Leptin Levels And F.lux & Cell Phone / Computer Screens

Living-by-the-beach

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I did a test this summer going to a high ski resort and I lost 6 lbs inside 10 days at altitude. The process here is well known and has been observed before, one's leptin levels are either increasing (or one sensitivity to leptin is increasing) and I wasn't as hungry as I normally was. Now on reflection I was going to go back to this same ski resort and do the same trick all over again. Then I recall reading about Geoff Whitington and his job + his journey through T2DM. He worked as a night time shiftworker (security guard) and he had ballooned up to 300 lbs in total weight (20+ stones). I suspect his leptin levels were low or he was also suffering from leptin resistance. Working night work affects circadian rhythms and can lower leptin levels. As a result he was eating too much (over a long period of time) to help him stay awake When he lost his weight he became un-diabetic.

Here's an interesting study on what I'm talking about

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4871543/

I read about F.LUX and I've seen the parallels of us all using computers / cell phones their rise is amazing but with it comes blue light. Blue light disturbs good sleeping patterns, & it lowers leptin levels. See this link to Harvard University study:-

https://www.health.harvard.edu/staying-healthy/blue-light-has-a-dark-side

I did a search on these forums here; for the query of leptin & computer screens and no one is mentioning this topic.

If I put a link in for F.LUX the moderator may remove the link but I sense we should be talking about leptin levels and sleep depravation and how it affects weight levels over time.. I'm currently using F.LUX and even within a week I've noticed I'm sleeping betther

Last edited:

LittleGreyCat

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Diet drinks - the artificial sweeteners taste vile.
Having to forswear foods I have loved all my life.
Trying to find low carb meals when eating out.
I did a test this summer going to a high ski resort and I lost 6 lbs inside 10 days at altitude. The process here is well known and has been observed before, one's leptin levels are either increasing (or one sensitivity to leptin is increasing) and I wasn't as hungry as I normally was. Now on reflection I was going to go back to this same ski resort and do the same trick all over again. Then I recall reading about Geoff Whitington and his job + his journey through T2DM. He worked as a night time shiftworker (security guard) and he had ballooned up to 300 lbs in total weight (20+ stones). I suspect he was eating too much (over a long period of time) to help him stay awake When he lost his weight he became un-diabetic.

Here's an interesting study on what I'm talking about

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4871543/

<snip>

So spending time at high altitude can take the weight off?

Hmmm...Blue Mountains in Australia, a trip to the Andes, summer in the Alps?

I wonder if I can get this on prescription?

Reactions: Antje77

Living-by-the-beach

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
So spending time at high altitude can take the weight off?

Hmmm...Blue Mountains in Australia, a trip to the Andes, summer in the Alps?

I wonder if I can get this on prescription?

Check out this link for altitude gym and weight loss
https://www.deccanchronicle.com/lif...ining-how-to-lose-a-stone-in-25-sessions.html

& a report on the official 20 man German study of 2010

https://www.wired.com/2010/02/high-altitude-weight-loss/

But more importantly its the sorting out one's leptin levels that's probably more important.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 308541

If I put a link in for F.LUX the moderator may remove the link but I sense we should be talking about leptin levels and sleep depravation and how it affects weight levels over time.. I'm currently using F.LUX and even within a week I've noticed I'm sleeping betther
F.lux has been around for years as a standalone program for Windows XP and 7.,Windows 10 now has it's own version built into the bling creators upgrade last year.

Android mobiles and tablets have their own version as well.

Living-by-the-beach

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
F.lux has been around for years as a standalone program for Windows XP and 7.,Windows 10 now has it's own version built into the bling creators upgrade last year.

Android mobiles and tablets have their own version as well.

@Tipetoo

You're correct that its been around for years but check my point and post about leptin levels and cell phone / computer screens here by doing your own query against diabetes.co.uk and virtually no one had locally made the point I'm making.

I do know I am sleeping better though. For me that's a win..

Last edited: