Happy happy happy!!

-Artemis-

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
.... Just wanted to share my excitement at getting the call today and the news I'll get my pump in two weeks!!!

Not been on for a wee while as things have really *sucked* lately --- but this is a MUCH needed lift; and had to share cos knew you guys would get it :) :)

Reactions: 21 people

himtoo

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
mean people , gardening , dishonest people , and war.
why can't everyone get on........
nice one !!!!

Reactions: 2 people

Nicola M

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
You'll be getting yours around the same time as me! It's great news when you finally get told you are getting one. Have you decided which pump you want? I went for the Animas Vibe :)

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
Excellent Artemis, this is the news you've been hoping for so well done :)

-Artemis-

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
Thank you lovelies!! :)

Nicola I chose the 640g -- mostly cos I know I can have the cgm to start with and so combined with the Smartguard I'll have the confidence to actually get my insulin right... I live by myself and have never gotten my nighttime doses right cos I've been frightened -- which means constantly waking up feeling ****** and spending half the day getting my numbers down... But this should change all that -- woop!! :)

Reactions: 9 people

yingtong

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People who.kock diabetes
Great news,I started on mine on Monday,Good Luck.

Reactions: 4 people

Juicyj

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Hypos, rude people, ignorance and grey days.
Fabulous news and well done, nice to hear good news, let us know how you get on ? my DSN is putting me forward but don't think I will get one, however would be very interested to hear how you get on with yours ;)

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
@-Artemis-, make sure you get the book Pumping Insulin by John Walsh & Ruth Roberts, it comes highly recommended by the pump users on this forum.

Reactions: 4 people

CarbsRok

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
pasta ice cream and chocolate
Really pleased to hear your news. Will you still be using pork insulin in your pump or have your team said no?

Heathenlass

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Brilliant, brilliant news ! :D:D

Just what you need for a lift in your spirits :) Sorry you've been having a ****** time recently, it must be something in the air, lots of people seem to have had a rough time since the new year :(

Hopefully the pump will sort out the BG issues you've been having , and, we want regular updates , please !:D

Signy

Reactions: 5 people

yingtong

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People who.kock diabetes
Artemis I'm not doing to badly,as many people on here have said there is quite a bit of hard work,even as I was lucky enough to get funding for a CGM,but i am sure it's worth it.As noble head said get hold of a copy of Pumping Insulin,I find it is so much help.Keep ticking the days off it won't be long to you are pumping.

Reactions: 5 people

-Artemis-

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
Fabulous news and well done, nice to hear good news, let us know how you get on ? my DSN is putting me forward but don't think I will get one, however would be very interested to hear how you get on with yours ;)

Defiitely will! Thank you.... And good luck with yours, you might be surprised.... various people thought I'd not be very likely to get one, but my actual consultant saw things differently and undestood.... I'm in a slightly quirky position because I'm technically under two consultants and I think the other one woudl have said no -- so worse case, if yours does say no and you really would like to be reconsidered, you could ask to see another consultant...? Anyway good luck :)

-Artemis-

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
Artemis I'm not doing to badly,as many people on here have said there is quite a bit of hard work,even as I was lucky enough to get funding for a CGM,but i am sure it's worth it.As noble head said get hold of a copy of Pumping Insulin,I find it is so much help.Keep ticking the days off it won't be long to you are pumping.

Thank you! I have heard it's tricky at the start... but also worth it! :) good luck with getting more used to yours too :)

-Artemis-

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
Brilliant, brilliant news ! :D:D

Just what you need for a lift in your spirits :) Sorry you've been having a ****** time recently, it must be something in the air, lots of people seem to have had a rough time since the new year :(

Hopefully the pump will sort out the BG issues you've been having , and, we want regular updates , please !:D

Signy

Yes - definitely! Thank you Signy! It's funny; I also know a fair few people struggling at the mo.... boo... Mine is a mixture of all sorts of living alone fears, which in turn caused all sorts of relationship problems... not good :(

Still.... I'm hopeful this will ease eveythig a little.... Will defo update! :)