Freestyle Librelink logbook

barrym

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Referring to the original issue of access to the logbook being slow, and @Glenanenn's observation that even removing the data didn't fix the issue once the data had built up a bit, made me wonder if iPhones had the same problem. I assume the underlying database would be different on iOS.

Ants W

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi, thanks for pointing out the Garmin widget and watch face. They work on my watch (Vivoactive 4). The set up is a bit Heath Robinson with the need for the LibreLink Up app on my phone. That means an Internet connection is needed.

Hopefully it's a coincidence, but my latest sensor is a bit erratic - gaps in the BG graph that can't be filled by scanning.

I didn't try the reinstall as a solution to the slow logbook. One change (Garmin widget) at time is safer for testing.

Glenanenn

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi Glad they work for you. With regards to libre link up app, you don't need it on your phone once you have set up the libre link up facility in your normal app, you just put the linkup credentials into the garmin widget/watchface settings and they should work. the link up app is more for partners to see how you are doing or parents to track there kid's.
don't think the gaps should be with what you have done, but if you was to ask abbott there default response would be to blame it!

Danmiluk

I have a Samsung, and I noticed after the last update, my WiFi had stopped working as you do rest everything on the phone reset the WiFi in the house turn phone and off my libre wouldn't read unless I scanned it.

Turned off my Bluetooth and hey presto everything back to the way it was.

So when I'm anyplace that I'm using WiFi I have to turn off the b/tooth to get it to work and when ot on WiFi turn on b/tooth to get my remote readings from my libre.

Glenanenn

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Maybe set up your own topic about your problem, as this chat is about log book issues.

PS never had any problems with Bluetooth other than if I've switched Bluetooth off for a while , then when phones Bluetooth is back on I've had to rescan to reconnect, I expect this is to prevent sensor loosing battery by constantly looking for a phone that is switched off

Reactions: Assimilator1

MrsA2

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I have a Samsung, and I noticed after the last update, my WiFi had stopped working as you do rest everything on the phone reset the WiFi in the house turn phone and off my libre wouldn't read unless I scanned it.

Turned off my Bluetooth and hey presto everything back to the way it was.

So when I'm anyplace that I'm using WiFi I have to turn off the b/tooth to get it to work and when ot on WiFi turn on b/tooth to get my remote readings from my libre.
I find having the Bluetooth on just slows anything WiFi based, and some bits just never work while it's on, so a quick turn Bluetooth off, do what you need to do then turn Bluetooth back on again works for me.
The libre does store that data for the time Bluetooth is off
But then I am a T2 so don't need the alarms or constant reading.

MuttNJeff

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Like for lots of other people, logbook problems started for me with the update to 2.10. My first problem was that 2.10 lost the signal much more often. I knew my phone was old, so I eventually updated it to a Samsung with android 13. It still randomly loses contact - some of that, if I scan, gives me the old 'please try again in 10 minutes' message, i.e. rate of change is outside the expectations. For the logbook, my time to open it feels like a minute, but trying just now with the PC in front of me showing the seconds it was only 25 seconds. Still annoying, and also long delays after looking at an entry and going back to look at another (e.g. after flagging up a test shot from a novopen).

barrym

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Going back in time to my early days programming, I'm talking 1970s here, we had a need to display a large data set on a 25 line screen. When it was first written, I'd read 25 records, then display them all at once. The user complained it was slow! So I read one record and displayed it, red the next and showed it below, until all 25 lines were shown. It actually took slightly longer but for the user, who couldn't read them as fast as I could display them, it was a vast improvement.

I don't know for sure that this is the problem here, but it looks like it could be. Every time you look at a single day, then go back, it seems like it's re-reading all records again. iOS doesn't seem to have the problem, so maybe the code's different or more likely the database has better structure indexes to follow. Who knows?

Someone back up the thread said clearing the data appeared to fix the problem, but as the data increased it got progressively slower.

I reported it once to Abbott and the rep said there was a fix in the works, then last week I called again and that rep hadn't heard of the issue at all.

Ah well, I complained there wasn't a search facility way back in the first few months of Libre, and nothing has happened. Add this one to the list and I'm pretty disappointed.

Glenanenn

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi Everyone
First .... "Merry Christmas"
Just an update on Logbook opening times 35 days into a reboot. Its now taking about 5 to 6 seconds to open which isn't the end of the world but sure does feel like it some times!
As a side note I've found an app on Google playstore called Gluroo don't know if anyone else has seen it , it works via librelink up so gets all the relevant stuff. also can work with dexcom. only had it for 24 hours but looking for a log book alternative , so far has a lot of data but carnt see an easy way just to look at food time in log book.
on the plus side if you have a android smart watch it has wear os watch faces that look good.
I don't think it's for me but it might help others
pics are from someone else's watch just for you to see

Attachments

• PXL_20231222_185438180.jpg
    PXL_20231222_185438180.jpg
    270.4 KB · Views: 58
  • PXL_20231222_190310194.jpg
    PXL_20231222_190310194.jpg
    389.6 KB · Views: 64

Ants W

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi Everyone
First .... "Merry Christmas"
Just an update on Logbook opening times 35 days into a reboot. Its now taking about 5 to 6 seconds to open which isn't the end of the world but sure does feel like it some times!
As a side note I've found an app on Google playstore called Gluroo don't know if anyone else has seen it , it works via librelink up so gets all the relevant stuff. also can work with dexcom. only had it for 24 hours but looking for a log book alternative , so far has a lot of data but carnt see an easy way just to look at food time in log book.
on the plus side if you have a android smart watch it has wear os watch faces that look good.
I don't think it's for me but it might help others
pics are from someone else's watch just for you to see
Merry Christmas.

It's new sensor day. I'm trying the reinstall solution for the very very slow logbook display. 5 to 6 seconds after 5 weeks seems tolerable.

Thanks for the alternative logbook and Garmin watch faces.

Glenanenn

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi
67 days into 90 and log book takes about 20 seconds to open and then to go into each new day . had to go through records for my nurse and write down for her my reads and carbs for 3 week period took 3 hours!!! thought that was all supposed to be done for them via libre link up!

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi
67 days into 90 and log book takes about 20 seconds to open and then to go into each new day . had to go through records for my nurse and write down for her my reads and carbs for 3 week period took 3 hours!!! thought that was all supposed to be done for them via libre link up!
My lot prefer to plug in & download my meter records…

I’m not even sure they know what they are looking at regarding libreview.

Assimilator1

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Googled this as I've been having problems with L2 logbook loading times for maybe a year now!
I've largely given up using it, but when I do it takes over 2 minutes to load!! And I know I'm not exaggerating because I've set m screen's time out to 2 minutes and it goes to sleep!
Now unlike you guys with your posh new phones (2yrs old is new to me ;) ), I have a nearly 6 yr old Motorola G6 play (on OS9)! Which no doubt contributes to the slow loading times, but this slow loading came pretty much overnight so I know it's an app bug!:mad:

Also, you guys mention email support? Where the hell did you find that? I can only every find* a phone number to ring for support, which is such a PITA when working full time!
*it has been a several months since I last looked though.

@Glenanenn How are the logbook loading times now 2.5 months on?

Last edited:

Glenanenn

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
79 days in and now about 26 seconds to open log book and about the same every time you click an entry and go back. all I've got told by the app developers is that my phone isn't on there supported list . but no bodies is cos they dont update it for ios or android. as app not been updated for months. log book failure is a direct link I think to when it went from flash to cgm. that's the price we have had to pay. I prefer the cgm to flash and now I look back on my long book very rarely . but I do always put all my bloods and food in so hopefully the medical team at my hospital will see some of it.
my phone is 2 years old but on latest android version.

barrym

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Googled this as I've been having problems with L2 logbook loading times for maybe a year now!
I've largely given up using it, but when I do it takes over 2 minutes to load!! And I know I'm not exaggerating because I've set me screens time out to 2 minutes and it goes to sleep!
Now unlike you guys with your posh new phones (2yrs old is new to me ;) ), I have a nearly 6 yr old Motorola G6 play (on OS9)! Which no doubt contributes to the slow loading times, but this slow loading came pretty much overnight so I know it's an app bug!:mad:

Also, you guys mention email support? Where the hell did you find that? I can only every find* a phone number to ring for support, which is such a PITA when working full time!
*it has been a several months since I last looked though.

@Glenanenn How are the logbook loading times now 2.5 months on?

[email protected]

.....but don't expect an immediate reply - normally 24 hrs.

Glenanenn

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
90 days in
still taking about 26 seconds to first open up log book and then about 20 if you go back. quicker if you go to a date in calander .
so don't now use the log book that much unless I really have to. then it's a pain.
hope others are having better look . would also be nice if the app got updated as now very out of date with current android os and the phones they have checked it with have mainly moved on with there android versions so officially very few phones are actually supported! It would be nice if the medical people who authorised this for us to get could actually put pressure on them to update it ie threaten to send every one to dexcom and hit them where it hurts..
in the pocket or there balance sheet

Lynne C J

Type of diabetes
Type 1
I'm using the Librelink app on Samsung phone (ie Android) with Libre 2 sensors. The app is the latest version available from Play Store.

The app works well with the exception of the Logbook feature. When selected this takes a long time (around 60 seconds) to display the day's logbook entries.

Is this a "feature" of the app waiting for a fix, or a problem with my installation.

I'm reluctant to reinstall the app because all of my glucose, food, exercise and insulin data will probably be lost. Also, the only sensible time to reinstall would be between sensors.
I have a Google Pixel 6a (Android) and over the last week the Logbook has taken a long time to load. I'm on the latest version of software, maybe a Libre problem?

Glenanenn

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I have a Google Pixel 6a (Android) and over the last week the Logbook has taken a long time to load. I'm on the latest version of software, maybe a Libre problem?
unfortunately it's an app problem app hasn't been looked at since the sensor was changed to cgm. since then the log book has been a problem. abbott blame everyone for updating the os on there phones! as they say app only approve to work on phones that comply with there approved devices list . but they haven't changed or updated it as phones Inc iPhone get os updates.

Wilsapp

unfortunately it's an app problem app hasn't been looked at since the sensor was changed to cgm. since then the log book has been a problem. abbott blame everyone for updating the os on there phones! as they say app only approve to work on phones that comply with there approved devices list . but they haven't changed or updated it as phones Inc iPhone get os updates.
I'm sure this is a bug, nothing to do with phone compatibility. I'm running Android 14 but the logbook has been desperately slow since Abbott "upgraded" the app to automatically read from the sensor. I was on an earlier version of Android when I got the Libre update and it was just as slow before. The LibreLinkUp app displays this data instantly so this is just bad programming by Abbott. I think all we can do it hope they fix it.

If everyone emails them to tell them about the problem, maybe they'll be more of a chance they'll do something (although I'm not optimistic!).

Twice I've had friends tell me off for playing with me phone in a restaurant and all I've been doing is waiting for the bloody logbook!