Game of Thrones (warning thread contains spoilers)

wolfie11969

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Can someone settle an argument for me, please? I read that this series is the last but my son says no, there's one more series to come. In a way he makes sense because there are a lot of loose ends to tie up.

Did anyone else notice Jon's sword as he came up from the lake? No spoilers, mind!

U have me intrigued I will watch that episode again avidly

Reactions: Guzzler

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
Did anyone else notice Jon's sword as he came up from the lake? No spoilers, mind!

You couldn't miss it, he dragged himself out of the lake with it.

A ice breathing dragon, interesting times ahead :)

Another great episode, just seen a trailer for the final episode next week.

Guzzler

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Poor grammar, bullying and drunks.
You couldn't miss it, he dragged himself out of the lake with it.

A ice breathing dragon, interesting times ahead :)

Another great episode, just seen a trailer for the final episode next week.
But did you notice what happened on the pommel of the sword?

Guzzler

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Had to Google which part of the sword it is......lol

No I didn't @Guzzler , do explain.
You remember when Jon offers the sword to Jora Mormont and saying he had replaced the bear on the pommel for the Stark wolf? Well, a few seconds before Jon breaks the surface of the water the wolf's eye glistens.
I have a sneaking suspicion that this ties in with the whole 'reincarnation/Bran third eye' thing but I am often proved wrong about plot lines in GoT which is why I love it, you just never know...

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
You remember when Jon offers the sword to Jora Mormont and saying he had replaced the bear on the pommel for the Stark wolf? Well, a few seconds before Jon breaks the surface of the water the wolf's eye glistens.
I have a sneaking suspicion that this ties in with the whole 'reincarnation/Bran third eye' thing but I am often proved wrong about plot lines in GoT which is why I love it, you just never know...

I see, thanks for the explanation @Guzzler

wolfie11969

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I've seen the finale - some parts good, some parts a bit boring but they were tying up loose ends. Love to hear what other people's opinions are

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
I've seen the finale - some parts good, some parts a bit boring but they were tying up loose ends. Love to hear what other people's opinions are

Trying to avoid the on-line newspapers in case someone reveals the ending, again I'll not get to watch it until Friday evening but will report back on Saturday with my thoughts @wolfie11969

How do you rate the season overall, best so far or doesn't come close?

wolfie11969

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Trying to avoid the on-line newspapers in case someone reveals the ending, again I'll not get to watch it until Friday evening but will report back on Saturday with my thoughts @wolfie11969

How do you rate the season overall, best so far or doesn't come close?

Oh the ending is obvious so if you do get a spoiler it wont matter much because the season has been building towards it.

And this season has been OK - just disappointed in the last episode as I felt it was too much cramped into one episode. They could have quite possibly made another episode too.

But the pieces are falling into place and I'm hoping certain people get their comeuppance in the final season.

I'll look for your post on Sunday to hear your views

wolfie11969

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only

according to the good old internet the shot of the sword and the lake was just an unintentional glow back from the lights used in the scene. There is no hidden meaning :(

Reactions: noblehead

Guzzler

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
wolfie11969 said:
according to the good old internet the shot of the sword and the lake was just an unintentional glow back from the lights used in the scene. There is no hidden meaning :(
Thanks Wolfie. A little disappointed in that, I do so love the twists and hidden clues.

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
And this season has been OK - just disappointed in the last episode as I felt it was too much cramped into one episode. They could have quite possibly made another episode too.

That's the problem when you have a seven episode season as opposed to the usual 10.

Guzzler

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
I have not seen the last episode yet. Studiously chanting "LaLaLaLaLa".

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
Despite the thread title I'll not try and spoil things for those who haven't seen the final episode but I thought it was excellent, few surprises along the way like what Bran said about Jon Snow and what Sansa said to Littlefinger.

Again the effects were outstanding together with some incredible acting, particularly by Peter Dinklage who plays Tyrion Lannister, looking forward now to S8.

wolfie11969

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
My step-son, who is just coming up to 17, has decided to start watching GOT as he feels people in college will be talking about it. He's part way through Season 1 and doesnt refer to the characters by name but by the name of a character they have played/or will play elsewhere eg Jason Momoa (Khal Drogo) is Aquaman.

I think he preferred to watch it without us as he gets embarrassed by nudity and any form of physical contact (guess he picked the wrong show hee hee). It's just as well we are not watching it as we binge watched the previous seasons before season 7 to recap.

And here's to season 8 - which is rumoured not to appear until Spring 2019 :wideyed:

MuntiJay

Type of diabetes
Prefer not to say
Treatment type
Diet only
the whole 2 years to wait for the last season :banghead::arghh:

Guzzler

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
I've heard that rumour, too. Two Whole Years! It is a bit of a gamble for HBO, I think, though die hard fans willwait.
There were seven years between the first and second books so, obviously, fans came back in droves.