants W

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi
unfortunately I have had a few emails from abbott the last saying
"It appears that the root cause of the issue you’re experiencing with the logbook feature being slow, particularly in showing your continuous glucose monitoring (CGM) data, is related to the compatibility of the LibreLink app with the operating system on your device. Our app currently does not support OS 14 on Android phones, and this lack of compatibility can lead to certain features not functioning as smoothly as they should. I understand that this is a bit frustrating, especially when you rely on the app for your health monitoring.

We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused. Your health and ease of managing your diabetes are of utmost importance to us. Hence, our digital team are continually working to improve the app, testing newer operating systems, to ensure broader compatibility"
dont really know what to say to that other than they should be involved in every os beta test with there apps for both android and apples os and they aren't! as not compatabile with android 14 or apple after 16.1 from Oct 2022!!!
My phone, a Samsung A32, has Android OS 13 and is running the 2.10.1.10406 version of the app. These all satisfy the compatibility requirements listed on the Abbott website. The logbook is very very slow to display - at least 65 seconds.

Glenanenn

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi Ants
I don't know what to say. I've tried the delete everything and start again and 2 weeks In its gone from instant open on day one to about 3 seconds on day 14 so not holding out much hope that at day 90 it won't be back at your 65 seconds or more. I'm at the point that if I hadn't just found some watch faces and widgets that give me constant blood reads on my wrist (another thing I've been after to help at work) I'd be looking at trying the dexcom one to see if the grass is greener, or just trading 1 lot of problems for a lot of new one!

Ants W

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi, I've been looking for a Garmin compatible widget/watch face that can display BG readings from the sensor or Librelink app. Where did you find your widget? Also, I plan to try the app reinstall when I change sensors this afternoon. Thanks. Ants

Glenanenn

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
watch face called cgm connect watchface digital
widget called cgm connect widget
they are in the garmin connect app store both by same developer work with both libre and dexcom apparently. it uses libre link up app log on
watch face updates every 5 mins
widget updates as soon as libre updates.
I would definitely recommend them both

Attachments

• 20231206_160134.jpg
    20231206_160134.jpg
    909.6 KB · Views: 101
  • 20231206_160152.jpg
    20231206_160152.jpg
    897.9 KB · Views: 105
Last edited: