Cumberland

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Foodwise Nuts & Mushrooms (Vomit)
Morning. Went hospital yesterday, been having problems since catarach ops, confirmed yesterday I have now got blepharospasm!!!! One of the side effects of the operation which I wasn't told about, told yesterday if my eye keeps closing then to book appiontment for Botox. But side effects are droopy eyes, face mouth ect! & Botox only last few weeks. Wish I'd never had the op. For months my eye has been twitching & they keep trying to close. Awful feeling. & had bad fall early in week & I'm very sore & bruised on left side & whole arm Good day to you all

Sending gentle hugs @maureen5752

Reactions: Granny_grump_

Granny_grump_

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Dishonesty lies and thieves and online Bullies!!!
Morning. Went hospital yesterday, been having problems since catarach ops, confirmed yesterday I have now got blepharospasm!!!! One of the side effects of the operation which I wasn't told about, told yesterday if my eye keeps closing then to book appiontment for Botox. But side effects are droopy eyes, face mouth ect! & Botox only last few weeks. Wish I'd never had the op. For months my eye has been twitching & they keep trying to close. Awful feeling. & had bad fall early in week & I'm very sore & bruised on left side & whole arm Good day to you all

Hi Maureen such a terrible side effect of what is deemed to be one of the most successful ops. I had cataract surgery 4 years ago my side effect was floaters peripheral vision problem, this went on 2 1/2 years. Two laser treatments on both eyes It put paid to my fell walking which I absolutely loved,and 2/3 hour walks locally everyday.
Has I couldn't do the walking my arthritis went worse in my knees and I hadn't the confidence to drive for the whole 2 1/2 years. I drive locally has I know the area,but I'm lucky I can now get upto 1 hour walks with my dogs. I went into a depression and felt my life was over, the retirement I so looked forward to had gone all because of this surgery,so yes I know something of what your going through and I am so sorry,I do hope things will improve for you. So my Best Wishes to you and hope for the future. Kathleen

Reactions: Cumberland

tina_marie

Type of diabetes
Don't have diabetes
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Dislikes
patronising people an those who lie.
@tina_marie same to you hope your keep img well x
I'm good thanks . Been to the bungalow and painted the wet room. With all the twisting and turning bit of an ache back. Ron's had a brilliant day. He hadn't tested all day so when we got back I handed him his test kit , got a 4.6 reading.

maureen5752

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
@Cumberland @Granny_grump_ Thanks both of you. Gentle hugs very welcome Cumberland I'm so sore, Granny_grump_. yes I had problem during ops, I've now got bright diagnal lines & halos , very bad when lights on or street lamps or cars, Also now got dry eyes, had Macular for many years, recently they stopped my yearly check up!!! As I'm dissabled in my legs I'm not that confident, fell badly this week, but now I'm long sighted wS short sighted before op, it does depress you & yeh I've lost my confidence, sometimes I can't see properly to get change from my purse ect. Still just got to hope my eye doesnt shut, it was doing that few months ago now back again, still just got to get on with it, stress Won't do my bgs any good. Hope you & everyone on forum are well for those who arnt hope you get well soon X

maureen5752

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I'm good thanks . Been to the bungalow and painted the wet room. With all the twisting and turning bit of an ache back. Ron's had a brilliant day. He hadn't tested all day so when we got back I handed him his test kit , got a 4.6 reading.
@TINA-Marie

Granny_grump_

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Hi Maureen I have been told the glare from headlights and not necessarily bright sun is also another of our side effects,I was wearing sunglasses in winter for gods sake,now most days I need them,it's caused by the plastic lenses light reflects from them and causes glare. They tell you nothing about any side effects before op. Cannot drive on motorways at night it's like night blindness, but at least I have a husband who drives so it could be worse?!Kathleen

maureen5752

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
@Granny_grump_ hi yeh halos & diagnal lines are cos of op & lens they fit, I try not to be out when it's dark but lights in shops bother me also, I don't drive never had confidence, maybe cos of my car accident when young I don't know, luckily you have your husband to help you, I wear sunglasses a lot also & use side lamp mainly in the house. Hope you have good evening. @TooSweetForMe your cherry tomatoes sound lovely hope you enjoy x

Granny_grump_

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
I ve had Liam's bolognese with pork and chorizo meatballs, probably too much protein,or it could have been the glass of rose wine,or it may have been the chocolate ice cream 130 g small tub.
BG 2 hrs later 9.6 wow! Not had a treat for over a week and not had a glass of anything since starting this pathway of eating, I do know it wasn't Liam's bolognese has I've had it twice before no BG rises,so need to carry on testing new foods! Kathleen

Granny_grump_

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
@Cumberland @Granny_grump_ Thanks both of you. Gentle hugs very welcome Cumberland I'm so sore, Granny_grump_. yes I had problem during ops, I've now got bright diagnal lines & halos , very bad when lights on or street lamps or cars, Also now got dry eyes, had Macular for many years, recently they stopped my yearly check up!!! As I'm dissabled in my legs I'm not that confident, fell badly this week, but now I'm long sighted wS short sighted before op, it does depress you & yeh I've lost my confidence, sometimes I can't see properly to get change from my purse ect. Still just got to hope my eye doesnt shut, it was doing that few months ago now back again, still just got to get on with it, stress Won't do my bgs any good. Hope you & everyone on forum are well for those who arnt hope you get well soon X
Take care Maureen and anytime you want a chat just post on here K

Liam1955

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Anti-Gay People, Self Centre People, Two Faced People and Bad Language.
22/3 - Good Afternoon from a wet and heavy raining York.
Late Today, only went to bed at 4am and got up at 11.30am. But, hope you all have a good day and hugs to all the poorly people :).

Granny_grump_

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Hi @13lizanne - Anna, tell your Hubby his meal sounds yummy and I would eat that all up, pity you didn't live a lot nearer as I would be round UN-invited :)
We had our dinner at lunch time, I did Penne Pasta, Brocolli heads, Celery, Onion, Mushrooms, Garlic in a cream sauce and folded in the pasta - that was eaten at 1.15pm and just tested and my blood sugar is............ R cannot have anything to eat now, just have clear liquids and has to take a sachet at 7pm to cleanse his digestive system in preparation for tomorrow's Endoscopy and Colonoscopy. His bloods have already been tested and no markers were found (Leukaemia), I will take a bar of Chocolate with me tomorrow and he can eat it after the procedures are over, sometime after 6pm. So, won't be home till about 7pm? ( will be at Hospital from 2.15pm)

Wishing R good luck for his hospital procedures,had no idea he was having these problems do hope he's nothing to worry too much about when he gets his results. K

Liam1955

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Anti-Gay People, Self Centre People, Two Faced People and Bad Language.
Hi K :), @Granny_grump_ everything was "Normal" and all Blood Tests except his HBA1C came back at 43 (pre-diabetic) I was present when his GP gave him all the Test Results and I pointed out about the HBA1C, and GP replied: 'There is nothing to worry about' = his Bloods will get checked in 6 months time. He is 5 ft 10inch tall and weighs 10 stone 4 lbs and can eat Biscuits, Cakes, Sweets and Chocolate like there is no tomorrow, and he eats these in front of me. I keep telling him to cut all that 'rubbish' out! His reply is: " GP said there's nothing to worry about" = end of subject. - I rest my case!! Wx:)

Granny_grump_

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Hi K :), @Granny_grump_ everything was "Normal" and all Blood Tests except his HBA1C came back at 43 (pre-diabetic) I was present when his GP gave him all the Test Results and I pointed out about the HBA1C, and GP replied: 'There is nothing to worry about' = his Bloods will get checked in 6 months time. He is 5 ft 10inch tall and weighs 10 stone 4 lbs and can eat Biscuits, Cakes, Sweets and Chocolate like there is no tomorrow, and he eats these in front of me. I keep telling him to cut all that 'rubbish' out! His reply is: " GP said there's nothing to worry about" = end of subject. - I rest my case!! Wx:)
Hi William you just described Geoff when he was diagnosed last year,you might Has well bang your head against a brick wall I said all you said but nothing worked. Until about three weeks ago and he suddenly decided he would eat what I eat and he is doing fine! Whilst at home hopefully and when he is at work? He used to call newsagents on way work when he worked day shift and buy chocolate bars chunky kit kats you name it he eat it,but mostly out of site of me. I give him a rag ear about it all, something's must stick, or he feels it's easier to conform? What do you think? Kathleen