Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
728E6606-8181-4B56-BBAA-6866AE03AAEB.jpeg
Nothing, not even a condemned cooker, can keep Rachox from her coconut ‘porridge’ breakfast! ;):joyful::hilarious:

zauberflote

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
okra. Cigarette smoke, old, new, and permeating a room, wafting from a balcony, etc etc. That I have so many chronic diseases. That I take so very many meds. Being cold. Anything too loud, but specifically non-classical music and the television.
Hooooraayyyyyy!!!!!!

Reactions: Prem51

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Brand new replacement cooker coming next week :) It’s amazing what CCing the company CEO into an email to customer services gets you! ;):joyful:

Reactions: Prem51

jpscloud

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I don't have a full size cooker any more, I use a Tefal portable induction hob, with a halogen oven (and microwave of course). You have to have induction-friendly pans for the hob, they tend to be a bit more expensive than ordinary ones.

I haven't EVER regretted getting rid of the full size cooker - halogens take a little experimentation to get used to, but think of it as a high powered grill which can be used as a slow cooker if you get my drift... only thing I haven't done is baking cakes etc. which are probably better in a full size over. You just have to remember the heat comes from above, so judicious use of foil and turning over can help with roasting chicken, for example.

My halogen makes the best fried eggs I've ever done... a little butter or whatever you fry eggs with in a pan on the high rack, heat to 120, put the eggs in, back on 160 or a bit higher and they cook from both the top and bottom, which saves having to spoon hot fat over them.

Just seen I've replied to this 3 days late, glad you are sorted! Worth having a halogen in reserve, I think, anyway.

Resurgam

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I did the turkey for Christmas Day in the halogen oven for the first 1 and 1/2 hours cooking time, transferred it to a heavy roasting pan and surrounded it with veges to roast in the oven, took it out, covered it with the lid and then did the Yorkshire puddings.
The Halogen oven is great for things both large and small, I only need to normal cooker for the hob most weeks, just once in a while I need the capacity of the big oven.

Reactions: jpscloud

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I love my halogen too.
Like @jpscloud the only thing I need a big oven for is lc baking (which is rare).

@Rachox I’m v glad your breakfasts weren’t disrupted!