New favourite yoghurt (low carb)

derry60

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Rudeness,people being unkind
I have mixed cream and a dessert spoon of fruit yogurt before now..No spike. I sometimes chuckle to myself as we are all very crafty, like naughty children trying to avoid getting into trouble with our glucose fiend lol

emmawhit32

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullying if you have nothing nice to say don’t say anything!
Haha thanks!! I might try the Greek yoghurt with some blueberries and mayb oats or are they a bit carb loaded!?? ‍♀️ @tiredoftrying2017

Reactions: mytype1.life

BrianTheElder

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Snide people
I have recently been buying a Waitrose 1 product called Greek Natural Strained Yoghurt. It is made in Greece and is thick (if you like that, which I do). It has 10.2g fat, 3.7g carbs, 5.9g protein per 100g. An excellent ketogenic ratio.

Bunnyluv_

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Here in America I eat Chobani Greek yogurt. I have the zero-fat version, with 6g of carbs per 150g (which is 4g per 100g i.e. about the same as the OP's yogurt). They have a full-fat version which has the same carb content as the zero-fat version: http://www.chobani.com/products/plain#plain-whole-milk.

The brand is expensive but I like to buy their stuff in part because of their ethical work practices. (I wait for it to be on sale then stock up!)

They have Skyr down here in Texas at Trader Joe's, or try Siggis plain. I actually like the texture better than Chobani (but agree that's good too!)

Grateful

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I have mixed cream and a dessert spoon of fruit yogurt before now..No spike. I sometimes chuckle to myself as we are all very crafty, like naughty children trying to avoid getting into trouble with our glucose fiend lol

68a25372f3d1bf0c83e362993abf024c--funny-halloween-happy-halloween.jpg

Reactions: emmawhit32

emmawhit32

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Play around with the options and see what works for you

Any lunch time tips?? Food ideas? I usually have soup but then a couple of hours later my sugars dip.. think mayb lack of carbs!? Can’t live with them in a morning can’t live without them in the afternoon! Lol

david0779

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
negativity and the rain
hi tried these yogurts after seeing ur post spot on there great fridge full now thanks for the tip

mytype1.life

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Any lunch time tips?? Food ideas? I usually have soup but then a couple of hours later my sugars dip.. think mayb lack of carbs!? Can’t live with them in a morning can’t live without them in the afternoon! Lol

It’s such a roller coaster isn’t it!! I tend to have salad (lettuce, cucumber, celery, sometimes olives) following by strawberries/blueberries/raspberries/yoghurt (maybe I eat too much yoghurt hahaaa!) or avocado. I don’t know if you like fish but I also have the John west tuna pots or the cheaper Nixe ones from Lidl. The John west ones are about 24g of carbs and contain pasta so I spilt my bolus dose. Do you have a pump?

I also recommend (again not great for everyone) the Lidl high protein rolls. About 8-10g per roll so great with ham/cheese etc.

emmawhit32

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Oh god yes it is such a rollercoaster Lol.... do you work for a yoghurt company haha ;) Yes I do I have had those tuna light lunches they are quite nice! No I’m not on a pump I did think about one but I don’t like the thought of being tethered to something and the cannula really puts me off. How do you manage with yours?? I do fancy one of those sensors to scan your blood sugars via a patch but I rang the docs and they are not available on the NHS :( boo! Sometimes if I fancy a sandwich I’ll eat half and have the other half a couple of hours later a full sandwich is too much like hard work!! lol things we have to do!!

mytype1.life

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Oh god yes it is such a rollercoaster Lol.... do you work for a yoghurt company haha ;) Yes I do I have had those tuna light lunches they are quite nice! No I’m not on a pump I did think about one but I don’t like the thought of being tethered to something and the cannula really puts me off. How do you manage with yours?? I do fancy one of those sensors to scan your blood sugars via a patch but I rang the docs and they are not available on the NHS :( boo! Sometimes if I fancy a sandwich I’ll eat half and have the other half a couple of hours later a full sandwich is too much like hard work!! lol things we have to do!!

Haha I don’t but I should work for a yoghurt company
I was the same with the thought of a pump a few years back, I’ve had mine for 2 years in March. Once I got it I couldn’t believe I’d been without it, a real life changer!
I’m just as active (spin/pump/dance/yoga) and have so much more control. I took a huge risk and got the pump a few weeks before my wedding. I was so happy you couldn’t see it and nobody noticed! I’ve also travelled a fair bit over the past couple of years and even manage to hide it on the beach!
I self fund my Libre but your consultant should be able to offer you a free trial for 2 weeks or if not and you can’t afford it regularly just paying for it once will be a major help.
Sandwiches are a nightmare, lol! I’d defo say give the protein roll a go - you might even manage the whole thing!

O_DP_T1

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I usually have this with some sweetener and vanilla essence added to it.

Screen Shot 2017-12-19 at 16.05.11.png

BrianTheElder

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Snide people
That's also my favorite but without adding anything.
Yes, that was my favourite too, before I found the Waitrose one that has better nutrition numbers.
If you don't really like yoghurt, I suppose you have to add something to change the taste, but I never would.

derry60

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Rudeness,people being unkind