Moving my flat belly diet updates here

S

Shar67

Well day 2, didn't get off to a good start, BG before bed was 11.3, couldn't sleep felt a hypo coming on about 2.30am, BG was 3.3, had my day 2 breakfast to treat it, had 1/2 snack allowance for breakfast. Done my exercise feel so tired though, haven't felt that hungry though.
The diet might not be the cause it might be just the old 3c ups and downs

Reactions: 2 people
S

Shar67

Day 3 another nightime hypo, not feeling great, BG was 7 before bed, woke up with hypo, BG 3.8. After the 1st hypo I reduced my lantus (just in case), so non the wiser why these hypos. We will see how tonight goes.

M

mrspuddleduck

Day 3 another nightime hypo, not feeling great, BG was 7 before bed, woke up with hypo, BG 3.8. After the 1st hypo I reduced my lantus (just in case), so non the wiser why these hypos. We will see how tonight goes.
Just to let you know, I am watching your progress!! Take care xx

S

Shar67

Day 4 no hypo last night, reduced lantus and had part of snack allowance a couple of hours before bed, not as tired today but fml was up at 4am as my dog was sick, did t fall asleep until about 2.30am, since starting the diet I've been off IPad at about 9pm to help with sleep, it's not really working, I'm doing the torch light walk tonight about an hour before bed (aim is usually to get into bed by 10.30pm)

Have not been hungry and BG seems a bit high in morning, usually about 5.5 but is up to 7 drops to usual for lunch and dinner, the morning high might be lantus reduction

Maybe there is a link between insomnia and pancreas packing up, I've had insomnia for about 35 years, made it worse by working night shifts (it seemed a good idea if your awake to work)

S

Shar67

Oh today's breakfast was porridge, thought I would give it a try but porridge has been an irritant to stomach.
So far no problems with tummy

M

mrspuddleduck

Funny you should say that @Shar67 , I've had insommnia for about 25 years. Get small bursts of Max 2 hours at a time! As for the porridge, I wouldn't dare!! Xx

S

Shar67

@mrspuddleduck i was feeling very brave, I used to eat it a lot specially in winter, when I was young mum made it with milk and cream with a bit of brown sugar and a dash of cinnamon, dad made it with water and salt:grumpy:
As I got older I preferred it made with water, but maybe some berries or vanilla pods. Then about 8 years ago, it started to irate tummy. Tummy felt really acidly after eating it, so this was my second serving of porridge in 8 years, I had some when I went to Prague, just to see how they made it (water and honey with a dash of cream). So far ok but I don't think I would do it more than once a week

S

Shar67

Well Today is great, BG back to almost normal, reduced lantus again last night. No hypos (though I didn't get to sleep until about 4am (naughty girl took IPad to bed to do ancestry research),
Was hungry this morning 1st time in a long time, feel as if I have more energy today, now I'm pondering if it is the exercise rather than the diet.

S

Shar67

Day 6 already, dropped lantus units again last night, BG was a bit higher this morning but I hope that is due to lantus.
Feel really good, no hypos

S

Shar67

Day 7 last day of phase 1 (this is supposed to kick start metabolism) haven't felt hungry all day after porridge for breakfast, BG was high yesterday so notched up lantus again, BG has been good today, there is some great recipes in the book so the next 3 weeks should be fun, can't wait to see if there is less belly

S

Shar67

BG good again, felt hungry today so went for heavier recipes, need to drink more water but didn't feel like it today. Bit less energy hopefully will be better tomorrow

S

Shar67

Oops missed yesterday, have stuck to lower lantus units and everything seems to be going well.
I do suffer from fluid retention and I don't seem to be losing that, which I thought I would. Define they feel like I have more energy.
(Days 10 and 11)

M

mrspuddleduck

Oops missed yesterday, have stuck to lower lantus units and everything seems to be going well.
I do suffer from fluid retention and I don't seem to be losing that, which I thought I would. Define they feel like I have more energy.
(Days 10 and 11)
Wondered if you'd lapsed yesterday! :D:D xx

S

Shar67

Woke up with a whacking head ache, (little bit dehydrated), it has lingered all day. BG was good 1st thing but pants lunch and dinner, was unsure about dinner as it was pasta with sauce and turkey, I had cod and curried pasta instead, which was
lovely.

S

Shar67

Bg is good today, was in a bit of discomfort last night, so feeling a bit delicate. Think the diet has become a bit boring, so shopping tomorrow with recipes from book to make it a bit more exciting, also don't know if I'm substituting the meats to suitable alternatives, does a cauliflower and broccoli bake sound ok

M

mrspuddleduck

Bg is good today, was in a bit of discomfort last night, so feeling a bit delicate. Think the diet has become a bit boring, so shopping tomorrow with recipes from book to make it a bit more exciting, also don't know if I'm substituting the meats to suitable alternatives, does a cauliflower and broccoli bake sound ok
Sounds lovely!! Cauliflower and broccoli should be OK but I suppose it depends what you put in the bake bit - not sure about a cheesey sauce but I suppose it would depend what cheese you used?????