Type 2 Gall Bladder Lchf

Goacher55

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Morning everyone I’ve just had my gall bladder removed after what has been several years of pain. I had changed to lchf but now have to re think again

Indy51

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
My advice would be to cross that bridge when/if you come to it. Many people without gall bladders handle the LCHF way of eating quite well. Many of the forum members have found no issues with the diet.

Reactions: Goacher55

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I had my gall bladder removed in 2000, so a long time before my diabetes diagnosis. I suffered with post cholecystectomy chronic diarrhoea for many of the years in between. However LCHF has solved that problem for me and I haven’t had any other ‘gallbladder’ symptoms since being diagnosed with diabetes. As the others have said, try it and see.

Resurgam

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I suppose - not having a way to store bile, but having a constant supply into the gut, then a diet which requires a constant output of bile would be the logical post removal advice.
If it isn't - why not? Don't they know that bile is not supposed to lie around unused for days or weeks but should be part of the normal digestive process? Maybe they don't and that is why so many gall bladders are being removed.

Goacher55

Type of diabetes
Type 2
I’ve taken all your advice and added food slowly -put 4 lb in this week though eating food puts weight on .. who knew ? No bad side effects yet just feeling better and better sugars back to normal ish too

Reactions: Antje77 and Indy51