Newcastle diet starting Monday, done it once who gonna join me on my journey??

Steve50

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
politics, religion, intolerance
TyTy

How are you getting on?

TyTy

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Not much
hi what light exercise is recommended on this diet, was thinking about riding a bike

geordie90

Dislikes
serious people
Depending how fit and mobile you are when I was in it I was extremely active, gym, rugby, cycling, hill walking and had no issues of low bs

TyTy

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Not much
Sounds great, Geordie90!

Brettsza, sounds reasonable. I've been a little unclear on whether this is supposed to be a 600, or an 800 calorie/day diet. 600 calories for a taller/bigger boned person is a lot less than 600 calories for a shorter/lighter boned person. And, I've read that Professor Taylor has since said that it's not the rate of weight loss, but the achieving of the weight loss goal. I've been concerned that if I "starve" myself long enough, the pendulum will swing the other way into a big binge, which of course, I don't want!

I'm still not too hungry (only day 3), but today is my first day of wanting to stress eat, big-time. Am trying to distract myself, and helps to log in here, too.

Reama
Hi Reama , thi sis Day 5 for me, it was hard yesterday i felt tired and dizzy, but today was not so bad, but did feel hungry towards the end of my working day,

Reactions: 2 people

TyTy

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Not much
Depending how fit and mobile you are when I was in it I was extremely active, gym, rugby, cycling, hill walking and had no issues of low bs

how far on a cycle, what do you think is nice distance is 15 miles too far

Roytaylorjasonfunglover

Type of diabetes
Family member
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
how far on a cycle, what do you think is nice distance is 15 miles too far
Read this article with michael mosley . He is doing high intensity interval training, which improved his insulin sensitivity by 25 percent! http://www.bbc.com/news/health-17177251 What he did was the following, 20 seconds with max intenisty on a stationary bike, then 2 minutes of gentle, cyclinf, then 20 secons again, followed by 2 minutes, and finally, 20 seconds all out again. The reasoning why this is so effective is laid out in the article!

geordie90

Dislikes
serious people
TyTy I think that's reasonable if done at a sensible pace but build it up on a weekly basis don't go mad to start with

Steve50

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
HinTyTy

Thanks for the update. Sounds like you are going through carb withdrawal. It will pass. If you are hungry drink loads of water.

For exercise I like to walk. Not too fast but fast enough to raise your heart rate. Maybe 30 mins if you can manage it. But don't focus on hard exercise just yet. Once your weigh drops you will naturally find yourself moving more.

TyTy

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Not much
HinTyTy

Thanks for the update. Sounds like you are going through carb withdrawal. It will pass. If you are hungry drink loads of water.

For exercise I like to walk. Not too fast but fast enough to raise your heart rate. Maybe 30 mins if you can manage it. But don't focus on hard exercise just yet. Once your weigh drops you will naturally find yourself moving more.

Hi Steve50m thank you for your reply, i think will do some bike ride on Saturday , but not too hard

Steve50

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Day 46 - Fasting blood 5.4 (and that is with no meds) last night before I went to sleep it was 4.6. Average over 7 days is 5.6. But get this - weight down again! Weight loss a staggering 1.5kg.Total weight loss on the ND 9.8kg. Total weight loss since September '14 - 25.4kg. BMI now 23.6. I have 2.1kg to go to reach my target weight of 82.5. Never in my wildest dreams!!!!!!!etc...etc...etc... :playful:

I'm wondering if this is the turning point for me - if I have crossed my personal fat threshold at last. When I come off the ND I will get a Hb1Ac - and do some GT tests.

Think I'll go into Waitrose and put 25 x 1kg bags of flour into a basket and see what it feels like (might need two baskets!:wacky:)

10 days to go!!!!!!! (that's 20 shakes and 10 salads :rolleyes:)

Reactions: 13 people

Steve50

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Bloody brilliant @Steve50, really great results, bet your looking forward to some good food soon,
Thank you. Food???? What's that????:p

I just got out of the shower and standing strait - I looked down. Guess what I saw.........feet! For the first time, standing strait and looking down I can see my feet.........(small things :stinkyfeet:)

Wildrover

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Thank you. Food???? What's that????:p

I just got out of the shower and standing strait - I looked down. Guess what I saw.........feet! For the first time, standing strait and looking down I can see my feet.........(small things :stinkyfeet:)

Ha Ha,

RobOwen

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Superb results and definitely a great incentive for me to carry on for 4 more weeks and then adopt a changed regime after that. It's accounts like yours that show it is possible. Well done & keep it up.

Reactions: 4 people

Wildrover

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Superb results and definitely a great incentive for me to carry on for 4 more weeks and then adopt a changed regime after that. It's accounts like yours that show it is possible. Well done & keep it up.
Hi Rob
Think we're around about the same time into the ND, tho you and Steve are getting better results, a case of persevering, keep it up mate

Steve50

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
HI WR

It has been a case of ups and downs for me. On the ND I went through dry patches with high fasting blood readings and no weight loss. I tried loads of things to get things moving, exercise, changes to meal times and composition...nothing seemed to work. The body just does what it wants to do. The only 2 things I would recommend (aside from all the fantastic advice on this thread) is to drink loads of water - and keep going. It does turn around in the long term. Problem is of course 56 days seems a long time when you are concentrating so hard and obsessing on one thing........but it feels bloody brilliant when you get close to your goals!

Keep it up - I say ;)