Freestyle Librelink logbook

Doodlemum

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
I'm using the Librelink app on Samsung phone (ie Android) with Libre 2 sensors. The app is the latest version available from Play Store.

The app works well with the exception of the Logbook feature. When selected this takes a long time (around 60 seconds) to display the day's logbook entries.

Is this a "feature" of the app waiting for a fix, or a problem with my installation.

I'm reluctant to reinstall the app because all of my glucose, food, exercise and insulin data will probably be lost. Also, the only sensible time to reinstall would be between sensors.
I have a Samsung and i don't have any log book issues at all. My only problem is i keep losing signal to the sensor. It is only my 3rd day so I'll wait to see what happens

Glenanenn

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
the log book gets slower as it fills up when you hit 90 days its 30 plus seconds. 3 days in is as good as it gets!
I spent a lot of time in communication with abbott. in the end they just said if your phone isn't on there list to the spec they list ie old os they carnt be responsible for it not working! they basically don't care.

barrym

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Does anyone know where the developers for LibreLink are? I somehow suspect they might be in the US, or possibly a couple of steps removed from Abbott, ie India. If it were in a country with a Abbott website presence we might be able to get the fault logged somewhere close to the techs. I feel we are pouring all our calls into a bottomless pit. I went through a cycle of emails with me complaining, them saying they care….. Funny way of showing it.

However, against my better judgement, about a month ago I deleted the database and started afresh. I record all meals, and exercise, and insulin on ‘notes’ so have built up quite a bit of data. Then I loaded my Novopen Echo - 90 days of data maybe 10 records a day incl test shots, so there’s a fair bit of data there now and whilst it pains me to say, it does seem OK at the moment, sub 1 second response.

I know others have posted this didn’t work for them, and that it won’t last. We’ll see.

YMMV - don’t blame me.

edit: added my test result

Last edited:

nico7586

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Thanks for the comments about the Freestyle app. It would be useful to hear if anyone tries the reinstall option. as

The long wait for the logbook to appear is annoying. I'll probably try the reinstall solution if Abbot don't provide a better one.
Would NOT recommend re-install of the app as all data could be lost, however, have you got a laptop and upload your data to the hospital diabetes nurse and any problems they would call you with recommendations. I us my controls on Samsung Flip 4 and don't have any problems with the logbook as the data goes straight to the logbook.

Assimilator1

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
unfortunately it's an app problem app hasn't been looked at since the sensor was changed to cgm. since then the log book has been a problem. abbott blame everyone for updating the os on there phones! as they say app only approve to work on phones that comply with there approved devices list . but they haven't changed or updated it as phones Inc iPhone get os updates.
As I mentioned earlier, my phone's on Android 9 ;), and the loading times are over 2 minutes!
Like you, I've largely given up on looking at the log.

becca59

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I rarely look at my log. Not sure what the need is. However, I Phone 12 mini IOS 17.3.1 no issues with log book access, it’s immediate, and I very rarely have signal issues unless I’ve abandoned the poor phone.

Glenanenn

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I rarely look at my log. Not sure what the need is. However, I Phone 12 mini IOS 17.3.1 no issues with log book access, it’s immediate, and I very rarely have signal issues unless I’ve abandoned the poor phone.
unfortunately for Android users the app is different to iPhone users. if iphones uninstall the app and reinstall it I belive the log book is still full and working. if android users uninstall rhe app and the reinstall it we start again from day 1 to repopulate it.
different people get different benefits from the log book. I personally work really cr#p shifts so I used to like looking back at the last time I was on the shift to see my ratios etc as mine change as the week progress, due to sleep patterns, exercise (and I think depending on the wind direction)
the log book issue again got raised with my diabetic nurse today who instantly offered me a dexcom sensor, but as it was dexcom one I again turned it down as for me 10 days would work as sensor would die while I was at work. so I like the 2 weeks of the libre to be able to change at weekends.

Jordi77

Type of diabetes
Type 2
If you want the best out of the Libre Link app the easiest way around it and it works for Android and iOS as I have checked as I use it is just add the Libre Link Up app to your account in Libre Link and that you need your login details for as well and once you have that you can have a separate app which works the same way as Libre Link and you get your logbook and everything you need in there as I have that as well as sweet dreams app as I am able to use Libre on my apple watch and it allows me to see what my sugars are now and to the second and I was at first thinking for a few minutes before I realized that if I added Libre Link Up app to Libre Link to it I will be able to see what the sensors are up to all the time and I thought I would pass it on to you if you needed any help with the sensors

• Informative
Reactions: MoyaAnne and barrym

Glenanenn

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
libre link up app dosnt help the log book issue as only log book entries in libre link up are when you scan your sensor.
I've had that app running for months but gain no benefit from it.... but using that log in with my garmin watch means I've got instant reads on a watch widget . a watch face that also gives me a read . and linked to activities its also recorded when my watch tracks an activity.

Jordi77

Type of diabetes
Type 2
I use that as well as sweet dreams so that I get my results on my Apple watch every minute and it's registered in sweet dreams app but not in Libre Link but can't have everything you want as I only get them in Libre Link if I add notes to enteries and to store it with food and insulin doses and whatever else I need to for the hospital but that's the only way I can store anything in the logbook on Libre

Assimilator1

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
@Jordi77
Thanks for the tips :), I'll have to look into that, although like Glenaneen said I'd want to see the entries within the graph.
PS It would make it much easier reading your posts if you used commas and full stops ;)

@becca59
Sometimes I need to add entries in belatedly where I've forgotten to, or open entries to see what events caused what BG changes.

I think log book opening times is upto 4 minutes now!:rolleyes:
I emailed Abott a while back, they said trying clearing the cache first (which I did, made no difference), 2nd thing they said to do was to un-install athe ap and re-install, great!:confused: They did mention that I could access the old log online, assuming I have an account setup. I think I have, I need to check that.

Glenanenn

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
accessing the log on line is not a quick job like accessing the log book in the app SHOULD BE.
It requires downloading a big pdf file to then look through it. There is a lot of Info, but not laid out how you have got used to viewing it.
Sounds like you got exact same response as I did. The log book is quicker to start with as it's empty, but as it fills up it gets very slow again. I also got pointed to there out dated compatability list and told my once compatible phone now wasn't as its newer os hadn't been tested for compatability?